Yu-Gi-Oh!

Self Destruction

Aired Saturday 11:30 AM Jan 29, 2005 on The WB

• Worst. Episode. Ever.

Yami's my fave character in this entire franchise, and after watching this episode, Yugi became my second least fave (behind Kaiba)! I don't care what he was trying to do for him! Seeing him treat Yami that way, then revealing that he lied about it the whole time without even apologizing pissed me off! One day, I remember watching some episode of GX, which I greatly dislike for the most part, and I don't remember much of it, but Jaden was dueling some teacher of his who was apparently 'evil', but then at the end of the episode, he was happy Jaden won and apologized for doing whatever he had to do. Would that have been SO difficult for Yugi to do?!

A couple years after the dubbed episode aired, I stumbled upon a subbed Japanese version of it, where Yugi was ten billion times nastier! I seriously cried (not out of enjoyment) and kept stopping the episode it was so horrible, but my curiosity got the better of me. Yami was already beating himself up and what Yugi did was completely unecessary imo! What he did was what I consider 'adding insult to injury'!

(Sorry I rambled on so much!)