Yu-Gi-Oh!

The Dark One Cometh (4)

Aired Saturday 11:30 AM Apr 29, 2006 on The WB

• Four Blue-Eyes all at once... Cool! ^_^

Kaiba finally gets off his butt and does something. And he even almost wins against Zork using his Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon. Priest Seto tried going up against Zork with his own white dragon earlier, but when everyone starts to think Zork's down for the count, he ends up overcoming the attack. It's just like Kaiba to wait until he's the last hope, isn't it? Too bad that's Yugi's job.

Again, Kaiba's dubbed to sound like a idiot in the this episode, but besides the dialogue, it's nice to see him. I'm guessing that the whole fussing thing had to do with Ba and Ka or whatever. The episode where Mahado merged with the Dark Magician didn't air where I live, so I don't know anything about it. If Kaiba became the dragon the same way that Yami merged with his monster, then I'm terribly disappointed to see Kaiba reduced to a animal.

This episode is a pretty good one for this season because Kaiba's in it quite a lot. It's pretty much the first episode to have him in the plot so far - even though he wasn't even supposed to be in the last season.
  • Bad dubbing, decent action

Finally, this thing works again! Anyway, The dubbing was kind of annoying in spots, and the plot seemed to drag and repeat itself too. Otherwise, we're moving right along, and within the next couple of episodes this thing will really get moving. I'm so glad we have these voice actors, though - Pokemon is gonna go down the toilet but it won't be 4Kids fault.
  • Yugi uses his last card to banish Bakura and his monster. His victory also breaks Bakura's hold on Tristan. After finding ou the Pharoah's name, they take on the adventure to locate him.

Kaiba's aggressive move to take on Zorc shows a him using his negative atitude for good. Fusing with the Pharoah and becoming part of the Master Dragon Slayer (not exactly the right name) was extremely impressive but not enough to overpower the Dark Lord. Meanwhile, Yugi and his friends have learned that they have powers of their own. They band together and combine their thoughts to find the Pharoah. The twist with the Pharoah's name written in hieroglyphics posed and interesting question, how are they going to relay the message when none of them can read it? These resent shows have heightened my Yugi-meter and strengthened my belief that the show should continue after this season.
  • Awesome!

I loved it! I really liked how they made Kiaba step in finally, but it's funny how he said that Zorc was a hologram. It's like, even when he gives, he doesn't. The Yami and Kaiba murging thing was really cool. It looked so awesome! I really hate how they keep making it seem like Zorc is defeated (even though you know he's not) and then have him come back up and everyone be shocked. You wanted to show that the Pharoh's name is the key, you've made your point! I knew that Yugi would win. You insult the little guy, you gotta go. That bit was great. I'm really glad that they're finally going to officialy announce the Pharoh's name next week even though most everyone already knows it. Can't wait till next week!
  • The Zorc arc is coming to it's Conclusion after this episode. And one step closer to the end is coming closer and closer....

The Zorc arc is coming to it's Conclusion after this episode. And one step closer to the end is coming closer and closer.... Well, Kazuki Takahashi's Yu-Gi-Oh! is unfortuneatley coming to an end. Alright, the episode is pretty much planned out, But.... As i said, The anime's coming to an end soon.... *cries in corner*
  • This is as good as it gets.

I would definitely call this saving the best for last. I mean, not the very last of course, seeing as what\\\\\\\'s to come. But the \\\\\\\"Duel of Darkness\\\\\\\" wraps up nicely with the Pharaoh\\\\\\\'s last defenders buying him enough time until Yugi and company return with the knowledge that will help the Pharaoh fill in his memories and defeat Zorc. And if it weren\\\\\\\'t for Kaiba trying his hand at participation, and with the fusion of the two, Zorc may have already swallowed up the castle city. All in all it was great and I look forward to what is to come.
  • The action concludes on one level and heats up on another.

Now this was a good episode. After Seto loses to Zorc, Kaiba uses the Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon to hold him back. The battle between Blue Eyes and Zorc was one of the greatest battles this saga for sure. Another good battle was Master Of Dragon Solider Vs. Zorc. I think that they shouldn't have had that battle end so quickly because it could have been a great battle. Something that was weird to me was Kaiba helping and actually fusing with Yugi (kind of) willing! This was a complete turn for Kaiba. Overall a good episode, the only things I would have done would be lengthen the Master Of Dragon Solider Battle and not repeat part of Yugi's duel with Bakura.