TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Yu-Gi-Oh! Forums

The WB (ended 2006)

Viz liscensed Yu-Gi-Oh R!!!

darkrunner

[1]Feb 8, 2009
    • level: 14

Straight from ANN , posted today at 2:16: Viz has liscensed the Yu-Gi-Oh R manga and will be releasing it starting October 2009! Finally!

For those who don't know, Yu-Gi-Oh R is a spin-off manga series that takes place after Battle City. Pegasus's adopted son/protege Tenma wants to exact some sort of revenge on the gang for Pegasus's death, so he takes over KaibaCorp and kidnaps Anzu. Yugi and Jou go to rescue her, and Kaiba eventually shows up for the sake of his company. (info courtesy of wikipedia , as I have never read Yugioh R)

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

roguele_beau

[2]Feb 8, 2009
    • level: 31
    THIS IS THE BEST NEWS EVER!!!!!!!! Thanks Doc!

darkrunner

[3]Feb 8, 2009
    Update! I went and looked at the full Viz report on ANN and found this:
    "Yu-Gi-Oh! R is starting in October, and continuing at a rate of a new volume once every three months."

So it'll all be out by January 2011. 11!! That's five years after the original series ended, three years after GX ended, and who knows what they'll do with 5Ds. Why would they space them out so far? I suppose it ensures them some income for those 15 months, but... as far as I know, Yugioh never sold especially well. Naruto and Bleach are the real money grabbers. I wish they'd at least done every other month. Three months is annoying for a spin-off series that no one really cares about.

seto1

[4]Feb 10, 2009
    • level: 16
    i didnt even know about this manga so thanks for the info,well it sounds like a great story line but will the gods be in it

roguele_beau

[5]Feb 10, 2009
    • level: 31
    seto1 wrote:
    i didnt even know about this manga so thanks for the info,well it sounds like a great story line but will the gods be in it

Hey! Long time no see!

darkrunner

[6]Feb 11, 2009
    seto1 wrote:

That's a good question. Like I said, I've never read it, but I would guess not. Doom didn't use the gods, and it doesn't seem like Yugi would use them in his deck unless he had to.