Yu-Gi-Oh!

Memoirs of a Pharaoh

Aired Saturday 11:30 AM Oct 29, 2005 on The WB

• His memeries are back baby YEAH!

He learns his fate as the Pharaoh and meets his past life and he has all of Egypt to rule I wish I could rule Egypt.
  • Yami Yugi returns back in time

Arriving in Egypt, Yugi, Joey, Tristan and Tea, are welcomed by Marik, Ishizu, and Odion. They hope that the Pharoah finds what he's looking for. Yugi goes to the inscribed wall and uses the three Egyptian God Cards. A portal opens and both Yami Yugi and Yami Bakura are pulled through. Yugi and the others find themselves without Yami and wonder what to do. It is then that that meet Shadi, and he explains that Yami was pulled into the world of his memories.
  • Now we're getting somewhere!

Once again the dub screws up - those are ka, not shadow creatures! They all have them! And they sent the assassin to the dungeon rather than executing him, not letting him go rather than locking him away! They were taking Bakura to the dungeon for being a petty thief! Poor guy. Being dragged through the desert by two uncaring guards when he kept collapsing. And what about Ryo Bakura doing a faceplant on the stone steps. That one's gotta hurt. For them it seems there is no justice, no matter how much they deserve it.
  • Two words for this episode: Confusingly Revealing.

Finally Yugi and his friends reach Egypt. In Egypt Yugi mets Asizu and Marik which they lead them to the mysterious tablet of the Pharoah

Yami getting into the past was simple. All he had to do was hold up all 3 Egyptian God Cards, easy but with a twist! Yami Bakura tags along to get revenge on Yami.

The things we were tought about the past was cool. We found out that in Acient times how the Millenium Items were used to create Duel Monsters and in small tablets and how they got into the tablets.

I thought this episode was revealing in so many ways.
  • Interesting Start in a New/Old World

This show began to pick up, especially after the last two boring seasons. Marik is one of my favorite characters, and it was nice to see him again. It also cool to see anchient Egypt and see what Yugi looked like as pharoah. I beleive his real name is Atem, but I'm not sure.

If Shadi is so ghostly, how was he able to save Tristan and Duke's lives? Wouldn't his hand go right through them? Also, I think the guards treatment of Bakura was horrible, and if what i read about Yami Bakura's past is true, then there is a great misunderstanding between him and Yami Yugi.

The assasignation sequence looked like it came out of Indiana Jones, and put a thought in your head: Why would anyone want to kill Yami? What has he done?

This seems like just the beginning...