Zoey 101

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Sep 24, 2006 on Nickelodeon

• Excellent!

• Great Season 3 opener

• good

a new semester starts at PCA. so that means changes. when chase tells zoey that "they need to talk", she wonders what about, and lola and quinn say it's obvious- chase is gonna tell her his true feelings. michael and logan, meanwhile, fight over the single bed in their room.

good episode but i have two problems with it- the way Nicole was writting off was atrocious. Seriously. "Obsessive Male Gender Disorder?" Yea, she was "boy crazy", but that was what was funny about her character. Writing her off was a dumb thing to do. I also disliked Lola and Quinn telling Zoey that Chase loves her. Really? It's HIS Feelings, he should tell her when he wants too. That annoyed me. The rest was quite good though, B-
  • Another semester starts at PCA. Chase has a surprise for Zoey. The surprise is that he has a girlfriend. Michael tells Chase to tell Zoey. Chase is going out with a girl named Rebecca. Chase met Rebecca in the summer. Chase wans to tell Zoey.

Another semester starts at PCA. There are a couple surprises. One is that Nicole has been diagnosed with OMGD (Obsessive Male Gender Disorder) and has been placed in an all girls school. The other surprise is that Chase has a girlfriend. Zoey's new roomates are Lola and Quinn. They are all happy about this. Chase's new girlfriend is Rebecca. He has yet to tell Zoey about this but he wants. He asks Zoey to meet with him later so they can talk. Zoey asks Lola and Quinn what Chase wants to talk about and they both tell her that Chase wants to tell her that he loves her. Zoey doesn't believe them. Zoey finds out that everyone knows Chase loves her. At the end of the episode Zoey goes to find Chase and ask him if she loves him. Zoey walks into Chase's dorm only to find Chase and Rebecca making out on Chase's bed. Zoey is shocked and walks out of the room.
  • Season 3 begins, Nicole is gone, Quinn will be Zoey and Lola's roomate, Chase has a girlfriend. BORING!

What a stupid, crap and downright annoying episode. i am so ANNOYED! First of Dana leaves after Season 1 but they've gone too far when Nicole left, this show has gone so downhill since she left, this episode was unimpressive, i don't really feel like watching it anymore, i can't stand it that they think this show can survive without Alexa Nikolas. She was one of the only interesting character on the show, i think they need to seriously rethink writing her off. When they got rid of her they lost me as a big fan, the only character left that i like now is Lola or Michael.

Sorry Zoey 101 but this episode is a pile of crap.
  • Zoey really "liked" Chase.

You could have seen her face. Look at it, when she opened the door seeing Chase and Rebecca kissing off lips. Come on, just LOOK! She really liked Chase, she really wanted him. Wow, Rebecca sounded so mean. But that's how villains are right, and really good acting.

But I'm telling you, Zoey really "liked" Chase. But I felt so sad when Chase said "Zoey, this is my GIRLFRIEND, Rebecca". Wow, and Im happy Chase stood up again for himself and stopped Rebecca's ways forever. Yea, he stopped her evil ways. This is a great season 3 premiere. I give it a 9.2 out of 10.
  • Season 3 premiere.

This episode, "Surprise," is the Season 3 premiere of Zoey 101, and it could have been better if you ask me.

I mean, there was laughs, and I laughed when ZOey said she was a lifeguard and said all those bad things that happened. It wasn't hilarious, just funny.

Run-on episode. Isn't this episode the first of the series? The first run-=on episode? I think it is. And, like I said before, it could've been done better. Not the best Season premiere for Zoey 101, in my opinion.

This was a review by AangPhantom, giving this episode a 9 out of 10. Thanks for reading!
  • the whole gang is back for a new school year...logan and michael are fighting to see who gets the single bed...and chase has a big surprise to tell zoey...also, lola and quinn are trying to convince zoey that chase is in love with her

i loved the whole ep...i saw chase walking up w/ another girl but that was never really mentioned or nothing was said until the end...so i wasnt sure what all that was about...i loved logan and michael...they were acting absolutely so ridiculous...finally someone had a sensible way for them to figure out who gets the single bed...i mean that was just stupid lol...then zoey and chase had some great moments and they were at their famous fountain yay...i love the fountain...it ended so horribly...she walks in on chase kissing his girlfriend in his room...honestly she had no business walking in on him he could have been doing something else or whatever but i was upset at her for walking in and i was even more upset on what she walked in on...and she was jealous at first too lol..this was really the first show that shocked me...and its so funny they played this ep the day after the new 1 where she found out for real that chase loved her
  • Shocker. Chase gets his second kiss of the show, but it's still not with Zoey.

In the opening scene, we see Chase arriving on campus with this mystery girl with him. Most of us probably wouldn't have suspected anything at this stage, but boy should we have. The PCA tour is cut short though when Chase has to break up a fight between Micheal and Logan. It turns out they were fighting over the single bed. Chase suggests a race, and they all agree. Chase decides he could use a head start and pushes Micheal and Logan over.

This leads to an amazing scene with Micheal and Logan chasing Chase all over campus. Chase runs into Zoey, which results in one of his famous annual spills. He has no time to chat, however, as he quickly gets back up only to be knocked down again by Micheal and Logan who overtake him.

Zoey arrives at Room 101 and Lola is there. Lola says she got there extra early to beat Nicole to the top bunk, but Zoey says Nicole won't be back until she gets over her Obsessive Male Gender Disorder (OMGD, a cleverly crafted acronym). They miss her, but only until two girls pop their head in the doorway to announce the new Blix machine in the lounge.

We get more of Chase's epic quest for the single bed as he shows up in the wrong hall. Quinn gets assigned to room 36D (too much info) by mistake, so she'll be rooming with Zoey and Lola.

An exhausted Chase finally arrives at Room 148 to find Micheal and Logan fighting. Since the contest was inconclusive, Chase suggests a tiebreaker, and Micheal and Logan set out to do so, still fighting. Micheal asks Chase "Did you tell Zoey yet?" and Chase says not yet just before the fight with Logan resumes. We assume Chase is about to finally tell Zoey he loves her. Think again.

Chase shows up at 101 and asks if he could talk to Zoey in private, but Zoey tells him to come back later. Like the rest of us, Lola and Quinn are convinced Chase is finally going to tell Zoey he loves her (cranium over tarsals) and tell Zoey so, but Zoey doesn't believe it, and is offended.

Micheal and Logan start a chili eating contest. Meanwhile, Zoey and Chase are sharing a cute scene by the fountain. Chase is about to tell Zoey something, and we all assume what, but the moment is ruined when Micheal and Logan run into the scene and dunk their heads in the fountain. Since it was a tie again, Chase suggests boxing and Micheal and Logan set off to box.

Zoey and Chase's conversation shifts to bad roommates, and right on cue, Zoey gets an urgent call from Lola. It turns out Lola accidentally let the bees out of Quinn's bee sanctuary. With the help of Coco's ravioli, the bees finally leave. Meanwhile, Micheal finally wins the single bed.

Lola and Quinn bug Zoey on Chase, and Zoey reiterates her stance that Chase and her are just friends. In fact, Zoey is so fed up she decided to get the final word from Chase himself. This leads to an amazing tracking shot where Zoey plows her way over to 148 Maxwell Hall. She is so bent on confronting Chase, she is completely oblivious to the world around her.

Now for the epynomous (giving something its title) surprise. Zoey barges in only to find Chase making out with the girl from the opening scene. Chase explains that the girl, Rebbecca, is his girlfriend. Both Zoey and Chase look hurt as we fade into the end credits, where we are given a special end song to reflect the special ending.

The writers did an amazing job edging us on in this episode, only to throw in a huge plot twist at the end. Hang on for the ride, because there are still 3 dozen episodes to go from here.
  • Okay pilot of the season!

Zoey is going to PCA for 3 years. That's her 3rd years to come to PCA. Chase walk with a girl. I thought it was his cousin or something. That's so weird when Quinn will with Zoey and Lola for roommate. Chase enter Zoey's dorm room and wants to tell her something like privately so Lola and Quinn won't heard what they are talking about. Also, Lola and Quinn thinks Chase will tell that he is in love with Zoey. I'm surprising that Lola and Quinn tells Zoey that Chase is in love with her. At the end Zoey's find out that Chase has a girlfriend. I thought this episode Chase will tell Zoey that he loves her, but it is not! Oh well.In this episode, another year begins for PCA students. Nicole has left PCA, so Zoey and Lola have a new roommate. And Logan, Chase and Michael fight over the single bed. Meanwhile, Chase wants to talk to Zoey in private but doesnt get a chance too. Quinn and Lola think he is going to tell Zoey how he really feels about her. It turns out Lola and Quinn are wrong and Zoey gets a little surprise. This was good season 3 opener. I like how there was a little cliffhanger at the end. Although I didn't like Chase's surprise for Zoey. I loves this episode!! WOW! Chase looks so hot and cute. Chase also looks more neatly and bit older. His hair looks great! I love Chase's styles! I am so impressed by his stuff lot! In the ending of this episode, Chase had a girlfriend from Chase's hometown. Zoey became very very upset that Chase have a girlfriend, I means Zoey and Chase became very Tight best friends for two years. They dont used to get own girlfriend or boyfriend either. Zoey should knock the door before enter the boys room. I means what if boys are changing clothes? You will never know, lol!
  • This episode was so awesome, but it kind of sad a little bit.

• Season 3 is begin.

Okay, it is third years of PCA for Zoey and everything. I thought Chase's sister is going to PCA too. But is not! I'm kind of mad that Lola and Quinn tell Zoey that Chase loves her. One thing problem Zoey does not believe what they said! Well, they still said again, again and they won't stop it. Zoey getting mad and she are going to Chase's dorm room. Uh-oh Zoey saw Chase kissing with other girl named Rebecca. I thought this episode that Chase will tell Zoey that he love her! Now, I'm even getting mad. Well, I'm so sad that Chase has a girlfriend. Who cares? Chase dumps his girlfriend already in the 2nd episodes. Plus, I will never forgot about that because it was so sad!
  • Good episode.

This is a good episode. It was a great way to start of the season. Chase was really weird though. I liked the Logan and Michael scenes where they were fighting for the single bed. Michael got it! Hooray for Michael! Over all this was a very good episode. Unfortunately, Nicole is gone. That kind of sucks, because she was a really fun character. May be she'll come back. Who knows? And Lola looks a lot better with her hair down instead of in one of those weird hair tyles she usually has it in. Over all, great episode.

Zoey 101 Rox!
  • I can not believe Nicole is gone.

Nicole was my favourite character and now she is gone, all because Jamie Lynn Spears and her had a fight I can not believe it.
    The episode was good I didn't understand it but it was good. I like Zoey 101 but I prefer other Nickelodeon shows like Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide or Unfabulous.
    The writers are trying to make Zoe and Chase, Ross and Rachel but I think they can not do it.
    Zoey 101 is a good show but I don't think it is the best. However, this beggining of the season episodes are really cool.
    I hope Nicole is back for season four or this season maybe.
  • Very good

The fact that Zoey is back for another term at PCA is what makes me so excited. But being a twelve year old girl, it is bound to. The episode was extremely good for a season starter. This is why I watch Zoey 101. It was a very special episode, because Zoey gets jealous of Chase's girlfriend! Chase tries to tell Zoey something important, before she walks in on his secret. Logan and Matthew are fighting over the single bed (Dustin tosses a coin for them in the end). Coco puts Quinn in a dorm that does not exist, so she ends up bunking with Zoey and Lola. Lola has to cope with the fact that Nicole has had an obsession with boys, so has gone to an all-girls school!

A very good episode...
  • First episode of season 3, not bad, not bad at all.

Okay so at the beggining Zoey and Lola find that they have a new roommate, Quinn. Also, Lola and Quinn think that Chase is going to tell Zoey that he likes her. While this is happening Michael and Logan are arguing over who gets the single bed. They start boxing, and then Zoey's brother comes in and flips a coin so Logan gets it. He gets punched over. Now this girl comes into the girls room with some maccoroni and a herd of Quinn's bees comes and attacks her. This part was funny. Ok, the whole suprise thing is that while we thought that Chase liked Zoey, he got a girlfriend. So there, thats my review.
  • Wow! I never expected this happening.

The episode startedoff with Chase and this girl I thought t was his sister. Boy was I wrong. So he sees Michael and Logan fighting so he does his thig and tricks them to try to get a head start to the dorm but he ends up in the wrong dorm and doesn't get the single bed. Meanwhile the ladies reunite and tell Zoey how Chase is head over heels for her but she doesn't believe them The episode keeps hinting at Chase telling Zoey he like her but when Zoey is sick of everyone saying Chase loves her she decides to fins out for herself and when I least expected it BAM!!! Chase is kissing that girl he came with who was none other than his girlfriend. Great episode!
  • Zoey finds Chase kissing his girlfriend when she is about to ask if he loves her.

I loved the plot twist to this episode. You would have never expected Chase to come back with a girlfriend. Zoey was so surprised. I didn't like the Logan and Michael fight over the bed. Nicole was one of the best characters and its a shame to see her leave. Quinn moving in with Lola and Zoey will obviously cause a lot conflict in the dorms. Some of the PCA campus appears to be new and never seen before. The way they kept putting off the surprise made people want to watch the whole episode. I think the title could have been better.
  • This season seems completelty different from the last ones.

This season seems completelty different from the last ones. Maybe it's because I know too much behind the scenes stuff. Like the fact that Zoey 101 is not being filmed at it's ususal location-Pepperdine University. It looks different. Some of the characters are different. And of course my very favorite character, Nicole Bristow is officially off the show. In the begining the epispode starts with Chase walking with a girl. This proboly confused alot of people. Why would Chase be walking with her? Who is she? Those questions quickly get interupted by the sounds of Michael and Logan in a heated arguement. Chase leaves the girl telling her that he'll see her later. ((Review will be continued later.)))
  • Chase gets a girlfriend

When I watched this episode I was thinking how mean Chase\'s girlfriend was. I cant believe she had the nerve to threaten Zoey about seeing Chase. But luckily Chase realised what was happening and broke up with her. I wish Chase and Zoey would just become a couple already cause they are so cute together.
  • Who would have thought this is the surprise?

At first, I thought the episode would be about Chase and how much he loved Zoey. I actually also thought that when Michael said did you tell Zoey yet and Chase replied not yet, I thought it would be forever until Chase says he loves Zoey. Then came Quinn and Lola telling Zoey that Chase is in love with her and when Chase and Zoey, their conversation got postponed because of the bees, I was very upset. After that, I felt like changing the channel when I heard Zoey say she was going to ask Chase if he likes her. I kept the channel the same and that is when Zoey opened the door. WOW! Now I think that was the surprise. Chase kissing Rebecca. I thought that in the beginning of the episode Rebecca was Chase's cousin or something. I feel so sorry for Zoey and if Zoey weren't so nice(like Dana), she might possibly go out with another boy to give Chase a taste of his own medicine.
  • This was a great way to start the season!

I’ve been watching Zoey 101 since it first came out and this was a huge surprise. Ok, at the beginning of the when I saw Chase with that new girl I had suspicions, but I really thought Chase was going to tell Zoey he loved her! At the end of the episode when Zoey goes to confront Chase, and saw him and his new girlfriend kissing, I felt so bad for her when I saw how surprised/ sad she looked.

But all in all it was a great way to start the new season.

(I was sad to see Nicole go, but with Quinn as their new roommate it should add some more commedy to the show.)
  • This episode ie the third season opener. The main thing is everyone thinks Chase will tell Zoey he loves her, but there is an even bigger surprise at the end.

I really loved this episode. It was so great. Everyone comes back from summer vacation thinking Chase will tell Zoey his true feelings for her. In the meantime Logan and Micheal are competting to see who gets the single bed for the new school year. In the end Micheal gets the single bed this year. The surprising thing about this episode is that Zoey goes to confront Chase about his feeling. When she opens the door she sees Chase kissing his girlfriend Rebecca. When I saw this my mouth dropped open. i couldn't believe that happened. I really felt bad for Zoey, she looked so sad at the end. I think this was a great episode. I can't wait to see what happens next.
  • Wow!

This must be one of the best episodes of Zoey 101 ever! This was a perfect season opening, I couldn't have dremt of a better way to start the season on! It's a new year at PCA, new dorms, new rommies and Chase wants to talk to Zoey - privatly :O :O. Lola and Quinn thinks that Chase is going to tell Zoey that he is in love with her, but Chase had something else to tell her and he didn't even got the chance to tell her so she goes over to the boys room the find out herself wether or not he's in love with her. Soon she'll find out that he didn't want to tell her that he loves her when she walks into the door and sees Chase and his NEW girlfriend Rebecca kissing! The B-Story was good too and very funny:
    Logan and Michael has a little competition to see who is getting the single-bed. The boxing segment was hilarious, I loved how Logan knocked Michael out to end the segment!

I think that the writing of this episode was brilliant. I loved the storylines and I disagree with the poeple who says that Chase is stupid to get a GF and not tell Zoey about his feelings. How fun would it be to watch Zoey 101 if he just tells her and they will be together just like that? I think that this was a better way to go with and it will be more interesting to follow. I'm sure that they will end up together but not now.
  • I can't believe it! Honestly!

I know people are like "OMG Chase you ***** and all but really, he hasn't done the wrong thing. I mean, when a girl realises they have no chance of getting there crush, they move on right? Like in Unfabulous, with Jake/Addie/Randy. Also, people are saying that Chase should have locked the door, but (and I realise zoey was angry) but you'd think she'd atleast knock. But all the same, this is perfect! Zoey should now realise she likes Chase, like in Harry Potter 6: When Harry saw Ginny and Dean kissing, that was when he realised his feelings. And I've heard that Chase's Girlfriend will be a further enhancement on the path to Zoey's and Chase's relationship. Z.B + C.M=2gether 4eva

Don't you agree?
  • Just......WOW

A perfect beginning for the new series. Me and my friend Jon are big fans of this show and we always want big suprises. This is one that is perfect for a seasons beginning. Lola and Quinn think Chase will tell Zoey he loves her. Micheal knows about his girlfriend so he asks if he told Zoey yet but we think hes asking if he told her he loves her. Perfect part. And the whole Micheal Logan thing was funny the whole time. Chase is smart why didn't he think to flip a coin. Maybe he was caught up. One last thing I'm happy that Nicole is gone she was just to annoying. Hopefully Dana comes back. Peace
  • OMG!!!!

this is my all time favorite episode of zoey 101.....i new that chase was going to tell zoey that he had a girlfriend but i mean the way she found out way....OMG........i literally had my mouth open for five minutes after it ended.......that has never and i repeat NEVER happened to me on a kid show..........my mouth would have been open even longer if my friend hadnt called me........she loved it 2.......
  • A witty yet unimpressive show.

5.1
    The third season premire of Zoey 101 is just average. While there are funny moments, (Coco\'s bee mishap) this episode just doesn\'t stand out. In my opinion, the only midly interesting part was the ending with Zoey, Chase, and Rebecca. While this show isn\'t horrific, it just doesn\'t cut it for me. However, I am somewhat impressed that the show was able to survive with Alexa Nikolas (Nicole Bristow). To me, Alexa was one of the only people on Zoey 101 that made it remotely interesting. I just hope that the third season of Zoey 101 will just go uphill from here.
  • If only the writers could bother to think about the show and keep it in character, this show could have so much potential.

It would take me a very long time to write out my opinion of this show, and this episode. I don\'t think it\'s bad, per say, but it\'s not as good as it could be. The thing about a TV show is that you should be able to say that, after watching an episode, you couldn\'t imagine it being done any better. If a TV show is truly great, there shouldn\'t be a single thing you would want to change about it. For this particular show, even this episode, the list of things that could have been done better is ever growing. And for this specific reason, attempting to use the potential that the writers of Zoey 101 ignore, is why I am Hopeless Romantic 86 on fanfiction.net. If you want to see my full opinion of this episode hurry and read my rant titled Oh So Tired. Then check out my version of season three, in it I hope to be satisfying viewers more than the actual writers are, it\'s titled Discovering Us. Thank you for your time in reading this, I truly hope you check out my work,and let me know what you think.
  • Chase comes back this year with his girlfriend, but at the same time; thinks that Zoey knows that he loves her.The real shocker here is that Quinn is Zoey's and Lola's roommate while Nichole is in an all-girl school 4 a while...

Here is why they call it Suprise. Chase thinks that Zoey got the Tech Mate Message, but really dosen\'t know that the Tech Mate was destoryed. Still Zoey is suprised by Chase having a girlfriend. They probably will have another episode where Chase figures out that Zoey really dosen\'t know that and the Tech Mate was destoryed.... But meanwhile Quinn is Zoey\'s and Lola\'s roommate while Nichole is at an all-girl school...... I have read that Nick might have Dana back in season 3; she wasn\'t in season 2 because she was helping Europe..... Thanks for reading this summary; Enjoy :-)
< 1 2