Zoey 101 Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Offical Erin Sanders/Quinn Pensky Thread

AndreaMSkate

[61]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 49
    Haha.

Back on topic now...I hope Erin has another chat soon after CZ.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sunnstar7

[62]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 9
    I don't--I'm not allowed in chat so I'm always out of the loop. But if you give me a ten minute warning to get off the Zoey forums and then PM me when you've stopped being all gushyhappy. LOL.

Ladililn

[63]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 8
    sunnstar7 wrote:
    Nah, it's okay. I would have died wondering if people would find out or not by Saturday night (when I get to a TV), so, technically, you just saved my life.

Ha! Well, in that case, you're welcome.

Yeah, I really want to participate in a chat with Erin, 'cause I never have before! I guess I should join her fan club soon...it would probably just be a bunch of us fangirl!squeeing over the awesomeness that will be CZ.

lilhpchick

[64]May 4, 2008
    This was brought up in the Michael Barret thread and I thought that it would be good one to discuss.

Andrea brought up that Quinn's character developed a lot too, but she said she was not sure that it was in a good way.

While I think that she has turned too much into a girly-girl, considering her origanal character, I think that her development has made her a more likeable character. She is not as wierd as she used to be.

Ladililn

[65]May 4, 2008
    lilhpchick wrote:
    This was brought up in the Michael Barret thread and I thought that it would be good one to discuss.

Andrea brought up that Quinn's character developed a lot too, but she said she was not sure that it was in a good way.

While I think that she has turned too much into a girly-girl, considering her origanal character, I think that her development has made her a more likeable character. She is not as wierd as she used to be.

I agree with you about the more likeable part, definitely.

Personally, I think her character development was very realistic. I mean, her character wasn't originally supposed to be as main as it turned out to be, and fringe characters are allowed to be a little more eccentric, so when she became one of the main characters I think the writers felt she had to be mellowed down more into more of a real person. You know, someone still very very smart and stuff but who actually acts more like a teenager...

Also, from a real-life point of view her development was realistic. I know I'VE changed a lot in the last three years, because teenagers do that a lot: they develop and change and test things out and figure out what works and what doesn't, etc. They find their sense of style and their true friends and where they fit in best... Quinn lost some of her quirkiness but she also kept a lot of it. I can see such a radical change happening over time in real life and when it comes down to it, she never lost her innate Quinness.

ollibot284

[66]May 4, 2008

I miss the old quinn

yesm she's the one who's changed the most now she fits in and is like zoey and lola but she was so much better when she was strange and nerdy and did her own things

to quote nicole in the one season 1 episode "I miss her freakish ways"

lilhpchick

[67]May 4, 2008
    Ladililn wrote:
    lilhpchick wrote:

I agree with you about the more likeable part, definitely.

Personally, I think her character development was very realistic. I mean, her character wasn't originally supposed to be as main as it turned out to be, and fringe characters are allowed to be a little more eccentric, so when she became one of the main characters I think the writers felt she had to be mellowed down more into more of a real person. You know, someone still very very smart and stuff but who actually acts more like a teenager...

Also, from a real-life point of view her development was realistic. I know I'VE changed a lot in the last three years, because teenagers do that a lot: they develop and change and test things out and figure out what works and what doesn't, etc. They find their sense of style and their true friends and where they fit in best... Quinn lost some of her quirkiness but she also kept a lot of it. I can see such a radical change happening over time in real life and when it comes down to it, she never lost her innate Quinness.

Very nicely put and I agree with you.

AndreaMSkate

[68]May 4, 2008
    ollibot284 wrote:

I miss the old quinn

yesm she's the one who's changed the most now she fits in and is like zoey and lola but she was so much better when she was strange and nerdy and did her own things

to quote nicole in the one season 1 episode "I miss her freakish ways"

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm glad she is fitting in more easily, but she seems to have lost what really made Quinn, Quinn along the way. She could have become more social and all of that while maintaining her love of science. This turn for the worst mostly occurred in season 4...I was most saddened when in Roller Coaster, she admitted to being bored in Physics class. Physics isn't boring! I took it in high school and enjoyed it thoroughly.

McDuff1016

[69]May 4, 2008
    • level: 26

I hope Erin has another chat soon. I bet she expects there to be a lot of discussion about CZ. Which there of course will be! I keep checking her site to try to see if they updated thee BTS of season 4 with CZ but sadly, not yet.

Quinn in "Rollercoaster" made me sad. It was like watching an older episode of Zoey where the only screen time Quinn gets is for an invention she made.

l-NonToxic-l

[70]May 4, 2008
    Dude. Everyone changes.

In 8th grade, I wore ties and had spiky, short red hair. I was the "punk girl." By junior year, my hair was almost as long as Erin's and brown, and I dressed in all Hollister. (Junior year was my Hollister phase. I'm much more into thrift stores now, lol.)

Was I still the same loud, opinionated, future English major I was in 8th grade, though? Yes. I just changed my style.

I think it's the same for Quinn -- She was an outcast in 8th grade and fit in by 11th. But she's still the same girl.

lilhpchick

[71]May 4, 2008
    Quinn still kept her quirkiness as seen by her explosive spitballs in Chasing Zoey.

It was just not so over the top as it used to be. It made her a more believable character. Her changes were very realistic.

Ladililn

[72]May 4, 2008
    I agree with both posts above me. I have a friend who was basically dressed by her mother until seventh grade. Then she started dressing like Brooke Margolin. In eighth grade she started dressing all in black and all punk-y. This year (the year I met her) her style inspiration is Emma Watson.

So yeah. People change. My friend, for instance, has always been loud and outspoken and smart and all that. Quinn's the same way. She became more realistic of a person, for one, yet she still loves science and everything else.

Ladililn

[73]May 7, 2008
    Okay, double posting, but not about Quinn this time--about Erin!

I just joined her fan club and spent some time looking at her official website and her myspace and stuff. I think it's great how close she is to her fans--closer than any celebrity (minor or otherwise) I've ever heard of. I mean, she and her mother actually talk to and communicate with the fans on nearly a day-to-day basis, and that's amazing.

Yet at the same time, some of it almost makes me a little uncomfortable. It may just be me, but looking through the photos on her website--with the more personal photos I felt like I was going through some stranger's family photo album. Or those youtube videos she's made with her friends (which kind of remind me of Miley Cyrus's youtube thing) with all her friends whom I obviously know nothing about, and just doing things normal teenagers do, but its slightly different, because she's famous. I don't know if I'm making any sense here, but--I like learning about Erin around the other Zoey 101 stars and other stuff, but when it gets more into her personal life I just feel guilty, like I'm invading or something.

But whatever, I doubt I'm making any sense. I can't wait until she has another chat--it'll be the first after CZ and also the first one I will be able to participate in, so yeah! I'm excited.

AndreaMSkate

[74]May 7, 2008
    l-NonToxic-l wrote:
    Dude. Everyone changes.

In 8th grade, I wore ties and had spiky, short red hair. I was the "punk girl." By junior year, my hair was almost as long as Erin's and brown, and I dressed in all Hollister. (Junior year was my Hollister phase. I'm much more into thrift stores now, lol.)

Was I still the same loud, opinionated, future English major I was in 8th grade, though? Yes. I just changed my style.

I think it's the same for Quinn -- She was an outcast in 8th grade and fit in by 11th. But she's still the same girl.

But in my opinion, she's compromising who she was before a little too much, just to fit in. And I don't like that. I don't think her change was entirely for the better. Fitting in is good, and important, but she shouldn't have to change who she is in order to do that. Maybe Quinn purposely set aside her science (to a certain extent anyway), which is something she clearly loved, because she knew she got a hard time from the rest of the gang for it. And if that's the case, I think that's horrible. I'm unusual in many ways, and I never fit in very well at school. I had my set of friends, but I was never "popular." And I'd never set aside anything that I was passionate about or change who I am for the purpose of popularity. To me, that's what I think she did. And I just don't like it. Sure she still had her little gadgets and stuff in season 4...but how often did you see her working on an experiment? For me, I think her character was perfectly balanced in season 3 - she had friends moreso than in seasons 1 and 2, her style of clothing changed and became more trendy, and yet she was still really into doing her own thing. That's the Quinn that I truly loved, and didn't get to see as much of in season 4.

ollibot284

[75]May 8, 2008

I liked her style of clothing back in seasons 1-2 not to mention her braided hair I mean how often do you see girls with braided hair (both in seasons 3-4 & real life).

Quinn has seriously changed during season 3 I mean I was glad when she became zoey and lola's roommate (she deserved people to live with) but she was better when we saw her do these experiments and quinninventions. She's not wierd anymore which doesn't make her quinn. Also I know what it's like to be different I'm an outcast I've never fitted in with the others in my school, I've done my own thing but I still have some friends. Quinn also still had friends when she was wierd which was just fine for her.

At least she still had most of the subplots which was best especially with Dustin. Who would've thought he'd be her prom date?

AndreaMSkate

[76]May 8, 2008
    ollibot284 wrote:

I liked her style of clothing back in seasons 1-2 not to mention her braided hair I mean how often do you see girls with braided hair (both in seasons 3-4 & real life).

Quinn has seriously changed during season 3 I mean I was glad when she became zoey and lola's roommate (she deserved people to live with) but she was better when we saw her do these experiments and quinninventions. She's not wierd anymore which doesn't make her quinn. Also I know what it's like to be different I'm an outcast I've never fitted in with the others in my school, I've done my own thing but I still have some friends. Quinn also still had friends when she was wierd which was just fine for her.

At least she still had most of the subplots which was best especially with Dustin. Who would've thought he'd be her prom date?

Agreed!!!

AangPhantom777

[77]May 8, 2008
    • level: 33
    I know, no one thinks Quinn is weird now!

McDuff1016

[78]May 8, 2008
    • level: 26
    According to Logan in QMTM people do. it's clear with everyone being shocked that they were together in CZ.

AndreaMSkate

[79]May 8, 2008
    Sure, they're SAYING she's still "weird," if that's what you want to call her uniqueness, but she isn't the same as she used to be.

AndreaMSkate

[80]Jun 18, 2008
    Here's Erin in her latest commercial for NatureMade:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni6egH2MWpM

Small role, but very cool nonetheless.