Zoey 101

Bad Girl

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Nov 13, 2005 on Nickelodeon

• A year...six months...a year and six months.

Dustin falls for the bad girl in 6th grade, Trisha. Naturally, Zoey finds out and freaks out. Since she promised Dustin she wouldn't interfere with his life anymore, she gets Chase to do her dirty work for her. ("And my nightmare begins... now.") Chase tries, but being the lovable idiot he is, makes things worse.

First, Chase talks to Dustin, but only makes him more eager to date Trisha. Zoey makes him try again, but after talking to Trisha, she falls for him instead and even kisses him. Dustin is furious. ("I was just threatened by a topless boy.") Chase finally persuades Zoey to step in.

Zoey doesn't do much better, and as a final desperate attempt, tells Trisha that Chase and her are a couple. (Well, they are, they just don't acknowledge it.) Trisha doesn't believe her. While Zoey thinks she failed, Chase has an idea: they pretend to date so that Trisha will leave Chase alone. Zoey agrees to the plan, and Chase is so happy about it (for obvious reasons) he has to douse himself with water.

Trisha still doesn't believe them, so she makes them kiss. Zoey asks if it is really necessary. (Chase: "Please say yes, please say yes, please say yes... (aloud) she said yes.") Eventually they agree to kiss, but just before they do, Dustin runs into the scene and tackles Chase to the ground. Trisha, impressed, dumps Chase and goes after Dustin again, but Dustin knows better now, and Trisha is left without a boyfriend, and Chase is left without a kiss.

Meanwhile, Quinn invents a spray to rid Micheal and Logan of their skunk stench, but it also disintegrates their clothing, forcing them to run around campus wearing nothing but garbage bags. Wow, Nick.

I'm surprised at how eager Zoey was to go along with Chase's plan. Maybe this is a hint that Zoey does like Chase as more than a friend. I'm bummed that Dustin had to ruin the kiss, but with it, the show would have been over long ago. I'm patient, so I can take all these delays. I'm just happy the prospect of them getting together is even shown.

Side notes: Popular Science's guide to removing skunk smell:
    1 quart 3% H2O2, 1/4 cup baking soda, 1 tsp liquid soap. Secondly, race car drivers should know their physics and chemistry if they want to understand their car.