TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Yu-Gi-Oh! Forums

The WB (ended 2006)

why do they all have to die?

Sessho_136

[1]Nov 18, 2005
    • level: 3
    In nearly all other shows, the main characters and villains get severely injured, but they never ever die! Why do Atemu, Yami Bakura, and all the others die if the fans loved them and still love them that much? I personally think that the show was a total hit with those awesome people on. Do you want them back, too?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AnimeMadness

[2]Nov 18, 2005
    • level: 22
    Do you mean why did they have to die in the actual past or why did they have to die at the end of the series?

Well they had to die in the past because how else would they be in the present?

At the end of the series I guess the priests were killed off to show how much they were devoted to protect Atemu. So devoted in fact that they would willingly sacrifice their lives for him.

I can't really answer why Bakura died but I guess it was either because he ran out of ba or Zork used him. And I guess Bakura really did want to move on into the Afterlife besides reviving Zork.

And why Atemu dies at the end is a very good reason why. Ishizu explains it and I'll quote her. "The spirit of the dead must not linger in the world..." He just doesn't belong in this world no more. With Atemu's duty completed, it was time for him to rest in peace after 5,000 years.

I totally agree with you the show was a total hit and I do want to see all the ancient characters again but I doubt we'll see them again anytime soon. >_< .

Sessho_136

[3]Nov 18, 2005
    I really don't understand why they died at the end of the series. I mean just like with a good book you read, you probably wouldn't like a story with a dead ending that you can't change at all. I would just be so much better if they could possibly leave the possibility that the ancient spirits may have managed to stay alive, then the fans could always hang onto that last bit of hope that they're alive and the show could be continued somehow, as crazy as that may sound, you know.

SPDShadowRanger

[4]Nov 18, 2005
    • level: 72
    Because that was how it was created, I think it is cool that there is death because it makes the season a little more emotional and makes it more tense and better

Sessho_136

[5]Nov 18, 2005
    how can u say that??!!! their deaths mean that the show is completely over, gone to land of no returns. Wouldn't u like the show to keep going?

AnimeMadness

[6]Nov 18, 2005
    Yeah I would but all good things must come to an end. Let the Pharaoh rest.

SPDShadowRanger

[7]Nov 19, 2005
    • level: 72
    Sessho_136 wrote:
    how can u say that??!!! their deaths mean that the show is completely over, gone to land of no returns. Wouldn't u like the show to keep going?

Every show has to end at some point in time so Don't cry about it. This show went out with a bang and I'm happy with.

BTRAV

[8]Nov 19, 2005
    • level: 27
    Yup, the spirit of the Pharaoh must move on now that the Ultimate Shadow Game has come to an end and the world is now safe. Too bad Thief Bakura got used by Zorc. It even showed it when the gang was in the Puzzle and Yugi opened the door to find: Bakura, possessed by Yami Bakura, controlled by Zorc and struggling. I would've said Thief Bakura instead of Yami Bakura, but he wasn't using the right form for that. Anyway...I agree that Thief Bakura wanted to move on also but instead got used up by Zorc. So sad. In my fan fic he moves on.

Sessho_136

[9]Nov 19, 2005
    BTRAV wrote:
    Yup, the spirit of the Pharaoh must move on now that the Ultimate Shadow Game has come to an end and the world is now safe.

That's not exactly true, since even in the world right now, I don't know about you, but it's not really safe, and the series ending with not just the spirits gone, but a part still in the so called real world in the show would have made more sense, don't you think?

BTRAV

[10]Nov 20, 2005
    Well, safe compared to Zorc almost destroying it. The world we live in still isn't 100% safe if that's what you mean.

Sessho_136

[11]Nov 20, 2005
    well, I don't like to whine but I definitely haven't seen basically any shows ending with the main characters really dying. Usually, shows end with some sort of a happier conclusion, right? Please tell me if I'm wrong.

XS_Master

[12]Nov 26, 2005
    • level: 10
    Sessho_136 wrote:
    In nearly all other shows, the main characters and villains get severely injured, but they never ever die! Why do Atemu, Yami Bakura, and all the others die if the fans loved them and still love them that much? I personally think that the show was a total hit with those awesome people on. Do you want them back, too?

if the show goes on forever it will rot and we all wish they would just die.. i was quite sad when i saw that everyone dies... but not EVERYONE dies.. yugi, anzu, and everyone else is still alive.
    It would be cool for atemu to stay alive but... i dont know........ i like to keep things simple.. haha i'm simple minded DDD:

Master_Rah

[13]Nov 26, 2005
    • level: 8
    The Pharoah is just a sprit,and he already died.So he goes on to Heaven right?

XS_Master

[14]Nov 26, 2005
    • level: 10
    Master_Rah wrote:
    The Pharoah is just a sprit,and he already died.So he goes on to Heaven right?

well he "technecally" is alive.. in my point of veiw.. when your dead your gone.. your spirit is also gone.. and his spirit is sitll in the world so he's not "dead" dead.

BTRAV

[15]Nov 26, 2005
    My brother hates this show now for some reason, but I'm forcing him to watch it, and now that people are going to be killed off one by one, he's saying "Oh my God you killed (name of character)! You b-----d!"

Sessho_136

[16]Nov 28, 2005
    That's okay. Tell him to watch it some more. I can't be that bad, people!!!
    As for the show, I doubt it can EVER rot, unless you fans are ditching out on the show.

AnimeMadness

[17]Nov 28, 2005
    You know I'm not suprise if some people hate it. The dubbed made it so childish. If Yu-Gi-Oh! was unedited, then maybe it would have gotten just a little more respect. Practically the only people who do respect it are the 7-8 year old kids that watch it and the people who know about the Japanese original.

Sessho_136

[18]Nov 29, 2005
    AnimeMadness wrote:
    You know I'm not suprise if some people hate it. The dubbed made it so childish. If Yu-Gi-Oh! was unedited, then maybe it would have gotten just a little more respect. Practically the only people who do respect it are the 7-8 year old kids that watch it and the people who know about the Japanese original.

Ouch! That seriously hurt.
    But, I do have to admit that the plot gets a bit sidetracked and loses its originality. Still, you know, some of it is actually logical, unlike other shows.
    I really think that changing villains so often made the show lose its theme, which brings us back to why the villains die or just go bye-bye like that.

AnimeMadness

[19]Nov 29, 2005
    I didn't think it sounded harsh. Its just the truth. I know its logical, the show but still its not that all logical. The Japanese original has more logic in it than the dub! Egyptian priests compared to guardians? Death compared to getting sent to the shadow realm? C'mon!

Asj_Johnson

[20]Nov 29, 2005
    • level: 4
    Hmm... No wonder Kaiba doesn't believe half the stuff in the dubbed.