Forums: Soaps: What Was Your First Soap and Who Got You Hooked?

padalecki01

[81]Dec 30, 2005
    • level: 5
    My first soap I think was Passions. Its ratings are going down though andplus It comes on during school so I stopped.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

adrijana_sk

[82]Jan 4, 2006
    • level: 4
    As The World Turns? who can bear the length of the storyline? It lasts forever!

ezelhunter

[83]Jan 11, 2006
    • level: 4
    soap opera in our own country and she drive her role in magnificient way...donita rose!

curlergurl

[84]Jan 25, 2006
    • level: 10
    i watched young and the restless with my mom since i dont know when all my life i've grown up with soaps.

sweetkittytiger

[85]Jan 30, 2006
    • level: 2
    my first show watched was Another World and the reason why I started watching it years ago is because I wanted to learn english and I found that show easy to understand for a beginner (smile)Then it followed with Days of our lives and then now,to add to my list,I watch Passions and DOOL..not bad hey? and I can speak and communicate in english now too...LOL

oth400

[86]Jan 31, 2006
    Passions....it's just great

PTL1954

[87]Feb 5, 2006
    • level: 8
    Mine was Dark Shadows, then since I worked nights and didnt have cable I like All My Children,One Life To Live, General Hospital.

tarajones3

[88]Feb 8, 2006
    • level: 1
    i used to watch eastenders with my gran when i was 7 or 8 that was over 20 years ago and i am still just as hooked, back then there wasn't as many episodes on a week but i can still manage to watch 4 episodes a week and i never get bored!!!!

Astana

[89]Feb 10, 2006
    Ever since I can remember my mom would always watch The Young and the Restles. It just so happened to be on at dinner time so all us kids were stuck watching it. I watched the show right up to the due date of my first child. But I will not put my children through such torture. Like really what if anything does these soaps teach us. That its okay to have multiple partners and multiple marriages. Naa I'm so over soaps now.

fanofD

[90]Feb 10, 2006
    I think that the first soap was AMC(All My Children) cuz my mom watched it when i was younger...she still does, but I watch Passions and DOUL(Days of Our Lives).

thecornishone

[91]Mar 10, 2006
    • level: 3
    I grew up watching Neighbours in the UK, probably because it was on after the lunchtime news and before the evening news. I watched it religiously every afternoon for as long as I could remember, although I stopped watching in mid 2000. Guess I have my parents to thank for watching the BBC News, although my mum would watch the going ons with me more often than not.

lovegreysgeorge

[92]Mar 15, 2006
    • level: 6
    I was an impressionable teen and started watching Days of Our Lives when, jees, the whole who's the father storyline with Hope and then the babies were switched and so on. It was awhile ago. I stopped watching like a year ago and startted watching AMC because that is what my mother watches but I don't follow them a lot because I'm usually in class or at work.

subiedoo

[93]Mar 21, 2006
    My first soap was Days. My mom started watching it when I was in the womb. I was probably the only kid in my kindergarten class that knew who Doug & Julie and Stefano and everyone else in Salem, USA were! Eventually, it branched into Another World, courtesy of my grandmom, and I watched that until its end.
    ~ sue

KFCgravy

[94]Mar 23, 2006
    • level: 38
    AMC was on at 3pm, just when my sister and I would get home from school. My mom had this horrible habbit of asking us how are day was...just when we'd start to answer we'd hear "shhhh, wait until the next commercial". We quickly learned to shut up and watch. That was 1987 & I've been hooked ever since!

Marg_Fan

[95]Mar 24, 2006
    • level: 10
    As The World Turns. Not only because there are lots of hot guys in it, but also because the story's there don't seem to last forever. It's not like it's taking a week for one of the characters to go to someone's house, and then it will take another week to get in the house and talk to someone, like you have with some other soaps. I never get tired of it. I still love it!

Roxanne_cyw

[96]Mar 28, 2006
    • level: 5
    My first Soap that I watched was Days of our Lives.

WOW!!! This is a few years back.
    I remember the Salem Strangler, when the Raven attacked Renee (Stephano's daughter)and many others, Stephano was married to Daphnee, Tony was married to Anna (Roman's first wife, Anna and Roman are the bio-parents of Carrie), Don Craig was married to Marlena, Marlena and her twin sister were in the show, Marie Horton (nun) had a daughter Jessica with Alex, Julie was engaged to Scott (before she married Doug), Eugene was married to Marlena's cousin then married Colliope Jones. Hope was just a little girl, she drew a picture for her grandma/ then a teenager, Bo drove in to Salem on his motorcycle with an attitude (LOL), Maggie's red shoes and her adopting story line with Melissa and their younger daughter which was hit by a car). Anyway... I'll stop now cause I could go on and on...LOL!

The Roman we know now, was Chris K. He was a bartender at Shenanagin's Bar. And Dr. Alex is the real Roman Brady LOL!!!

The person that got me hooked on Days was my nanny. We would watch it together, and we were only allowed to talk during the commercials!! LOL! LOL!

scooby_92

[97]Mar 30, 2006
    • level: 11
    Young and the Restless and it was because of my mom.

deborahfu

[98]Apr 5, 2006
    Young and the Restless, I watched soap with my mother As The World Turn Guiding Light but the first one I got hooked on was Young and the Restless with the Brooks and the Fosters going at each other, and now I watch As The World Turns and Guiding Light.

anightinabox712

[99]Apr 13, 2006
    • level: 23
    General Hospital, and it is the only one i watch. My parents got me hooked. I would watch it with them either when it aired or at night and just got hooked. Havent missed an episode since i started watching it!

Juliet_at_heart

[100]Apr 14, 2006
    • level: 6
    My first Soap Opera that I loved as a little girl was "Dark Shadows". My second soap which aired prior to this show was One Life To Live. I started watching that show soon after.

always,

Juliet