Zoey 101

Broadcast Views

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Jan 15, 2006 on Nickelodeon

• Chase and Michael have a webcast that becomes popular when Zoey and Logan argue on it.

2.8
    Well, I know most of you Zoey 101 fans won't agree with me, but I think it has to be said. In the episode of Zoey 101 entitled "Broadcast Views", Chase and Michael have a webcast show that other PCA students can tune in to. The show bombs horribly, until the addition of a new installment that involves Zoey and Logan bickering like little children. After the students of PCA view the webcast, they begin to argue incessantly in a manner reminscent of Logan and Zoey's "debates" and cause mass pandemonium. This prompts Dean Rivers to cancel the webcast in order to restore peace to PCA. However, the notion throughout the show is that Dean Rivers is enforcing censorship and is infringing on the students' freedom of speech. This, I believe, is absurd. Because the show was unanimously disrupting the academic studies of PCA, Dean Rivers had no other choice than to abort it. The chaos reached the point that teachers could no longer maintain control over their students. Such a program had to be terminated or else the students would not receive a proper education and parents would complain. This was most certainly not a case of censorship.