Zoey 101 Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Official Zoey Brooks Discussion

Captain52

[1]May 10, 2008
    • level: 12

Zoey's dad and mom weren't shown much in the whole Zoey 101 story, so I'm trying to figure out what others think about the parents. The only episodes I could think of that showed the parents were Goodbye Zoey? and Zoey 101 pilot(that one only showed the dad.)

Zoey is at PCA and that's where the show's story takes place, in the Pilot Episode it shows the beginning of when Zoey is dropped off at PCA with her brother Dustin and then Zoey runs into Chase.

Obviously I thought maybe Zoey's brother was more liked before the MISTAKE happened in Bad Girl when Dustin...yaddah yaddah yaddah...pushed Chase to the ground...blah blah blah...right before kissing...Bleh! That was really disappointing!

Anyway most of the show showed just Zoey with eventually Chase: them finding true love. It didn't really show much of the family and the closest it usually got was when certain episodes showed Zoey with her brother Dustin! So just something I wanted to point that out!

Okay, so that shows that there were possible outcomes of the family that could have happened that we didn't see...

Optional opinions and thoughts about the following: 1. Zoey's dad 2. Zoey's Brother 3. Zoey's mom 4. all three of the previous ones 5. other Thank you for reading this forum and have a nice day!

Edited on 05/10/2008 1:40pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

secrets710

[2]May 10, 2008
    • level: 21
    Captain52 wrote:

Zoey's dad and mom weren't shown much in the whole Zoey 101 story, so I'm trying to figure out what others think about the parents. The only episodes I could think of that showed the parents were Goodbye Zoey? and Zoey 101 pilot(that one only showed the dad.)

Zoey is at PCA and that's where the show's story takes place, in the Pilot Episode it shows the beginning of when Zoey is dropped off at PCA with her brother Dustin and then Zoey runs into Chase.

Obviously I thought maybe Zoey's brother was more liked before the MISTAKE happened in Bad Girl when Dustin...yaddah yaddah yaddah...pushed Chase to the ground...blah blah blah...right before kissing...Bleh! That was really disappointing!

Anyway most of the show showed just Zoey with eventually Chase: them finding true love. It didn't really show much of the family and the closest it usually got was when certain episodes showed Zoey with her brother Dustin! So just something I wanted to point that out!

Okay, so that shows that there were possible outcomes of the family that could have happened that we didn't see...

Optional opinions and thoughts about the following: 1. Zoey's dad 2. Zoey's Brother 3. Zoey's mom 4. all three of the previous ones 5. other Thank you for reading this forum and have a nice day!

ummmmmm, was that all? cause this can be discussed in a different thread....

hpfreakfan

[3]May 10, 2008
    • level: 9
    Yeah the parents are not in the shows alot but hey does it matter the show is still good

charmed4eva112

[4]May 10, 2008
    • level: 20
    I think we need an official Zoey Brooks/Jamie Lynn Spears thread

secrets710

[5]May 10, 2008
    charmed4eva112 wrote:
    I think we need an official Zoey Brooks/Jamie Lynn Spears thread
    probably just a zoey thread, who knows what will happen when people start talking JLS....i'll make one!

AndreaMSkate

[6]May 10, 2008
    • level: 49
    I'll make this into a ZOEY thread. Not JLS, because that'll encourage pregnancy talk...

secrets710

[7]May 10, 2008
    AndreaMSkate wrote:
    I'll make this into a ZOEY thread. Not JLS, because that'll encourage pregnancy talk...
    exactly what i was thinking.....
    so, i LOVE zoey's key necklace, and all the suff in her dorm room...it's even inspired me to do the same with my dorm and dorm key(when i get one in a few years)

charmed4eva112

[8]May 10, 2008
    secrets710 wrote:
    AndreaMSkate wrote:
    so, i LOVE zoey's key necklace, and all the suff in her dorm room...it's even inspired me to do the same with my dorm and dorm key(when i get one in a few years)

Really? That's cool! When I have a dorm, I'll do that, cause I know I'll lose the key for sure!

BTW, I've noticed something about Zoey. The writer's kind of made her perfect in the show. I mean, she can act, she can dance, she can sing (well, Jamie can anyways), she can sew, she can draw, she's smart enough to tutor people (in season 1 and 2 anyways), she can cook (ribs and stuf), she's a mediator to her roomates (Dana and Nicole) and she has a unique style. I mean, they do tip her off as not perfect (like in Zoey's Tutor) but other than that, she can do a lot. I'm surprised they haven't had her play an instrument yet.

That may be just me, but that's been on my mind for a while

Ladililn

[9]May 10, 2008
    • level: 8
    charmed4eva112 wrote:
    secrets710 wrote:
    AndreaMSkate wrote:

Really? That's cool! When I have a dorm, I'll do that, cause I know I'll lose the key for sure!

BTW, I've noticed something about Zoey. The writer's kind of made her perfect in the show. I mean, she can act, she can dance, she can sing (well, Jamie can anyways), she can sew, she can draw, she's smart enough to tutor people (in season 1 and 2 anyways), she can cook (ribs and stuf), she's a mediator to her roomates (Dana and Nicole) and she has a unique style. I mean, they do tip her off as not perfect (like in Zoey's Tutor) but other than that, she can do a lot. I'm surprised they haven't had her play an instrument yet.

Sad thing is, most college dorm rooms are a heckuva lot smaller than PCA dorm rooms are...

Yeah, Zoey is kind of a Mary-Sue-ish perfect character. It's like, the more main of a character you are, the less eccentric/unique you can be, and the more normal and perfect you are. Or at least it seems that way on Z101. I know Zoey's not perfect, as evidenced by her behavior in a couple episodes, but that's more subtext stuff you have to work out for yourself rather than anything that's stated outright or is in any way obvious.

secrets710

[10]May 10, 2008
    Ladililn wrote:
    charmed4eva112 wrote:
    secrets710 wrote:
    AndreaMSkate wrote:

Sad thing is, most college dorm rooms are a heckuva lot smaller than PCA dorm rooms are...

Yeah, Zoey is kind of a Mary-Sue-ish perfect character. It's like, the more main of a character you are, the less eccentric/unique you can be, and the more normal and perfect you are. Or at least it seems that way on Z101. I know Zoey's not perfect, as evidenced by her behavior in a couple episodes, but that's more subtext stuff you have to work out for yourself rather than anything that's stated outright or is in any way obvious.
    but u have to admit, she has like the perfect life....
    wonderfull boyfriend who loves her so much, he would move across the world to be with her(of course i mean chase!)
    great friends, even quinn
    wonderful family

Captain52

[11]May 10, 2008
    • level: 12

A wise decision AndreaMSkate! We don't need any discussions about pregnancy that's happening to JSL! That's getting into personal matters...

Sooo....what news is going on about Zoey?

secrets710

[12]May 10, 2008
    Captain52 wrote:

A wise decision AndreaMSkate! We don't need any discussions about pregnancy that's happening to JSL! That's getting into personal matters...

nothin really, except that most of the time her life is practically perfect..
    random thoughts and comments:

i LOVE the clothes and such they wear on Z101, i wish i could hire the wardrobe and make up people for my own.....maybe in the future when i'm rich and famous...

AndreaMSkate

[13]May 10, 2008

Ladililn wrote:
    charmed4eva112 wrote:
    secrets710 wrote:
    AndreaMSkate wrote:
    exactly what i was thinking..... so, i LOVE zoey's key necklace, and all the suff in her dorm room...it's even inspired me to do the same with my dorm and dorm key(when i get one in a few years)
    Really? That's cool! When I have a dorm, I'll do that, cause I know I'll lose the key for sure! BTW, I've noticed something about Zoey. The writer's kind of made her perfect in the show. I mean, she can act, she can dance, she can sing (well, Jamie can anyways), she can sew, she can draw, she's smart enough to tutor people (in season 1 and 2 anyways), she can cook (ribs and stuf), she's a mediator to her roomates (Dana and Nicole) and she has a unique style. I mean, they do tip her off as not perfect (like in Zoey's Tutor) but other than that, she can do a lot. I'm surprised they haven't had her play an instrument yet. That may be just me, but that's been on my mind for a while

Very true...

Edited on 05/10/2008 6:32pm

AndreaMSkate

[14]May 10, 2008
    Captain52 wrote:

lol thanks. Glad you agree.

secrets710

[15]May 10, 2008
    AndreaMSkate wrote:

Ladililn wrote:
    charmed4eva112 wrote:
    secrets710 wrote:
    AndreaMSkate wrote:
    exactly what i was thinking..... so, i LOVE zoey's key necklace, and all the suff in her dorm room...it's even inspired me to do the same with my dorm and dorm key(when i get one in a few years)
    Really? That's cool! When I have a dorm, I'll do that, cause I know I'll lose the key for sure! BTW, I've noticed something about Zoey. The writer's kind of made her perfect in the show. I mean, she can act, she can dance, she can sing (well, Jamie can anyways), she can sew, she can draw, she's smart enough to tutor people (in season 1 and 2 anyways), she can cook (ribs and stuf), she's a mediator to her roomates (Dana and Nicole) and she has a unique style. I mean, they do tip her off as not perfect (like in Zoey's Tutor) but other than that, she can do a lot. I'm surprised they haven't had her play an instrument yet. That may be just me, but that's been on my mind for a while

Very true...

i guess that's true, but u can still decorate the walls and such, but sadly no tv(they're banned from the dorm rooms for some stupid reason) and maybe a beanbag chair, plus i WILL need that necklace, or else i'll lose my key in like 2 seconds flat...

AndreaMSkate

[16]May 10, 2008
    ^ Omg at first, I wore my key around my neck! For serious. I was scared of getting locked out!

secrets710

[17]May 10, 2008
    AndreaMSkate wrote:
    ^ Omg at first, I wore my key around my neck! For serious. I was scared of getting locked out!
    i'm going to do that, and probably wear the necklace all the time....but the thing is, i need to find a connecter thingy (to go on the necklace) that can easily connect and diconnect from the key so i dont strangle myself when i try to unlock my door.....or somethin like that........
    does an item like that even exist?

ycc1988

[18]May 10, 2008
    Those PCA dorms are the size of an average apartment, only they don't even have walls inside. From what I've heard, my university has triple dorms, but they're not quite as big. We are allowed TVs though. Cable is not included in the dorms but it is in the apartments.

secrets710

[19]May 10, 2008
    ycc1988 wrote:
    Those PCA dorms are the size of an average apartment, only they don't even have walls inside. From what I've heard, my university has triple dorms, but they're not quite as big. We are allowed TVs though. Cable is not included in the dorms but it is in the apartments.
    i dont know, the school i plan on going to is this performing arts one, so they want us to be more 'creative' and build brain power......but they let us have labtops......which means i have itunes and youtube......

AndreaMSkate

[20]May 10, 2008
    Cable isn't included in our dorms either. My parents are paying for it though. Gotta have my TV.