Forums: Soaps: What Was Your First Soap and Who Got You Hooked?

Wonderland71

[41]Sep 5, 2005
    • level: 1
    "All My Children" was the first soap I ever saw.
    The story I remember was a blonde lady being trapped in a well and her crazy sister pretending to be her. I think the crazy woman was named Janet. She married her sister's fiancé and got pregnant by him. She was a real nutjob -- like talking to her reflection in the mirror.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Yankeebabyfan32

[42]Sep 6, 2005
    • level: 2
    My first Soap was All My Children and my mom was the one who got me hooked on it. She used to watch it all of the time and even bring a portable tv with her on my school trips.She stopped watching it and her other soaps around 10 years ago. I on the other hand try never to miss an episode.

Yankeebabyfan32

[43]Sep 6, 2005
    • level: 2
    Wonderland71 wrote:
    "All My Children" was the first soap I ever saw.
    The story I remember was a blonde lady being trapped in a well and her crazy sister pretending to be her. I think the crazy woman was named Janet. She married her sister's fiancé and got pregnant by him. She was a real nutjob -- like talking to her reflection in the mirror.
    Oh you are talking about Natalie and Janet. The time when Janet came out of the hospital and tried to become her sister in order to get her sister's husband Trevor.

kiwi_twist

[44]Sep 6, 2005
    • level: 3
    I started out with AMC and GH. GH was when Robin & Scorpio were together and I think Sonny had a strip club!?
    AMC was when Ryan Lavery & Gillian were just getting together.. I still watch them both!

bearbear06

[45]Sep 7, 2005
    • level: 4
    the fisrt one i watched was amc, but then i started watching gh and i've been hooked for years. it's the best one!

nefew12

[46]Sep 9, 2005
    • level: 9
    my first soap was days of our lives and i got hooked myself 1 day when i was at home and it was on the channel in the summer of 97 i was too lazy to get up and i watched it and got curious on what happened next. here i am 7 yrs later and still watching it. then i started watching passion and all my children. My mom girlfriend and brother father and my brother's girlfriend got me hooked on young and the restless

nyghtmareinmi

[47]Sep 17, 2005
    In order for you to start watching GH at that time, you would know it was Robin & Stone not Robin & Scorpio. Robert Scorpio was her father. That would mean an incest storyline and GH has never done one of those.

aquarius_girl29

[48]Sep 17, 2005
    Well I started watching GH from my Mom and my Grandma watched it too. and so now me and my sister (Some how) got addicted to it. I started watching it the episode when Courtney lost her baby.

mini2z

[49]Sep 17, 2005
    • level: 41
    I started with GH and it was right before Luke and Laura's wedding. My bestfriend got me watching it and we couldn't wait to get home from shool to watch it! Still watch it today!

Bungler

[50]Sep 28, 2005
    • level: 17
    My first soap was One Life To Live in the late 70s, when Marco Dane was forcing Karen Wolek back into being a hooker. Man was that show good back then. Or at least I remember it as being great at the time. I wish SoapNet or some similar channel would show old soaps like that. I'd also love to see some other halcyon periods in other soaps, like the early 80s for General Hospital. I loved Luke & Laura as much as anybody, but my favorite was Rose and Joe Kelly. Anybody remember from back then, when Rose fell in love with Patch and was hiding him from mobsters in the pantry at Kelly's?

Dreamalee1973

[51]Sep 28, 2005
    • level: 5
    Young and the restless my mother got me hooked shes been watching it since it first aired

Buffylover365

[52]Oct 2, 2005
    • level: 16
    My first soap was "Days of our Lives" back in 1998. I started watching it when they were dealing with the whole plot of Kristen/John/Marlena/Susan and the marriage of Susan and John, with Kristen and Marlena were locked in the secret room.

After that, I was hooked until about 2001, then I got tired of recording it and just stopped watching altogether.

After Christie Clark (Carrie Brady) and Austin Peck (Austin Reed) returned, I got back into watching it. Just not as religiously as I did before.

djpiper

[53]Oct 3, 2005
    • level: 37
    My first soap was the bold and the beautiful , my grandma watched when i was there during a vacation i have been hooked since.

fizzlizzrose

[54]Oct 5, 2005
    My first soap i watched was Neighbours, my mum watches it, and i grew up on it, and still watch it today. Is my favourite soap and the only one i tape if im not in to watch it. Home and away was a second, but that was taken of air in England for about a year, so im so much into that now, but i keep up to date with the storyline.

Javourman

[55]Oct 8, 2005
    young and the restless

redsxxxfan

[56]Oct 8, 2005
    General Hospital - Carly Corinthos and the teens! And lots of other people too! I love almost everyone on that soap XD

Slim8332

[57]Oct 11, 2005
    • level: 6
    My first soap was All My Children!!!! Nobody got me hooked I was flipping through the channels trying to find something to watch and i seen Reggie tryin to get Dani to be his girl so I kept watching and finally he did!!! I'm still hooked to this day!!!!!!!!!! I wish they would show my man Reggie & his girl Dani alot more though!!!!!!

robbie1888

[58]Oct 13, 2005
    • level: 10
    Passions in 1998.(me.)Days since 1993

Gemz0228

[59]Oct 15, 2005
    My first soap was the Guiding Light .. Kim Zimmer is awesome in it ..

jo_d_jo91

[60]Oct 16, 2005
    • level: 9
    All My Children. Bianca was the best character ever! The show is still great though.