Yu-Gi-Oh!

The Final Journey

Aired Saturday 11:30 AM May 13, 2006 on The WB

• The Final Journey: A very special episode. It begins with this episode.

The Final Journey: A very special episode. It begins with this episode. Alot of people wonder what will happen And who will Atem duel. But the person he duels is none other than himself.... Sort of... It's Yugi! The Final duel begins with this episode. My review is over now.
  • The Final Quest

The final quest begins! The episode kind of shows character development for some of the main characters, mostly Kaiba. I like how the characters talk about the previous adventures, it helps wind down the series to its final four episodes. I am glad that Marik is also back even if he won't duel, he has to be one of my favorite characters in the series. I can't wait to see the duel between Atem and Yugi, this will be one for the record books. This episode begins the final part 5 saga of the Yu-Gi-Oh series and it a much watch so you know what is going on in the next four episodes.
  • Very nice episode. It\'s time for Yugi to excel.

Bakura\'s free from the spirit of the ring, Joey\'s achieved a lot throughout the series, Yugi\'s ready to face off against tough duelists on his own, Atem finally remembers his past, Kaiba isn\'t as secretive about what he believes, and Pegasus explains that Atem\'s changed everyone he\'s met for the better. It would be a good last episode if it wasn\'t for the final duel, but you still feel a longing to see the next episode - to see what happens in Atem\'s last duel.

I would of liked to have seen Kaiba be the one to duel Atem in the end. He needs to be able to prove to himself that he can defeat \"the king of games\". But, like Yugi said, in the end you realize that Yugi needs to have the last duel even more then Kaiba. After his duel with Bakura, you see that he still has a few doubts about his own abilities. He needs to prove to himself that he has what it takes. That he\'s not brave only when he has Yami to hide behind. And this duel is to conquer all of his fears and prove that he can do things on his own.
    Another thing is that no one really wants to see Atem go. Tea\'s wishing that Yugi would lose to him, because she loves Atem. Yugi also wishes there was a way for Atem to stay, but knows that he can\'t. Yami has a little part where he thinks about the upcoming duel. He thinks that there are two possibilities. He could win and stay in the Millennium Puzzle forever, or he could lose and go to the afterlife.

So, there\'s still quite a lot of conflict going on, even though the episode ties up some lose ends.
  • Is anyone as depressed as I am!!!

It's hard to believe that after all these years the show is finally going to be over. I'm going to miss Yugi and Atem and everyone else in the series. This episode really sumed up everything and really brought the whole story together. I wish that Atem could stay with Yugi but I guess Yugi has to grow up someday and Atem couldn't protect Yugi forever. This is a very depressing moment in the Yu-Gi-Oh saga. Whats even stranger is that I think Seto is finally believing that Atem is for real and that everything that happened between him and Yugi was fate after all. Never the less,when the final episode aires,I will probably cry. We'll all miss you Yugi and Atem!!
  • They didn't screw it up too badly

Overall I enjoyed the episode, except...doesn't anyone care about Bakura?! Those heartless fools! *ahem* Anyway, I'm glad everyone's okay, *pouting* but I still concerned about Bakura, even though he's okay too...now.
    Teehee Mr. Muto's hearing voices in his head. (Sugoroku-san)
    Mr. Muto: The little voice in my head told me to do it!
    Me: The little voice in your head's a pervert...
  • This is so sad!

my comment on this final journey episode:

I'm very upset that this is final journey that atem is about to do. althought, only the final four episodes left..! I'm very wonder to see if yugi is almost ready to be on his own.

Now, since they're back on the present day and they met great friends and they knew that their family's task has been completed.

Seto reunited with his brother once again.

rest of the gangs went on the boat and tea starting to having her feeling for atem as I suspects. I witness many of things has happening since atem show up and becomes friends with tritian and tea and Joey.

Joey starts to thinking of what's gonna happening next and his friends thought that he is upset that yugi decides to challenge atem, but he knew that it's only way for yugi to defeat atem, so atem can finally be at the spirit world!

Soon as yugi begins to choose his cards for the final duel match, so do atem. They weren't looking at cards at all..they weren't allowed to.

Now, I'm very sad to see atem go! I wish he could stay in the present century with his friends!

Hope I will get to see atem go in the near future!

this episode deserve to be 10.0! That is all for now.
  • very good episode!!!!! cameo apperenences by lots of past characters, like pegasus, rex, weevil, vallan, mai.

a very special and memorable episode!! this is one episode in all of yu gi oh history that no one will ever forget. yugi prepares his deck to battle king ateum for one final battle. yami yugi then prepares his deck in hopes of losing so he can go back to his land to finally rest in peace, but that wont stop him from making it a true duel for yugi. yami yu gi plans on using all three egyption god cards. obelisk, slifer, and ra.there are only 4 episodes left, and they will be worth watching. yu gi oh gx sucks by the way.
  • Great episode. Also funny.☻ ☺

I ♥ love this episode. It is very funny. It is the episode before yugi and Atem have to duel. It kinda sets up the plot for that. They also kinda talk about the Atem/Tea pairing. They show pretty much every duelist that the pharaoh faced. A lot of people are confused because there was a roumer going around that whoever won would get the body, or something else like the pharaoh looses then he goes away for ever, an if he wins then he gets to stay with them, and that one is true. But a lot of people are confiused with that, and this episode tells you what you need to know.

--Brittles
  • "The Final Journey" was a brilliant episode that truly marks the beginning of the end.

7.6
    Upon returning from the Memory World, Ishisu tells Yugi and Atem that there is one last task they need to accomplish. The only way that Atem can return to his home world is if he learns how to accept defeat. After several memory pulling, almost tear jerking cameos, everyone starts to challenge Atem to a duel, but Yugi knows that there's only one person worthy enough to duel him - him! If Yugi wins against Atem, then he knows that he will be ready to separate and go out on his own.

This episode was truly one of the best episodes yet. Amazingly well acted (for a cartoon). Especially a touching scene with Te`a when she finally realised her true feelings for the Pharaoh. I really felt the bond between Yugi and Atem - this episode is a must-see for every Yu-gi-oh! anime fan.