Yu Yu Hakusho Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

So I finally finished the show....*spoilers*

AfterImage34

[21]Jul 26, 2008
    • level: 10
    Sure, I'm pretty bored anyway...
    :
    While we're still on the subject of moves, the characters are very limited, Kuwabara, Hiei, and Yusuke have basically one attack. Yusuke uses Shotgun like 3 times and forgets about that, Hiei used DotDF on just about every villain, and you already know Kuwabara's deal. It just seemed they should have switched it up a little more and not relied on the ol' Spirit Gun for every fight. Thankfully Kurama had a pretty wide variety in his attack arsenal.
    I disagree with this. I liked the simple method of "A few attacks per character" because most of the attacks fit the characters well anyway. Having a bunch of complicated moves wouldn't make it a good anime, it's how they're used and when. And it seemed to vary depending on the character. Kuwabara seemed to rely on his Aura sword a lot along with his amazing durability. Yusuke usually only used the Rei Gun as a finisher or surprise attack. Hiei really only used the Dragon when he felt that he had to, along with having his other flame attacks. Kurama was a combination of all three of them. It all worked out well, in my opinion.
    :
    Next, I was disappointed the show went the Dragon Ball Z way of strength, by the end of the series everyone and their mother was an S-Class fighter. In the beginning of the show demons of the C class seemed invincible, and when we first heard of the S-class we were told they couldn't even be controlled. I thought they should have reserved that right to a select few.
    I completely agree. It felt like A-Class was completely skipped over and S-class was the only thing that mattered in the last arc. The reason for this was actually, believe it or not, because the creator wanted to stop writing Yu Yu Hakusho chapters towards the end of the Chapter Black arc.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

talonmalon333

[22]Jul 26, 2008
    • level: 27

AfterImage34 wrote:
    I completely agree. It felt like A-Class was completely skipped over and S-class was the only thing that mattered in the last arc. The reason for this was actually, believe it or not, because the creator wanted to stop writing Yu Yu Hakusho chapters towards the end of the Chapter Black arc.

Well S ranks still couldn't be controlled in the end. It may seem that there are so many S ranks now, but if you think about it, we only see a handful of them in the makai tournament. There are possibly around... say... two hundred S rank demons in all of makai. And how many demons are there over all? Probably millions.

Anyway, on topic, the A division wasn't skipped. Almost all of the people were A rank. It's only the stronger people that are S.

fullhans1

[23]Jul 26, 2008
    • level: 4
    I finished the series today. Great series, but the last story arc was too "fast-paced".

AfterImage34

[24]Jul 26, 2008
    • level: 10
    talonmalon333 wrote:

AfterImage34 wrote:

Well S ranks still couldn't be controlled in the end. It may seem that there are so many S ranks now, but if you think about it, we only see a handful of them in the makai tournament. There are possibly around... say... two hundred S rank demons in all of makai. And how many demons are there over all? Probably millions.

Anyway, on topic, the A division wasn't skipped. Almost all of the people were A rank. It's only the stronger people that are S.

I meant they barely showed what A-classes could do. Technically, the only A-classes we see fighting are Hiei, Kurama, and Kuwabara against sensui, and a lot of that fight was actually skipped.

ensatsu-ken

[25]Jul 26, 2008
    • level: 19
    fullhans1 wrote:
    I finished the series today. Great series, but the last story arc was too "fast-paced".

Yeah, but unfortunately, the author was having some issues, and he wanted to stop writing the series, so he unforunately ended up rushing the final arc .

LordMoe

[26]Jul 28, 2008
    • level: 7
    As much as I like the series, Togashi's health comes first of course

Logic_Girlz

[27]Jul 29, 2008
    • level: 11
    LordMoe wrote:
    As much as I like the series, Togashi's health comes first of course

Or the other words, he has an ill?

Logic_Girlz

[28]Jul 29, 2008
    • level: 11
    LordMoe wrote:
    Guys, I think you're missing the point of what lustforlife is saying. He mentioned that the spirit wave was built up so much and then is forgotten. He's not asking for a definition, he already knows that, lol.

Anyway, that was something that bothered me as well. I wanted to see Yusuke use it again. It would probably be devastatingly powerful near the end of the series.

Agree.

Voo_Bopo

[29]Jun 24, 2010
    • level: 9
    lustforlife52 wrote:

I finally finished watching the series front to back and I absolutely loved the show, the ending was great, everything was resolved, no questions left to be answered, it all just pieced together nicely. Although I loved it I thought I'd give a few examples of thinks that irked me a bit.

To start off, I was disappointed that they brought Genkai back the way they did. I have always been a fan, as long as story goes, keeping the dead people dead. It tends to make shows and scenes more epic. I can't count the amount of times I wish people stayed dead in a show like DBZ, I had higher expectations for YYH.

Secondly what happened to the Spirit Wave? Before the DT the move was hyped up as the most powerful, greatest attack, I thought we'd see so much of it, yet Yusuke only uses it once the entire series? After his fight with Jin it's like the Spirit Wave went right out the window, why?

While we're still on the subject of moves, the characters are very limited, Kuwabara, Hiei, and Yusuke have basically one attack. Yusuke uses Shotgun like 3 times and forgets about that, Hiei used DotDF on just about every villain, and you already know Kuwabara's deal. It just seemed they should have switched it up a little more and not relied on the ol' Spirit Gun for every fight. Thankfully Kurama had a pretty wide variety in his attack arsenal.

Next, I was disappointed the show went the Dragon Ball Z way of strength, by the end of the series everyone and their mother was an S-Class fighter. In the beginning of the show demons of the C class seemed invincible, and when we first heard of the S-class we were told they couldn't even be controlled. I thought they should have reserved that right to a select few.

And finally, so many scenes that could have been incredible were somewhat bland. Kurama and Yusuke's demon transformations, were both scenes that just sorta happened. They were big deals that were kind of boring to watch.

In the end I am by no means bashing or putting down a great show, these are just a few things that I noticed while watching. I want to know everyone's opinions.

I kind of see what you mean. But I did like that they brought back Genkai. Maybe not so much at first, but by the third arc I thought it was a good move, as she strengthened the arc. I also prefer that characters have fewer moves, although the Spirit Wave should have been used more. I also completely agree about the power levels. There should have been very few S-class demons.