Zero Hour Forums

ABC (ended 2013)

Zero Hour Cancelled by ABC

TesserT

[1]Mar 1, 2013
    • level: 76
    TVLine:

ABC has cancelled Zero Hour after three low-rated outings - no word on when the remaining episodes will air.
    Episode 1x04, originally scheduled for March 7, has been pulled from ABC's schedule.
    Edited on 03/01/2013 7:04pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

OdumC

[2]Mar 1, 2013
    • level: 8
    That's a shame.. I didn't think it was nearly as bad as some of the other new things to come and go within a month.. I expect Cult to get the axe next as watching that seems to be what having a chemical imbalance must be like.

haldrey

[3]Mar 2, 2013
    • level: 22
    Another ABC big mistake. They have to stop evaluating shows after just a couple of episodes!

thatmonkey

[4]Mar 3, 2013
    • level: 10

No question, ABC is quick to cancel shows, but I think this one was headed for the graveyard one way or another. It was a slow starter and a poor play on Davinci code. I will admit that I am curious to see what the true plot was, but at the same time I feel comfortable in saying that the payoff most likely would not have been worth the wait of multiple or even one season.

Hopefully this opens up a great opportunity for better programming.

The_Loc_Nar

[5]Mar 5, 2013
    • level: 3
    I can tell you what the whole plot was going to be, if you would like. I just don't know if I should post it; some folks don't like spoilers. ABC may run this out over the summer or put it out on DVD with all the missing episodes. If anyone would like to know the final and full plotline of the show, please let me know

mcepin3

[6]Mar 6, 2013
    • level: 16

I would like to know plotline,sp please either wrote here or send me message. Or tell me,where I can read it. Thank you in advance.

RizNYC

[7]Mar 7, 2013
    • level: 5
    Yeah post the plot. Why not? It's cancelled? But seriously, unlike Last Resort, which had a very unique concept and made it work, this show was terrible on several levels. The writing was horrendous. Although they tried to make this such a confounding mystery, it was already becoming completely linear (each week a new disciple, a new city and a new clock. Rinse. Repeat. Until the week 13 finale). Edwards' acting was medicore at best and the villain was a total cheese ball stereotype. The FBI was reduced to silliness. They just let Edwards' children work with them? Come on. I can go on, but I'll stop. lol.

The_Loc_Nar

[9]Apr 8, 2013

If you do NOT want to know what happens, STOP READING HERE.

SPOILER ALERT -- SPOILER ALERT -- SPOILER ALERT

***SPOILER***

Edited on 04/29/2013 7:26pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Anguis

[10]Apr 10, 2013
    I havent seen the episodes yet, but after reading that spoiler Im tempted to check it out. It sounds like the protestant cover up theories mixed with "the Omen"...leading into what is the comic "Battle Pope" ... it is sad the series was killed, even if it was a niche slot and not a major pull. Maybe they were expecting "Left Behind" type ratings....

RizNYC

[11]Apr 10, 2013
    • level: 5

The_Loc_Nar wrote:

Thanks for sharing! I was really curious as to where it was all going. So where did Edwards reincarnation fit into this? Especially since he was a nazi?

Either way, there is no way this show could have pulled off such an elaborate story line. The writing was way too poor for it to make any sense. I love this kind of show but the quality was just not here.

Edited on 04/29/2013 7:27pm

The_Loc_Nar

[12]May 1, 2013

Episodes 4 and 5 have aired already in the UK and I have those shows. I posted links to them in this forum but the message disappeared! I do not know why. However, I can repost the links if there is any interest...

The_Loc_Nar

[13]May 9, 2013

Episode 6 ran on Monday. It looks like it is being broadcast on some Spanish network. The same network is also running Hannibal, which is an NBC show. Zero Hour is an ABC show. The shows are all exactly as they will air on ABC this summer. The station ID on the bottom right of the screen says Fox20. The shows I am downloading are all in Hi Def. (I posted links to these shows but the message was removed - NOT by me, though. Not sure why it was removed because I am sure there are those who would like to see those shows early.) Anyhow, if anyone is interested in specific plot info on episodes 4-6, I can post those spoilers, or I can put these shows in an archive and upload them to Rapidshare or Bitcom or other cloud storage site and post the link here. I can say each episode of the series gets better and better!