Forums: Sports: 2009-2010 College Football Season Discussion

HelloStuart

[21]Sep 8, 2009
    • level: 63

KingofIPirates wrote:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4451405 Ohio State continues their latest trend in failures in and off the field.

Here's the real kicker: Jim Tressel supports Pryor's tribute.

Not to be outdone, for next week's game against Eastern Michigan, Dane Sanzenbacher will be wearing a "Free Plaxico" headband.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

fishzone

[22]Sep 8, 2009
    • level: 43
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recap?gid=200909070003
    The Miami Hurricanes prevail over their long time Rivals FSU in an exciting game that went back and forth till the end. While the defense had been struggling all night they stepped up when it mattered most while having a bit of luck at the very end with Jarmon Fortson dropping a ball he nearly caught. Jacory Harris was also huge on offense throwing for 386 yards and two touchdowns despite suffering through a shoulder injury he got during the game.

This game was amazing. Not a real fan of either team, but what a way to close out week one.

KingofIPirates

[23]Sep 9, 2009
    • level: 32
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Here's the real kicker: Jim Tressel supports Pryor's tribute. "there's probably not a more compassionate human being in the world than Terrelle."
    Edited on 09/09/2009 9:18am

KingofIPirates

[24]Sep 12, 2009
    http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/10055792/No.-1-Florida-56,-Troy-6
    After getting off to a rough start in the first quarter Tim Tebow and the Gators offensive unit easily dispatched of the pesky Trojans beating them 56 - 6. The vaunted Gator defense however was dominant throughout giving up only 139 yards. I'm interested to see next week the type of pounding Florida is gonna put on the Tennessee Volunteers especially after all the smack talk and baseless accusations by the one and only Lane Kiffen.
    Edited on 09/12/2009 1:06pm

fishzone

[25]Sep 12, 2009
    FIRE UP CHIPS! Been a CMU fan for a long time, and it's so awesome to see them beat MSU. Now... Go Blue!

tvfanatic91

[26]Sep 12, 2009
    • level: 44
    fishzone wrote:
    FIRE UP CHIPS! Been a CMU fan for a long time, and it's so awesome to see them beat MSU. Now... Go Blue!

And Dan LeFevour took over #1 in the MAC History book for Total Yards.

fishzone

[27]Sep 12, 2009
    indeed, legit 1st day pick next year.

also...

AMAZING GAME.

HelloStuart

[28]Sep 13, 2009
    If anyone cares to know, Indiana State's losing streak now stands at 29 games.

mtjaws

[29]Sep 14, 2009
    • level: 22
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    Florida Gators. Perfect Season; Championship; Heisman.

This is what I hope to see too! The Championship is most important, but the others would be nice too. I think the Gators' toughest games will be at LSU and the Seminoles in November. Florida will get better each week, and I know they'll be ready for every game. Will be fun to watch.

I was mad to see Ohio State lose at home to USC. Buckeyes have choked far too often in big games. But, those two teams might have a rematch in the Rose Bowl.

KingofIPirates

[30]Sep 14, 2009
    mtjaws wrote:

I was mad to see Ohio State lose at home to USC.
    As much I dislike OSU I would've preferred them winning as well if only to quiet the USC fans about being disrespected and left out in title play.
    mtjaws wrote:
    Buckeyes have choked far too often in big games.
    Well... they are the Buckeyes

KingofIPirates

[33]Sep 17, 2009
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recap?gid=200909170011
    The Hurricanes win in impressive fashion taking revenge against Georgia Tech after a four game losing streak, beating them 33 - 17. Harris was spectacular again completing 20 of 25 passes for 270 yards and three touchdowns; defense was remarkable as well ( that face plant at the 1:07 mark was epic). Miami looks like they could be going back to the glory days when they had swagger.
    Edited on 09/19/2009 1:59pm
    Edited 2 total times.

KingofIPirates

[38]Sep 19, 2009
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaaf/recap?gid=200909190067
    Ugh.. An incredibly sloppy game by the Gators: from the turnovers (Tebow interception deep inside Gator territory and fumble within Tennessee ten yard line running for a touchdown), the porous offensive line, to the dropped passes (two for touchdowns), shoddy play-calling( I don't think they attempted a pass deep downfield all day long) and incompetent refs(a plethera of missed calls especially one for excessive celebration which got called on us a few minutes before and a blown intentional grounding call.); what should've been a blowout turned out to be just a lackluster 10 point win. The only salvageable aspect of this week is Washingtons upset win over USC. That ought to shut the Trojan fans up for a while..

Things are looking good for UM if Bradford were to still be out of the upcoming Sooners - Hurricanes Game after the trouncing Florida State gave BYU 54 - 28 which also helping Miami's Strength of Schedule.
    Edited on 09/19/2009 7:58pm

HelloStuart

[39]Sep 19, 2009

I think it's safe to say that Brigham Young is out of BCS contention.

My ISU Redbirds nabbed their first win of the season, a 38-7 spanking of Austin Peay. It looks like our running game is finally getting its act together.

In other MVC news, South Dakota State pummeled Indiana State 41-0, giving the Sycamores their 30th consecutive loss dating back to 2006. That might actually be the longest losing streak in the country.

Edited on 09/19/2009 11:00pm

LSUstinks11

[40]Sep 20, 2009
    • level: 12
    Utah Utes lost to the Oregon Ducks,snapping a 16 game winning streak.Florida won in a sloppy game,and Washington won against USC in possibly the college football upset of the year.