A Z Nation Community
Friday 10:00 PM on Syfy

It's common knowledge that zombie viruses spread rapidly, but did you know that they've mutated to the point where they can now be transmitted between TV networks to infect even more unsuspecting people? Zombie viruses are freaking smart, man. It's like they've been reading Marketing for Dummies or something. It might be wise to build a massive pillow fort to protect your family from the undead who are just waiting to eat your brains and ruin your lives for no good reason.

But before you do that, you should check out the first teaser trailer for Z Nation, Syfy's upcoming answer to the zombie craze that is sweeping the nation and probably your neighborhood as we speak. Created by former Eureka producer Karl Schaefer and starring starring Lost's Harold Perrineau, Supernatural's DJ Qualls, and Southland's Tom Everett Scott, Z Nation is set three years after a zombie virus wipes out much of the country's population. It follows a team of regular dudes as they transport the only known survivor of the virus from New York to California, where a viral lab is waiting to hopefully create a vaccine from his blood. Here's a first look:

Well, what do you think? 

Z Nation is scheduled to premiere sometime in September.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 12/16/2016

Season 3 : Episode 14

34 Comments
Comments (38)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Shockingly and surprisingly this show looks ok!? Also, since I always complain about The Walking Dead's lack of long-term goals and character development, I'm hoping this show will at least (judging by the trailer) tackle the virus storyline. Looks like I'll be checking out the pilot!
Flag
Finally I see someone else whose problem with The Walking Dead is also that in the long term we seem to be fucked anyway! I keep telling that to people, and they look at me weird. This does look a lot better because there is actual hope of a cure.
Flag
one of the things I like best about twd is the "no hope" feel and its only going to get worse..
but this looks good too, although I will wait 4-5 episodes before making up my mind.
Flag
I'll watch it, but don't think I'll like it nearly as much as The Walking Dead.
Flag
TWD is having some form of competition finally. It is about time. It will keep TWD on their toes to improve themselves.

As for this show, I will give it a try but I highly doubt it will even be close to TWD standards.

Was that a baby zombie at the end of the trailer? Baby zombies? Are we going to far?

Flag
Well it more B movie looking than Walking Dead. I shall watch the first episode.
Flag
This looks like a cheap Walking Dead ripoff.
Flag
I'll give it a go, why not..... I watched a episode of "Work It" and I didn't fall into a coma, so I'm sure I can survive this.
Flag
Am i the only one who thinks that z (stupid name copy from world world z) has potentionals. Small 2 or 3 seasons from 13 episode each could be a pleasant drive. Will Smith sorry i meant Harold is a good actor. Just keep outside the box love stories, too many characters, children and focus on surviving.
Ps I d like too see though an original story. I m tired by zombies, vampiries and superpowers. I need another Lost (only the first 3 seasons) or Battlestar galactica (best example how to turn an old series to a GREAT series)
Flag
It does indeed look pretty bad, and by that I don't mean 'badass', just bad. Especially the baby zombie thing -- one of the things that completely ruined an already not so great remake of Dawn of the Dead (2004). Still, like I said, I'll tune in -- you just can't beat zombies!
Flag
This actually look pretty awful. Not that I expected much from a syfy show.
Flag
Even the bad, 'road trip' style zombie show/movies are good. I LOVE this genre, because even on low budgets, this type of show can entertain me. Somethings I think even the low budget ones are better than the big budgets because of the sheer comedy value. cant wait.
Flag
TWD all over again?
Flag
As long as it doesn't have kid actors in it to ruin it, i'm in!!

Thanks for NOTHING KaaarrRRRRRrL.
Flag
Couldn't agree more, I HATE kids ruining shows, vomit. Why is Karl still alive FFS?!?!?!
Flag
At least this one has a bit of a different hook to it. A possible cure. An actual survivor that could lead to a vaccine. Not saying it's going to be great or anything but I'll give it look.
Flag
This looks absolutely terrible and not in the good way.
Flag
This show might be the funny version of the The Walking Dead. I will watch it.
Flag
I'll watch it, but it looks crap. Anything is better than another Lawyer, Cop, Doctor, Teen drama.
Flag
Whoa fast zombies yes.

and i like that it doesnt seem to take itself seriously like the walking dead.
Flag
Maybe this one will be more to the liking of The Walking Dead haters,then again,they'll probably bitch about this one too.As for me,preview looks so-so but I'll give it a go,if it doesn't connect with me,it's not a big deal,it's not like I don't have another zombie show to watch.
Flag
doesn't look that good, but I'll probably watch it.. even if it's basically Zombieland and The Walking Dead's season 4.5 plot mixed together.
Flag
ill definetley be checking it out.... but it doesnt look that great
Flag
I'll try it & just go from there. For almost a decade now, this channel has had alot of things that looked interesting to me, but have really only had 4 shows total that have actually been interesting enough for me to become a fan, so I've learned not to expect great things from it
Flag
Just curious, what are the four shows? I am thinking BSG might be one.
Flag
Yep BSG was one, Eureka was another, Being Human & Caprica...Oh, & now that I think of it, there was a 5th: SGU. Yeah, I liked that one too
Flag
Not bad... not good either... can go both ways fast.
Flag
Here baby baby...lol...
Flag
All these years later, he's still looking for a kid....

Now I want a crossover....

"Carl!"
"Walt!"
"Carl!"
"Walt!"
Flag
Eh. I liked the zombie baby in Dawn of the Dead, but now I'm like "meh. why is there anything left of it? It should've been a zombie snack."
Flag
Sigh Fy.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members