Zatch Bell!

YTV (ended 2008)

Rtkat3

Zatch Bell! Fan Reviews (229)

• zatch bell is my one of the fav show

i want to review u that zatchbell is my fav so i want to inform u that put this show again i sonictv

• One of the best animes I had watched

Hopefully they show it back on Toonami because I want to see it again
  • this is about zatch bell and were u can find it

zatch bell is located on animeboy.org but its in chinese or japanese good news is its in subtitles
  • This is really an anime??? Really???

1.8
    Such a stupid show. The story is some lame Jump-shonen beat the villain routine. The characters are riduculous. I guess it's the first time I actually annoyed by the character design. The characters have no depth but their designs are just riduculous. I mean what's the deal with that little horse???? And the duck boy??? What's the age of the intended audience for this show? The graphics is as good as DBZ, which is crapatacular. And the OP. I only watched the English one but the OP really really really sucks. Such a stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid show. There 100 words.
  • Wow, what a great show!!

A little pokemonish, but its okay, when I first saw this I thought it was going to be a corny anime show, but its actually an pretty awesome show, not as good avatar though. I going to add this show to my favs!!

j j j j j j j j j j
  • It was soooooo cool!!!!!!!!!

they sould bring it back and finish it in englsh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I read the manga too and now i what to watch it. to see it in color. they sould put the movies in english if they haven't already. every one who didn't read the manga got lost about when they stoped. the only only im lost about is the last episode its all wrong they put 12 mouth full of zatch's battle in one day, why? and the demons in the manga that went home are still there. and zeon when he lost was nice to zatch, telling to win the battle of king, not mean. and at the end of the the last who won zatch or brago, they stop right at the start of the battle. well everything besides that it a great show and should be brang back.
  • This show is AWESOME!!!!

This show was very good but to bad the show got cancelled. Hope they can make more but in Englished dubbed. My favorite mamodo was of course Zatch Bell! All of the mamodo fights were awesome! The spells that Zatch had were lightning. Lightning is my favorite element so that's why he's my favorite. My favorite arc was the faudo and the fight which was Zatch vs. Zeno it should have been longer like the manga one was was still awesome. To bad the writer broke his wrist so the anime couldn't go on to the Clear Note fight. Overall this show was the bomb!!
  • What happened to it??

Even though I hadn't watched any of the beginning episodes, and I didn't really know what was going on, I still watched it. I got kinda hooked on it. Just when I started getting the hang of what was going on, they stopped showing it. I haven't seen it in FOREVER! I heard it was on Toonami (sp?) or something, but I'm not sure. Why would they cancell such an interesting show? They need to bring it back! If they do, I won't remember anything, heck, I don't now, but I will watch it. All the fans out there NEED to see it!!
  • 100 Demons came upon earth to hold the ultimate battle to decide the ruler of their world.

This anime was memorable one. Each demon(or mammodo) and his own book (each one was a different color)and each had his or her own ability (zatch and zeno controlled lightning, kanchome could shape-shift, penny controlled water, etc) So you always look forwarded to the next spell or character.

The plot is simple, which is good. I can't give it a perfect score because of two reasons: The English dub dubbed it down way to much.
    and second, it's canceled about 3/4 of the way through the series so it made me drift from it.

if you could find it somewhere in stores or online I recommend watching it. It's worth it.
  • My initial reaction upon channel surfing, landing on Cartoon Network, and seeing a little pink-haired girl change from a human to a weird demon-thing.

It's a clever show. I like it, and I think that the anime adaptation is just as good as the manga. Zatch Bell is funny, but it also has some hidden lessons in some of the episodes. Zatch Bell's plot is also pretty clever-100 mamodos sent to battle each other, and the winner becomes the king of the mamodo world. The action sometimes, though, seems held back a bit-as if trying to keep kid-friendly for younger viewers. There's nothing wrong with that, but older viewers, like teenagers, may be turned off by this. The humor in it, also, can be somewhat childish. Sometimes I've raised my eyebrows and thought, "WOW. Zatch Bell's cool and all, but this is kind of stupid..."
  • A wicked anime that's easy to follow.

Every 1000 years, 100 mamodos, yada, yada, yada. You probably already know what it's about (if not, check out the summary above), so I'll simply state my opinion. Pros:

-spell books/partners are a pretty cool idea
    -the animation is quite enjoyable
    -the plot is good, too
    -excellent battles; they never get old!
    -characters are cute, yet strong, and well written
    -drama's fine
    -barely any romance (meaning it usually focuses on the plot...it pleases me...)
    -Zatch's innocence is humourous Cons:

-a little bit too childish
    -too much crying
    -in mature humour -Naomi chasing Zatch every time in the park (I mean seriously, the kid wields lightning. He needs to put that little brat in her place.)
    -the fillers make slim to no sense
    -Dr.Riddles (really, STFU with the kidding crap!)
    -sometimes, it gets really, really weird (Faudo???)
    -English voice actors can get REALLY bad
    *Side note: If you haven't seen the original, Japanese version, Gash Bell, I highly suggest it. While seeing "Gash's" private place throughout the series is annoying, he certainly makes up for it with his cute voice and uncut, great scenes. ^^

All together, with its shining points and flaws combined, Zatch Bell is a pretty good show. Violence, spells, action, and slight mystery are a good package. So, I will continue to enjoy ZB as long as my anime days last. =D
  • Every one thousand years, one hundred mamodos (demons) descend upon earth to conduct the ultimate battle. The winning mamodo becomes the mighty king of the mamodo world. There is only one problem - in order for the mamodo to use their powerful spellbook

Kiyo is a brilliant but aloof 14-year-old boy in junior high school. While exploring a rainforest in England, Kiyo's archaeologist father discovers Zatch, an unconscious mamodo child. He sends the goodhearted and mysterious Zatch to be his son's mentor. Zatch has amnesia; he does not have any idea that he is indeed a powerful mamodo! It is up to Kiyo and Zatch to discover this together.

The unsuspecting Zatch and Kiyo must defend themselves against the relentless ambush of mamodo-king wannabees. And unbeknownst to the attackers, Zatch and Kiyo have formed a special bond which enables them to unleash Zatch's incredible powers.

Season 1 Zatch and Kiyo are new to the mamodo battle and they learn that there is a battle every one thousand years and learn that from Sherry and Brago and along the way they face against strong mamodo and also befreind them on there way to becoming the next mamodo king.

Season 2 Milordo Z Zofis creates an army of ancient mamodo from a thousand years ago and Zatch and Kiyo and there friends must travel to the Devolo Ruins in South America planed by Dr. Riddles and beat them all and take down Zofis who is manipulating all those humans and mamodoes and along the way the gang befriends a girl named Laila who is a mamodo from a thousand years ago and her book keeper Albert who she wants to wake up by destroying the moonlight stone. Will they ever defeat Zofis or will he defeat him.
  • Every 1000 years, 100 Momodo demons, appear of earth suddenly, to fight with a human, for the title of 'King' in the demon realm. It's been 1000 and a new batch of momodo children have appeared and on their quest, they fight to become king or queen 4ever

Zatch Bell is a popular anime that is target to many adolescents. As teens are going from kids to adults, Zatch Bell helps them evolve more, because it gives them a further understanding of what a adult should consist of. Zatch bell is a unique Mamodo child, who fights along with his human partner. He struggles to remember his past, but Zatch Bell strives to become king of the demon world and change the rules. Gash has met many other demons and has become friends with them. He came across other demons that fought 1000 years ago. What will happen?
  • A very original humorous anime for all ages.

Probably one of the best Animes out there, it has a very original idea. Not like any other anime I have seen so far. Action packed, a few humorous jokes, and not too much standing there and staring at each other,One thing that bugs me is the endless repetitive flashbacks. "Maybe if our king was a Benevolent king, maybe we wouldn't have to come here and fight in the first place." is probably the one the appears the most often, Over all it is worth watching. The numerous filler episodes can range from either flat out boring to hilarious. I enjoyed this anime from the beginning to end and I watched almost every episode.
  • I thought this show was pretty solid, but to me it's a tad too childish :(.

Personally, I thought this show was pretty good. Unfortunetely, the material did not get thorugh to me too well :(. I thought the humor, and dialog in this show was a tad too childish. Maybe I'm too old for this show. If I was still in Middle School I probably would have really loved this show :). This show is about Kiyo, a smart, obnoxious school boy who on his 14th birthday, recieves a Mamodo as a gift from his father. The Mamodo's name is Zatch Bell. Kiyo, and Zatch fight other Mamodos to save the day, and to one day, become Mamodo King. Overall, pretty good show, but to me a tad too childish, great action, cool characters, ok music. Like I said, if I was younger, I maybe would have given this show a much higher score :).
  • rrr

This was one of my favorite shows are cartoonnetwork. I was very said when they took it of cartoonnetwork. I saw every singal episodes. I still whatch it on tonami jetstearm. I am still whating for them to put it back on cartoonnetwork. This was the only time i could get peace.I think it was one of the best shows on cartoonnetwork. I stop watching cartoonnetwork for a while after that. I loved the whole friendship theme ,the mamodos powers and the battles. I was really mad when i heared canada got it back and we still have to wait a long time to get zatch bell back
  • One hundred mamodo go to Earth every 1,000 years to battle to be the king of the mamodo world. Each mamodo has a parti-caular spells which it can control, attack, and defend with. Each mamodo has a human, and if his or her spell book is bu- rned. bye bye!

Excellent show! Highly Recommended.If you love Action and a fun adventure. Young Zatch releases the true energy inside. I love this show. Many people watch it and i can see why. One Thing i did not find easy was When Zatch Bell went on Hiatus, yea that was the day. Me and the other Zatch Bell fans had to wait so long for it to come on YTV but we finally found out when Tv.com showed us that. Unfortunately, it is not on Toonami at the moment. But I can always catch the latest episodes online which is almost easy. I give this a 9.5 out of 10.
  • great plot, I like all the different styles and powers of the different mamodoes. Sometimes I find myself yelling out the cool spells.

Kiyo a genius and kind of a jerk is sent a gift from his father for his birthday, that gift is zatch bell a kid or so it seems, zatch is really a mamodo a being from another dimention, and they are there to see who is the best mamodo of them all to become king, a contest, and if they're book that comes with the mamodo, burns, then they're out of the game and sent back to the mamodo world. mamodo fight by finding a human partner who can read the spells out of the mamodo's spell book. That's how they fight, each spell does different things and there are a lot of them. Zatch doesn't want to hurt anyone and wants to become king to stop the fighting, zatch wants to be a benovolant king.
  • this show was hard to get into but once you get into it you cant stop watching it. It has a good story.

Zatch bell is a story that was hard to get into but once you get into the story you cant stop watching it. I am so mad that cartoon network cancel this show. I thought it was a good show and they need to bring it back. I was mad because they never finnish showing the season that they were on. This show was cool and a little scary because of dolls using magic. Any way i think that there was a good amount of people that watch this show. Just because the game was no good does not mean that the show was not good. I would love if cartoon network or any ch. out there started to show Zatch bell.
  • One of my favorite shows. Why in the world did they take it off the air!?

This show is pretty much another tournament style of anime, yet pulls it off really well. Even though some episodes can really drag on, there is a lot of great action (which I enjoy) and a bunch of friendship speeches. The show starts off with a pretty simplistic plot at first, but then really picks up as other mamodo teams are revealed and more elements come into play. There are also a lot of variety in the mamodo teams abilities and personalities and there is a lot of good character development. The animation of it is pretty unique, and I've grown to like it (even though it's not always realisitc). I was pretty skeptical about this show at first, since I heard nothing about it, but it has become one of my favorite shows. I like watching the subbed Japanese versions a lot more than the dub, but the dub can be okay at times. Overall, it's a really enjoyable show, whatever flaws it has.
  • Inuyasha and Naruto were close to the top in anime, but Zatch Bell beat them to it.

Zatch Bell is a Japanese anime series that is set in planet Earth, only with fantasy elements. It's about these Mamodo/Demon children coming to earth after 1000 years for a challenge to become king of their world. To do that they must battle each other for it until one spellbook is intact. The mamodo/demons have to look for their human partners first. Kiyo Takamine and Zatch Bell don't like this idea for being a ruler of the mamodo/demon world. So they try to battle so this dosen't happen again. They make a lot of friends on the way to help them.

What is great about this show is that it is beautifully animated. The show is quite cannon to the manga version. Great fantasy action better than any other anime series.

The only thing I didn't like about this show is that Kanchome and Folgore are the worst characters ever.

Overall, this is the best anime ever. Inuyasha and Naruto were nearly there, but Zatch Bell beat them to it.
  • I have no idea what happened to this show but I really liked thai show alot.

Zatch Bell was a great show on Cartoon Network but now you can only see it on Toonami Jetstream. Zatch Bell stopped airing episodes on Cartoon Network since over a year ago was the last episode seen. First a new episode went on and then you had to wait a few weaks before it went on. In Canada it aired a few extra episodes but it stopped airing episodes too and I heard that VIZ Media stopped producing new episodes. Now I barely ever watch Cartoon Network because it had all these great anime's on Saturday's now they cancelled all those shows except Naruto which I really always watch and that is all and there was this really funny show that was called Bobo-bobo-bobobo.
  • good show

Every one thousand years, one hundred mamodos descend upon earth to conduct the ultimate battle. The winning mamodo becomes the mighty king of the mamodo world. There is only one problem - in order for the mamodo to use their powerful spell books, they need a human partner. If his spell book is destroyed, the mamodo disintegrates and returns to the mamodo world.

• Whatever you do do not watch this show in english i'm writing a review on why I hate the english dub.

In the english dub the music is changed and the characters act annoying and the names are changed like Kyomaru to Kyo and Gash to Zatch and Tio to Tia and worst yet it got a better show Yu Yu Hakusho cancelled from toonami and when they brought it back it was early in the morning. I often see people hate this show cause they have only saw the english version but the japanese version is awesome the dub is a disgrace to the entire series. So I rate the original version a 9.0 while the dub I give a 1.0.
  • sigh......

i miss this show so much..its been a whole complete year since they showed a new episode so i doubt that it's coming back anytime soon..... well while the show was still playing, i was a good show. the show is about a young mamodo named zatch bell who lost his memory in the woods. after he fights kolulu, he promises that he will become a kind king. you see, zatch is part of a battle where the last mamodo standing is king of mamodos. zatch didnt know anything about the battle when he lost his memory but after fighting tia and finding out more about the battle, he decides to join in the fight and battle for the crown. this show is about the trials and tribulations he encounters on the way....
  • What happend I waited a year for this show to come back.

This show is really good.But I havent seen it in a year.Its not been on t.v since janurary 20.I dont get it this show has good ratings but why would cartoon network let this show get off air.The show better be back soon or I might protest.So anyways this show is about a guy named kiyo and he finds this kid named zatch.Kiyo finds this spellbook.so whenever he reads a spell zatch does some attack.Its kind of like pokemon alittle.I have the video game for this show zatch bell mamodo fury.I reccommend that people watch this show it cartoon network brings it back.
  • This is how is amazing!

This show is awesome. The thing about the books, that if you burn them the momodos get send back to their native lands. The spells is amazing too. Each momodo has his own speciality that captivates me becaue you never see the same kind of character characteristics again. The fact that zatch has the lightning ability and he is just as good as other momodos because he is the protagonist of the whole show. Tte thing about this is that I don't like that Zatch, the protagonist is from england and that he is blond. That the main character is a person pleasent to see from the outside. Another thing I don't like about this show is that the main thing they focus at is friendship and the show somehow paints the world color pink hiding all of the worlds cruelties, but other than that the show is extraordinary in a unique way.
  • one of a kind

Every one thousand years, one hundred mamodos descend upon earth to conduct the ultimate battle. The winning mamodo becomes the king of the mamodo world. There is only one problem in order for the mamodo to become king the mamodo to use their powerful spell books, they need a human partner. If his spell book is destroyed, the mamodo returns to the mamodo world. While exploring a rainforest in England, Kiyo's archaeologist father discovers Zatch, a mamodo. He sends the goodhearted and mysterious Zatch to be his son's mentor. Zatch does not have any idea that he is indeed a powerful mamodo! It is up to Kiyo and Zatch to discover this together. The unsuspecting Zatch and Kiyo must defend themselves against the relentless ambush of mamodo-king wannabees. THis show shows the friendship between Zatch and Kiyo and thier fight for Zatch to be the next mamodo king.
  • You know who's got the power. I know that this show is real good.

Zatch Bell is a TV show that was on cartoon network-now on Toonami Jetstream. The show is awesome.
    Every 1000 years mamodo who come from the mamodo world come to the human world to team up with human partners and fight. There goal is to be the last one standing and to become the mamodo king(or queen)until the next fight 1000 years later(how long do they live?). Each of them carries a spellbook which only there human partner can read. But when the spellbook burns the mamodo goes back to the mamodo world) The show tells the story of Zatch one of these mamodo whose goal is to become a benevolent king. While the show starts off a little slow at first(randomn encounters with mamodo-did thye all end up in japan or something?-as we learn about are characters pasts and stuff) it soon rapidly speeded up untill it hit the part with the mamdodo from a war 1000 years ago or something.
    The show is awesome and stars Zatch Bell-a young mamodod who doesn't remember his past yet because of learning through others found out he was very weak(now he's very strong). His partner Kiyo-a very bright boy wo started out having no friends and hating school becaus eof the lack of challenge until he met Zatch and gained friends. And also has other mamodo-human partners like Megumi and Tia- a pop star and a tomboyish mamodo girl who has defensive spells, Falgore and Kanchome-a movie star and his shape-shifting crybaby mamodo and many more pairs.
    The show is action=packed, funny and sometimes sad(when a good mamodos book burns). That's all about this show and why it's awesome.
  • COOL SHOW!

this show is AWSOME!!!!! i love the powers and spells in this series i love the action and fighting in this series theres alot of things i love in this series zatch is a cool charcter the PS2 games of this series are cool too. i think everyone who dosent see this show should give it a chance and watch this show every seson it gets better every season i think that this show is great and i hope it dosent get cancelled any time soon this show is interesting and sad at some points the thing i mostly like about this show is that it has great violence i give this show a 10/10
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8