Yu-Gi-Oh!

Village of Vengeance (3)

Aired Saturday 11:30 AM Jan 21, 2006 on The WB

• Turning point!

Again, WB screwed it up with more Shadow Realm nonsense, making it even more confusing since Zork has taken control of everyone presumed evil in the game, and yet Yami continues to call him Bakura without correction. I feel like I lost a friend when Thief Bakura was released nd then sacrificed by Zork! I hate Zork! Vive Kul Elna!
  • THIS REVIEW IS FOR THE EPISODE "TOMB OF THE NAMELESS PHARAOH" sorry I must have posted it in the wrong spot. Tomb of the Nameless Pharaoh is the beginning of what the whole series has been heading towards.

This review is for the episode "Tomb of the Nameless Pharaoh."

I have been waiting a long time for an episode like this. What makes this episode great is that unlocking Yami Yugi's past is what the series has hinted at since season 2. This episode is finally telling us that the long wait is nearly over. Personally, I liked this episode because it told us where and how Grandpa Moto got the Millenium puzzle. It had an Indiana Jones kind of a feel to it (and to those who disagree I advise watching it again). Seeing Yami Yugi in the Egyptian Pharaoh wardrobe got me really excited. Rex and Weevil were the last two I expected to show up in this episode so that was a surprise. They are still up to their little game of stealing the Egyptian god cards. However, what made my mouth drop was when they opened the bag to find, not the god cards, but the Millenium items that Marik and Ishizu had given to Yugi. Then with Yami Bakura showing up at the end to regain the Millenium Ring, I can't wait for the next episode. And, ah, another cliffhanger; but, it works well in this one and doesn't undermine the importance of Grandpa's story.
  • This episode is about Yugi Grandpa story on how he found the Millennium puzzle

Mr. Muto tells his grandson the story of how he received the Millennium puzzle. During the night, Rex and Weevil break into Yugi's room and steal his duffle bag to get the three Egyptian cards. Yugi wakes up from the noise and chases them out into the street. They're surprised to find the Millennium Items inside the bag. When Yugi finally catches up with them, he's face-to-face with Yami Bakura, in his pajamas, during a thunderstorm.