- Well when i was younger i watched days of our lives and y&r with my mom and then for like 4 years i stoped watching soaps with my mom and then in like the summer going into grade 8 i was addicted to days of our lives!!! like i was crazy and then that summer i got into passions which at the time was a fairly new soap and then 2 summers ago i started watching y&r again and then also all my children but i couldnt get into it. But i'm still the hard core days fan that ive always been and ill atch passions once aweek just to get caught up thats all you need from that show anyways hapy soap watching!
- When I was about 3 my mom said she, my sister and I watched All My Children together. I don't really remember that but yea. The first soap I watched on my own, when i was 9 was Port Charles. It was so good=D I wish it was still on...the whole supernatural thing was very cool.
- It was Passions I at the time was in High school and was skipping alot, not a bad child just no point if you have an A to stay for last period. It was geared toward a younger crowd anyway. I was embarrassed to admit that I watched it. Not only for being a guy but I attended an all male school. I came to find out that many of my friends at school watched it. It rocked it the beginning when you never say Alistar's face and the Cranes were more above everyone else Now they are sleeping with the "common people" but I still watch when I can.
- I started watching General Hospital when I was 14. I guess just cause there was nothing else on during the day. I'm 40 and I still watch it-old habits die hard! I used to watch DOOL back then too, until it got boring and I watched Edge of Night until it was cancelled.
- DARK SHADOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The best soap opera ever, no competition. I actually hooked myself...I read about it and it seemed interesting. I finally was able to d/l a few eps and became addicted, now I'm trying to buy all the DVDs.
- I started watching Days of Our Lives, mainly because is the one that my mom watches. I don't watch that one much anymore though, I have moved on and have started watching Young and the Restless and Passions since about 2000.
- I would say Santa Barbara.
But if Brazilian novelas count, then definitely "Baila conmigo" & "Isaura"!
The whole place was shutting down at the moment of the shows airings!!
- I remember watching ATWT, and GH, with my Grandma!
Those were her 'stories', and during the summer, when school was out, I'd watch them with her.
When school started back in the fall, Grandma would tell me if anything big happened.
That was back before the days of VCRs, or TIVO!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
"This is a Ricky Ricardo production!" -- I got a wind of it!
- I started with PASSIONS in 2000, during the time the meteor was heading for Harmony. I watched loyally until 2003, when Beth kidnapped Sheridan. I got so infuriated at seeing her so happy that her plan was working that I just couldn't stand to watch it. I again stopped watching when Sheridan got brainwashed by Alistair. But I've been watching loyally ever since she remembered her love for Luis and that dummy Antonio was killed off.
I branched out to DAYS OF OUR LIVES in 2002, watching loyally when Tony DiMera first came back from the dead and seeing Rex and Cassie's arrival. I stopped when Abe and Lexie were about to get a divorce, but I started again as soon as Hope was kidnapped by Larry Welch. I stopped again when Kate broke up Lucas and Sami with the Brandon thing, but started again because I really liked the potential of Patrick Lockhart and Billie Reed. Right now, them getting together is one of my only two staples to the show. Lucas and Sami are the other one.
I started on GENERAL HOSPITAL in 2003, thanks to a friend's urging, and my loyalty never faltered until about a year and a half later, in 2004. I liked the teen couple of Lucas Jones and Brook Lynn Ashton. But they suddenly split them up to put Brook Lynn with Diego Sanchez (who really stunk back then). That made me too mad to watch, so I didn't. Until Kirsten Storms joined the cast as Maxie Jones back in May of this year. Because she's the only one Diego has chemistry with (he had it with NO ONE before SHE arrived), I want them to get together, not this new guy, Jesse Beaudry.