Yu-Gi-Oh!

The Final Duel (2)

Aired Saturday 11:30 AM May 27, 2006 on The WB

• Here's the episode in a nutshell: Yugi can beat the Egyptian gods. Kaiba doesn't agree and almost walks out on the duel. Pretty much every time Atem attacks, he thinks Yugi has no way to counter it, even though each time there's facedown cards. And NO ONE

So Atem just summoned all three Egyptian gods. Yugi thinks about he can beat them. He doesn't attack that turn, fearing a facedown card. Kaiba says Yugi can\'t win, and tries to leave. Yugi yells at him, and makes him stay by saying he has a strategy to beat all three gods. So Kaiba doesn't have any comfidence in Yugi. Then Atem attacks Yugi and says that Yugi tried, but he wins. Yugi activates a trap. So now Atem doesn't have any confidence in Yugi. Ish(i)zu suddenly realizes maybe Yugi was the pharoah's vessel because Yugi is his reincarnation! (Obviously, we should've figured that out a long time ago.) And then we find out that Yugi and Atem learned stuff from each other! ::gasp:: Yeah, we KNEW THAT TOO! But then we go back to the duel. Yugi starts pulling off some really sweet moves. Come to think of it, Atem pretty much does nothing but attack with the god cards. But it was still a good episode.
  • It was okay

Nice dueling, and they loosely followed the original Japanese concept of Yugi trying to catch up to the Pharaoh and that Yugi is his reincarnation. However, they totally screwed up on a couple things. As usual, they make Kaiba disparaging rather than encouraging. Also, they screwed up the time frame - it hasn't been years since I s h i z u had a vision.
  • 4kids ruines another episode.

5.2
    Why Al Khan Why!! You craped up such good shows!! Yugioh is about to end and no uncuts!! wahh!!! anyways um...I don't remember this episode but I do rember part of the manga...im just kidding I dont remember crap. I'll just rant on. Now Al Khan is a sick SOB who hates anything non american. Um...blah blah... yeah...hmmm....

Seto: Just continue!!
    Me: I don't remember!!
    Seto: Try!
    Me: I am but I just don't...
    Seto: Just say how it ends...
    Me: Ok...

Yugi plays monster reborn in his final move to kick Atemu's butt so now he has to go to the after life. Very sad. wahh!!!
  • The Duel Continues

This episode was awesome! The duel between Yugi and Atem heats up as Yugi is facing down all three Egyptian God Cards. This episode shows how good of a duelist Yugi is without Atem. This episode also provides last minute character development for Yugi as it shows how he felt about always being in the Pharaoh's shadow for so many years. The duel action was great and I liked the moves Yugi pulled off against the Gods. The duel heats up in this episode as well as Yugi and Kaiba moments. Overall, this is a great episode and one that you will want to watch over and over again!
  • The duel between the Pharoh and Yugi continues. Yugi is facing all three Egyptian God cards at once and it looks grim for the little guy...

I was dissapointed with this episode. Barely anything happened the whole time, except more ranting from Kaiba, and many different variations of "The Pharoh and Yugi have completed each other". Like we haven't already heard that many times, especailly within the last few episodes. I think throughout the whole episode we managed to get through only three whole moves, which is not alot or a half-hour. Then when Yugi apparently manages to find a way to defeat the three Egyptian Gods, we don't get to actually see how until he makes his move on the next episode. So all around, this episode didn't really serve much of a purpose, except to show that a lot of talking and shouting can be dragged out for such a long time. It was rather annoying. Hopefully the next episode will contain some actual dueling. We'll see.
  • This episode makes you wonder which way to cheer. It\'s Yugi vs. Atem (Yami Yugi) in a final ceremonial duel. If Atem wins he stays trapped in the puzzle for 5000 more years, but if he loses he can finally go to the relm of spirits.

The episode begins with a quick replay of events. If you haven\'t seen the first one, here it is, otherwise go to the next paragraph. Yugi, Joey, Tea, and Tristan, helped Yami Yugi defeat Zork by telling him his real name, Atem. Yugi revived the Egyptian gods and combined them to destroy Zork. Now Atem must place all seven milleneum items back in the millenium stone. Marik and Ishi zu bring them to the boat to the millenium stone, and they meet Soloman Moto (aka Grandpa), Mokuba Kaiba, and Duke Devlin. On the boat ride there, Marik tells Atem he must also have a duel and lose before he can leave for the spirit world. Joey and Kaiba both try to be the one Atem must duel, but Yugi decides he will duel him, to prove that he is ready to go on his own. That night Yugi and Atem privately make their decks while everyone else is trying to come to grips with the fact that Atem is leaving them. The following day they arrive. Yugi places the millenium items in the stone, and an ancient power seperates them. The duel between them then begins. By the time in the duel this episode starts at Atem has all three Egyptian gods out, and Yugi just has his Silent Swordsman Level 3.

The episode starts with everyone saying, in a nutshell, how hopeless it is against all three Egyptian gods. Kaiba goes to leave, saying that there is no way Yugi can win. The others try to convince him that he should stay. Yugi finally convinces him by telling him to stay by saying he knows how to beat the Egyptian gods. Yugi, though is relizing why he needs to beat Atem, and is glad he is now not hiding behind Atem for once. Meanwhile Tea is still not sure who she should cheer for.

Yugi\'s Silent Swordsman goes to level 4 with 3000 attack points. Then Yugi summons Valkerion the Magna Warrior in attack mode by sending Alpha, Beta, and Gamma from his hand to the graveyard. Slifer the Sky Dragon automatically attacks due to his special ability, which weakens monsters attack by 2000 points or destroys them if they have less then that. Yugi activates mirage spell which lets him negate the effect of a card that targets a monster and gains him 2000 lifepoints, bringing him to 3400 lifepoints.

Atem draws and attacks Yugi\'s Silent Magician(3000) with Slipher the Sky Dragon(4000) bringin Yugi\'s lifepoints down to 2400. Yugi tries to activate a trap but traps don\'t work against Egyptain gods. Next the Winged Dragon of Ra(5000) attacks Valkerion the Magna Warrior(3500) bringing Yugi down to 900 life points and no monsters. Ovelisk the Tormentor(2500) attacks but is stopped by Yugi\'s destroyed Valkerion the Magna Warrior. Then Yugi\'s Silent Swordsman comes back too. Yugi reveals he played that last trap after all, as his life points increase back to 3400. The trap turns out to be Mirage Ruler which activates when all Yugi\'s monsters are destroyed in one turn. It brings back all of Yugi\'s monsters destroyed that turn, and restores Yugi\'s lifepoints back to what they were before the beginning of this turn.

Tea realizes she\'s now cheering for Yugi. Ishi zu realizes that maby Yugi is the modern day version of Atem. Yugi figures out that Atem\'s face down card must be Mirror Force, and makes a plan. Yugi\'s Silent Swordsman becomes level 4 now with 3000 atack points. Yugi activates Valkiron the Magna Warrior\'s special ability and splits him back into Alpha, Beta, and Gamma. Slipher the Sky Dragon\\\'s special ability kicks in and he goes to destroy the three monsters. Yugi activates his trap Magnet Force, which activates when one of Yugi\'s rock or machine type monster is targeted by another monster\'s special ability. When it is activated it changes the target of the ability from Yugi\'s monsters to his opponent\'s, thus weakening the Egyptian Gods by 2000 attack points. Yugi sends Silent Swordsman (3500) to attack Ovelisk the Tormentor(500). Atem activates Mirror Force and says that its too bad Yugi didn\\\'t predict that. Yugi reveals he did and this was part of his plan to defeat the Egyptian Gods.

To Be Continued