Yu-Gi-Oh! Forums

The WB (ended 2006)

You know you're obsessed with Yugioh when...

roguele_beau

[21]Aug 29, 2008
    • level: 31
    When you tell REAL people, 'that is so something Joey would have said' and expect them to know what you are talking about
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

xSapphireSnowx

[22]Aug 29, 2008
    • level: 2

When your favourite card combo is Saggi the Dark Clown and the Crush Card Virus.

When you sit through an entire episode of Yugioh GX just to see Kaiba and love how he looks the same as he did in the original series - including the Battle City outfit.

When you buy a duel disk for cosplaying purposes, and complain that your trenchcoat doesn't defy gravity like Kaiba's does.

When you watch Yugioh episodes and yell at the characters for making poor moves, even though you've been told countless times that they can't hear you, and you write down said moves, along with how the characters could have improved them.

roguele_beau

[23]Aug 29, 2008
    xSapphireSnowx wrote:
    When you sit through an entire episode of Yugioh GX just to see Kaiba and love how he looks the same as he did in the original series - including the Battle City outfit.

YES YES YES!!!!!!!!

When you actually use your YGO Lunchbox as a purse

darkrunner

[24]Aug 29, 2008
    • level: 14
    Lunchbox? Where'd you get one of those? (though, I must admit, I have a Yugioh pillow case. I don't use it. It sits tucked away underneath the blankets in my closet. A friend gave it to me.)

You search facebook for "yugioh" just to see what comes up.

You've participated in yugioh role plays.

Your user name has the word "yami" in it.

You actually know what the word "yami" means.

You considered writing an angry letter to Beckett because the guy that reviewed Fighting For a Friend part 5 not only gave the episode a horrible review when it's really one of the best of the series, he also incorrectly reported that Joey had Hermos in his hand the turn that Mai attacked with Harpie Lady, but Joey couldn't have had Hermos in his hand because he had just fused it with Red Eyes Black Dragon, making the Red Eyes sword, an equip magic card that Mai destroyed with Harpie's Feather Duster! Joey would NEVER throw that duel! Scratch that, Jounouchi would never throw that duel. I dunno what 4kids would make him do. (...yeah, that last one applies to me... )

BTRAV

[25]Aug 30, 2008
    • level: 27
    Yeah, Beckett sucks. Or at least some of the writers.
    When you hope for more written material you know is never coming, and hoping even that material would be more accurate and honor the series the way it should.

roguele_beau

[26]Aug 30, 2008
    I actually got the lunchbox at a thriftstore, now I'm hoping there's a Seto Lunchbox out there

When you frequent gross fastfood places to collect their YGO toy promotions

When half your friends on Facebook and Myspace carry the names of YGO characters, especially Seto Kaiba

Matt_Purosky

[27]Aug 31, 2008
    • level: 25

roguele_beau wrote:
    Good one Sapphire! When you watch countless bad 4Kids shows simply to hear YGO VAs

I admit, I'm somewhat guilty of this. I actually sat through an entire episode of Chaotic just to hear the voices, and I really don't like this show at all. In fact, Dan Green (I think) voices Maxxor, and I think Peyton too. Darren Dunstan (Pegasus) voices Kaz. Hell, I even still watch Chaotic promos just to hear the voices. I also remember watching Ultimate Muscle: The Kinnikuman Legacy because Eric Stuart voices Dik Dik van Dik, Lisa Ortiz (Serenity) voices Roxanne, and Kid Muscle is Marc Thompson (Rafael, Duke, Valon). God, I can't believe I remember their names! I never really liked this show...

You buy a Chaos Duel Disk from a sale at KBToys even though you gave up dueling and don't like duel disks anyway. (Though I haven't even removed it from its original packaging... the local KBtoys was going out of business and kept reducing its prices, so I bought it. I'm gonna preserve it and sell it over the internet someday... it'll be worth so much...)

You still want to collect cards even if you won't duel anymore.

You still play YGO video games even if you feel you've outgrown the card games.

You call your girlfriend Mai and yourself Joey.

You make a video of a "Rick Roll" (I'll explain if you need explanation) and when they say, "We know the game and we're gonna play it" you put clips of Yami and Yugi. xDDD

That is what I look like now.

darkrunner

[28]Aug 31, 2008
    Matt_Purosky wrote:
    You call your girlfriend Mai and yourself Joey.

YES! Haha, I love that one.

You actually know the rules to the card game.

You run a 40-card deck instead of the newbies that shove every card they own into THEIR decks.

roguele_beau

[29]Aug 31, 2008
    You actually bought the YGO duelist's guide DVD and watched it over and over for the VAs

Asj_Johnson

[30]Aug 31, 2008
    • level: 4
    You know the rules to the 2000LP duels and to Kaiba's Export Mode (from the first season), and you've played by those rules more often than the "Yu-Gi-Oh! trading card game" rules.
    (my brother got pretty tired of me insisting on playing that way. ^_^" He didn't even like me doing the 4000LP duels. >_>" )

edmasterchaos

[31]Aug 31, 2008
    • level: 41
    When you rant to your friends why they shouldn't use the term shadow realm no matter what because it's just a dub thing.

BTRAV

[32]Sep 1, 2008
    I did not know there was a guide DVD with the VAs - er, characters. I also used to play by Duelist Kingdom rules, which are now so obsolete that I still can't get used to the new rules which my younger cousins use to mercilessly kick my butt.

roguele_beau

[33]Sep 1, 2008
    When you travel all the way to Northern Ireland, and blow all your extra cash on YGO cards

darkrunner

[34]Sep 1, 2008
    You have a long conversation with a guy trying to sell fake Yugioh cards, and are able to counter all his arguments that UDE makes different cards from Konami, I'M the one with fake cards, he got his cards inspected by a guy from UDE, etc. (True story! A dealer at my local anime convention was selling fake cards!)

AppleWings

[35]Sep 2, 2008
    • level: 3
    When at least half of said things above apply to you or/and a close friend who you hang out with alot.

When you search "yugioh" into various search engines to see what comes up, and if there's anything new.

When you duel with your friends and blow all your money on cards and manga.

When you and your friend plan out a whole duel and rehearse it, then finally "perform" the duel, with other friends and family members acting out the monsters and spells/traps, and for others, you makeshift the effects with anything that might be around. You then videotape it, then watch it while planning out a new duel, to repeat the process over again...

(Guilty as to the one above. But it's really quite fun, to be all super dramatic, and make up names to all the attacks. And me and my friend are both actors, so we're actual;y trying to be good, and somewhat believeable. Really though, when we watch them over again, it's kinda funny, because everyone is trying hard not to laugh, and everything is so cheesy, but we're totally serious. =D )

BTRAV

[36]Sep 3, 2008
    Sounds great.

roguele_beau

[37]Sep 3, 2008
    When you recognize the difference between a YGO fan and a GX fan

darkrunner

[38]Sep 3, 2008
    And now a 5Ds fan!

roguele_beau

[39]Sep 16, 2008
    You actually listen to a radio station because it has YGO in it's call letters

darkrunner

[40]Sep 16, 2008
    You know all the words to the 5Ds theme song, Hyper Drive--before it airs! ^_^;;