Yu-Gi-Oh!

Self Destruction

Aired Saturday 11:30 AM Jan 29, 2005 on The WB

• Another great installment in the Yugioh series!

This still remains my favorite Yugioh episode ever! I just love the whole story line, and all the drama! It's one thrill after another: the Pharaoh finds Yugi's soul, Yugi forces him into a duel and becomes evil, the Pharaoh is forced to face the reality of what he did, and then must hurt the person he was trying to protect and save, in order to save himself. As corny as it may sound, I still cry every time I see that episode. I know a lot of people think this episode was "cheesy" and "sucked" or they think it was "sappy", but those people were totally missing the point of the whole story. The lesson it was trying to teach, is that people make mistakes, and as hard as it is to face those mistakes, sometimes we really have to look back at what we've done, and face the truth, no matter how much it hurts. The Pharaoh made a mistake, and he paid a terrible price for it. As hard as it was to face Yugi the way he did, it still had to be done. So again, I loved this episode, and I think it was one of the best episodes in the series!