well ive got to say Sunset Beach got me hooked,
with all the betrayal,the love stories and all the Lie's and the odd murder lol andthe mystery's behind all the characters (cant see how anyone couldn't get hooked lol )Edited on 01/19/2008 5:39pm
- well days was on the tv when I was like 3 or 4 when my brother's girlfriend would come home from school and watch it at my house but I really started watching santa barbara when I was in 6th grade when my cousin spent the summer with us and she was hook on it her mom got her hooked and then she got me hook and I watched it from then on.
- firs soap Home and Away!! still my fave soap today! my mom got me into it, apparently when i was a year old i stared dancing to the music at the start and loved it everytime it came on! lol...
1st ever soap I watched consistantly was SANTA BARBARA! I loved Eden and Cruz LOL and would tape it every day while I was at school and watch at night.
But one day I was home sick and had the TV on with my eyes shut when I heard this Australian accent. I immediatley opened my eys and the rest as the say was history. The show was GENERAL HOSPITAL The Character none other then JAX!
What I loved about GH was that here in NZ it was the soap that was the most current storylines. The show was only 1 year behind the US unlike Days and YTR which were at least 6 years behind
JAX & BRENDA are still my all time favourite couple and I followed this show through different timeslots (I even choose it over SB when they were on at the same time on different channels) from 11am to 2pm to 2am! When it eventually stopped here I almost had a nervous breakdown! (OK I exaggerate) I did everything I could to get it back but no luck. Thankfully for me I had some friends at Ingo Rademacher . com and so I managed to get tapes to see their weddings and when Brenda died and came back (although that was a serious disappointment for me)
- I got hooked on AMC when I was a kid because my grandma used to watch it every day. I loved watching Erica Kane, and everyone around her. I remember the days when Sarah Michelle Gellar was Kendall! It was a great show back then, and I loved watching it.
- I think if i remember correctly I saw my first soap opera which was As The World Turns, when i was nine, and i was over at my grandma's for the summer and Luke and Holden, were kidnap, and Lily's twin goes out and finds them and thats all i remember.
- I started watching soaps when I was young. I mean a long long time ago. I am an old timer age wise. I remember I was very young and watching As The World Turns (In Black and white) I was home sick from school on a November day When Walter Cronkite broke into programming telling of the Assissnation of President John F Kennedy. I still watch As The World Turns The Young And The Restless and The Bold And The Beautiful
- The Young and the Restless. I started watching it with my mother when I was very little and I was getting to know what was going to happen next for the citizens of Genoa City. I remember when Nikki was married to Jack, Nick and Sharon first fell in love with each other, the Dru/Neil/Olivia/Malcolm quadrangle, and Kay and Jill were still fighting. Good old times.
The first sopa opera that I remember watching is Days of Our Lives and I would watch it when I would go to my sister's house during summers off from school. I didn't get hooked then, but came back to it years later and remembered a few story lines (Marlena getting buried alive) from tose summers.
The first soap I've ever watched was Soap.
Don't ask me why I watched it, but I liked it.
Then I got hooked on the Australian soap Neighbours, which I still watch on Belgian TV.
I don't remember anymore when I started watching that, but Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan were present.