Forums: Soaps: What Was Your First Soap and Who Got You Hooked?

xTRINH

[61]Oct 18, 2005
    • level: 49
    spyder games. i saw a hot guy in it & got hooked.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Nikki549

[62]Oct 18, 2005
    • level: 5
    It was either Home and Away or Neighbours I got hooked on them when I was about 10. 9 years later and if I am at hope I still watch them.

tonym5

[63]Oct 19, 2005
    • level: 6
    My Babysitter got me hooked on Another World back in 1974 and I watched it until it's last show in 1999. Started watching Days when I was in high school. Watched Texas. Watched the first two and a half years of Santa Barbara, Loving. Watched Sunset Beach. I started watching All My Children December 2002.

angelgrl_jmr

[64]Oct 20, 2005
    • level: 3
    I've watched soaps since I was a little kid. My mom used to watch them (AMC, One Life, GH, and Days) and I've always loved them.

what_attitude

[65]Oct 25, 2005
    • level: 2
    My first soap was Irish Spring and I got hooked on it from constantly having my mouth washed out with it.

o
    o
    FoU*KIN' Bubbles

txtvjunkie

[66]Oct 27, 2005
    i started watching "as the world turns" with both of my grandmas. and still watch today 25 years later.

SamuraiRaven

[67]Oct 31, 2005
    • level: 10
    I'll have to say GH, bacause my aunt would only allow me to go outside until i have watch all of the anime soaps. But GH is a all time fav.

justa80sgirl76

[68]Nov 1, 2005
    • level: 1
    I grew up with Another World, Days of our Lives and The Young and the Restless in the eighties. I watched with my Mom. That was a great decade for soaps.

friedgoatee

[69]Nov 2, 2005
    • level: 9
    Days of Our Lives. My friend Jessica. I remember that Carrie tried to get Eric to see if Sammy was really crying and hurt, or was just faking it. Eric said that she really felt pain, but Sammy had cut her hand to feel the "pain."

kalyani424

[70]Nov 3, 2005
    • level: 13
    My first soap was GH. Like other teenagers I started watching because I thought Jonathan Jackson was cute. (This was not too long after Liz got raped.) I was 14 at the time and would just catch the last half hour after I got home from school, ignoring any scenes without Lucky. Because the storylines intertwine so much, I found myself having to watch more and more. Now it is eight years later and I tape it every day. I am a hopeless addict.

vicker2006

[71]Nov 5, 2005
    • level: 11
    My first was Home and Away and no one got me hooked I watched it out of curiosity.

animeluver4

[72]Nov 5, 2005
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

KreepiSpicer

[73]Nov 14, 2005
    • level: 4
    Passions, because it was the first soap I saw that had something besides romance in it. A witch. Mom got me hooked, because she watched like every single soap in the world. I started watching when I was like 10 or 11, and I'm 14 now. Now I watch Passions, As the World Turns, Guiding Light, and Days of our Lives(when I'm out of school, such as today).

dayspassions91

[74]Nov 16, 2005
    • level: 6
    My first soap was Days of Our Lives. I started watching in about February of this year, and the only reason I got hooked on it was because I was simply surfing through the channels, and came upon Days on SOAPNet. Coincidentally, the first episode I watched was Days' 10,000th episode, and I've been watching regularly ever since.
    Days is my favorite soap out there today, tied with Passions.

goblz

[75]Nov 16, 2005
    • level: 10
    My first soap was Days of Our Lives. I was 10, and my older sister watched it. I got into it right after Alan raped Sami; Hope had just returned and was going by Gina and no one could figure out if she was Hope or not. (By the way, Patrick Muldoon was a much better Austin!)

LujackLvr

[76]Nov 26, 2005
    • level: 1
    I started watching GUIDING LIGHT in 1981. I was nine at the time and my neighbor used to watch me and my sisters. GL was one of the shows she watched. The best summer ever had to be when we played hooky from camp and we would watch the entire CBS lineup [YOUNG & RESTLESS, AS THE WORLD TURNS, CAPITOL and GUIDING LIGHT] from 12:30-4. Unlimited air conditioning and all the ice cream we could sneak until my mom got home. Later I watched SANTA BARBARA...love Cruz & Eden and Gina & Keith and Scott & Heather. Today, with the aid of two televisions and two VCRs, I watch ALL MY CHILDREN, DAYS OF OUR LIVES and GUIDING LIGHT. I zip through AMC if Vincent Irizarry does not appear [he was and remains my longest-standing and most welcome distraction] and I will drop it from my tape schedule when he leaves the show] and I speed through DAYS when Jack & Jennifer don't show up [when they go, I am gone as well] and Bradley Cole and Robert Newman brighten my day at GUIDING LIGHT. I will watch GL until it is cancelled. [I am nothing if not Pavlovian.] All these shows have eased the pain of my life, and I thank the various actors for healing my soul over the years.

xgeek52

[77]Nov 26, 2005
    • level: 2
    for me it was dark shadows...i would race home from high school to catch an episode...sometimes i got there just as one life to live was ending(it was 30minutes then)...

later it was the abc soap...try getting interested in something when you have over three hours to kill...

PKfan

[78]Nov 27, 2005
    I've been watching (when I'm not in school that is) Days of Our Lives since I was like six or seven years old. My mom used to live for the show, but not so much anymore; however, due to my early exposure, I'm hooked.

Jenner_20

[79]Nov 27, 2005
    • level: 5
    My first one that I got hooked on was Passions when it first started. I heard about it on the bus so one day I decided to see what it was all about. That seems like forever ago and I missed so much I didn't even recognize the characters, literally, when I started to watch it again. Now I am into All my Children.

Lady_Poison

[80]Dec 28, 2005
    Days. My mother and step grandmother were in front of the set everyday, 1pm. It got so addictive that I was ready to kill Oliver North back in the day. I can remember things like Jennifer's birth.

And, by the way, do I see a pattern with mothers and grandmothers here?? My own 10-year-old daughter is now addicted to Days and Passions. What a legacy to pass down! lol