Yu-Gi-Oh! Forums

The WB (ended 2006)

why do they all have to die?

Sessho_136

[41]Dec 4, 2005
    • level: 3
    Joey doesn't lack brains, I mean he eventually got better at the game. I think he just doesn't use his brain now and then, when he acts like a total goofball.
    I can't say the same for having talent, since it took him so long to understand how to dual.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Asj_Johnson

[42]Dec 4, 2005
    • level: 4
    Actually, I think Joey might just pretend to be dumb because he doesn't want anyone to think he's a nerd or something. But I'm not sure, and also it's fun to make fun of him.

k4r6000

[43]Dec 4, 2005
    • level: 5
    Jounouchi is more immature than stupid.

AnimeMadness

[44]Dec 5, 2005
    • level: 22
    Asj_Johnson wrote:
    Actually, I think Joey might just pretend to be dumb because he doesn't want anyone to think he's a nerd or something. But I'm not sure, and also it's fun to make fun of him.

That may be the case. For living proof, I act stupid all the time! ^_^;; Maybe Joey is trying to put on a act to make his oppents underestimate him then he can go in for the kill.

k4r6000 wrote:
    Jounouchi is more immature than stupid.

LOL! You can say that again! This is why me and Joey should be realated. We're immature, lazy and loud abut we're fun!! ^__^

Sessho_136

[45]Dec 5, 2005
    AnimeMadness wrote:
    Maybe Joey is trying to put on a act to make his oppents underestimate him then he can go in for the kill.

I don't think a person would put on this whole act all the time though, so he probably IS a goofball. It's hard to imagine Joey being THAT smart, you know?
    He DOES come through in the end when he's really needed though, so he's not completely helpless.

Asj_Johnson

[46]Dec 5, 2005
    He likes being funny and doesn't think things through.
    Street life requires people to use instincts instead of brains, so that would explain it. If he took the time to think everything through, then he'd have been killed a long time ago.

And I usually don't think about things much, either. Especially when talking to someone. I can't take the time to think about how others will react to my words... Partly because I want to say everything before I forget it.
    Kaiba, though, he probably thinks most things through before saying anything. If he said the wrong thing to Gozaburo or something, he'd probably be punished. Actually... I've gotten in trouble with my step-dad a lot of times for saying the wrong things to him... (Don't blurt out the truth, which they don't want to know, to someone who can lift you above their head )

Antonsean

[47]Dec 6, 2005
    www.duelgx.proboards25.com

and any other person who wants to be in a duel online, and thinks that they are a good duelist, come join us. we have over 40 duelist here including some from the cartoon.

Sessho_136

[48]Dec 7, 2005
    Asj_Johnson wrote:
    He likes being funny and doesn't think things through.
    Street life requires people to use instincts instead of brains, so that would explain it. If he took the time to think everything through, then he'd have been killed a long time ago.

And I usually don't think about things much, either. Especially when talking to someone. I can't take the time to think about how others will react to my words... Partly because I want to say everything before I forget it.
    Kaiba, though, he probably thinks most things through before saying anything. If he said the wrong thing to Gozaburo or something, he'd probably be punished. Actually... I've gotten in trouble with my step-dad a lot of times for saying the wrong things to him... (Don't blurt out the truth, which they don't want to know, to someone who can lift you above their head )

Kaiba probably DOES think a lot more than Joey before saying anything, but his words aren't SO carefully chosen that it takes him a long time to answer, though.

Are you sure Joey has instincts? He made some pretty stupid mistakes at the beginning of the Dualist Kingdom. But you're right, he didn't exactly have enough time to think things through in the streets.

P.S. nice tip you gave there, I'll keep that in mind

darkrunner

[49]Dec 26, 2005
    • level: 14
    Joey (Jonouchi) has weaknesses like any other person. Personally, I think he has more strengths, or at least more important ones. Loyatly, strength, love, determination, etc. Which do you think is more important? Fighting with everything he has to help whoever he loves that is currently in need of help, (Shizuka, Mai) or doing good on that test in volume 5 of the manga? (He was like what, 792 out of 800?)

Asj_Johnson

[50]Dec 26, 2005
    darkrunner wrote:
    Joey (Jonouchi) has weaknesses like any other person. Personally, I think he has more strengths, or at least more important ones. Loyatly, strength, love, determination, etc.

Ha, ha, ha, ha! Sounds like a dog!

Sessho_136

[51]Dec 27, 2005
    Asj_Johnson wrote:
    darkrunner wrote:
    Joey (Jonouchi) has weaknesses like any other person. Personally, I think he has more strengths, or at least more important ones. Loyatly, strength, love, determination, etc.

"sounds like a dog", ha ha... *struggling to not laugh*
    Okay, leave poor Joey alone now, he's been insulted enough.
    teehee...

Joey fans, sorry, can't help it. That WAS pretty funny.

AnimeMadness

[52]Dec 28, 2005
    • level: 22
    Sessho_136 wrote:
    Asj_Johnson wrote:
    darkrunner wrote:

"sounds like a dog", ha ha... *struggling to not laugh*
    Okay, leave poor Joey alone now, he's been insulted enough.
    teehee...

Joey fans, sorry, can't help it. That WAS pretty funny.

Yeah that is funny.

Joey's such a puppy. Heh heh. What a dog. ^__^ Its the perfect description of Joey- loyal, strenght, loving, determination... why does that sound like one of my personalities?.... D'OH! The puppy thing always backfires in my face!! >__< .

arandomeperson

[53]Jan 14, 2006
    • level: 8
    lol

Paris113

[54]Mar 8, 2006
    • level: 5
    i love dogs and i love joey

Elmasllari

[55]Jul 5, 2012
    • level: 1
    Pharaoh goes to his Ancient Past to rule as Pharaoh again , and his spirit to remain free. Yami Bakura and Yami Marik don't die, but they go to the Shadow Realm.