Forums: Sports: 2009-2010 College Football Season Discussion

KingofIPirates

[61]Oct 18, 2009
    • level: 32
    What the foollishness?
    Alabama is ranked # 1 in the AP poll???!!! I must've missed it when the Crimson Tide beat the Gators.. Florida is the only team in the current top ten to have a victory over highest ranked opponent to date (that being #4 LSU),they're also the only top 10 team that has beaten a team currently in the top ten.. absolutely ridiculous... At least the BCS still has it partially right though I can't fathom why they would have the Hurricanes only ranked 10th.
    Edited on 10/18/2009 11:49pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jokipper

[62]Oct 19, 2009
    • level: 50
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    What the foollishness?
    Alabama is ranked # 1 in the AP poll???!!! I must've missed it when the Crimson Tide beat the Gators.. Florida is the only team in the current top ten to have a victory over highest ranked opponent to date (that being #4 LSU),they're also the only top 10 team that has beaten a team currently in the top ten.. absolutely ridiculous... At least the BCS still has it partially right though I can't fathom why they would have the Hurricanes only ranked 10th.

It shouldn't be a surprise. Did Florida play like a #1 team against Arkansas? No, but Alabama did when they thrashed the Hogs 35-7.

KingofIPirates

[64]Oct 19, 2009
    That same token can be put on Alabama as they struggled throughout the game against South Carolina. And if you want to go into points scored against common opponents; Florida beat Kentucky 41 - 7 while Alabama only outscored 38 - 20, Alabama hasn't looked so strong either especially after last week.

fishzone

[65]Oct 20, 2009
    • level: 43
    Alabama is the deserved #1, they play like it every week. Florida has played horribly the last two weeks.

I think the real outrage here is why in the heck is Oklahoma still ranked?
    Edited on 10/20/2009 11:36am

KingofIPirates

[66]Oct 20, 2009
    Well last week they didn't as they were only beating South Carolina 13 - 6 until around the final five minutes of the fourth quarter. They struggled mightily offensively and I believe they had at least four turnovers.

Oklahoma is getting the benefit of the doubt of Bradford being constantly injured in those losses.

Lion4Life

[67]Oct 22, 2009
    • level: 30

Some pics from my trip to last weekends Penn State/Minnesota game

http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r21/L4Cards/_PSU%20Minny%202009/

KingofIPirates

[68]Oct 24, 2009

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recap?gid=200910240011
    The Hurricanes lose a heartbreaker as they get beat by Clemson 40 - 37. The defense lapses really hurt Miami in this one, something they desperately need to improve on in the years to come.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recap?gid=200910240078
    Florida's offense continues to be mind bogglingly fustrating to watch as they all but limped to a 29 - 19 victory over the Mississippi St Bulldogs. The defense was spectacular throughout practically winning the game as they saved the offense from once again another putrid performance. Tebow was especially horrendous in this one as he threw two interceptions that got brought back for touchdowns, the rest of the offense wasn't much better as they once again were held to field goals in the redzone, a problem that has plagued them for much of the season.
    Edited on 10/24/2009 9:07pm

HelloStuart

[69]Oct 25, 2009
    • level: 63
    Indiana State finally won a football game. What the deuce?

fishzone

[70]Oct 25, 2009
    • level: 43
    Bradford to have surgery, enter NFL Draft in April

Bad move in my opinion. He should come back for his Senior season.
    Edited on 10/25/2009 4:54pm

HelloStuart

[71]Oct 25, 2009
    • level: 63

fishzone wrote:
    Bradford to have surgery, enter NFL Draft in April

Bad move in my opinion. He should come back for his Senior season.

He wasn't going to be an immediate starter in the NFL anyway. He's a low-risk, long-term investment to any NFL team that wants him (likely in the second or third round).

Edited on 10/25/2009 6:04pm

KingofIPirates

[73]Oct 31, 2009

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recap?gid=200910310067
    The Gators offensive coordinator finally realized that the Florida Offense "had gotten predictable" and decided to revert back to 2008-2009 form of the true spread offense; this change was clearly evident in the first quarter as Tebow scored two touchdowns ringing up over a hundred yards of offense. They seemed to get conservative again in the second half but the defense managed to step up getting crucial turnovers when they needed to propelling Florida to a 41 - 17 win over the Georgia Bulldogs. Tebow also finally beat Herschell walkers record of 49 rushing touchdowns as he rushed for two in this game.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recap?gid=200910310009
    The Miami Hurricanes escaped one against Wake Forest as they beat them 28 - 27. Both the offense and defense struggled mightily throughout the game but Jacory Harris made some big plays in the final few minutes that gave them the victory.

KingofIPirates

[76]Nov 7, 2009

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recap?gid=200911070011
    The Hurricanes breeze through Virginia as they beat them easily 52 - 17.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recap?gid=200911070067
    The Gators although not impressive on offense still managed to remain in control of their game against the Commodores beating them 27 - 3. Tebow accounted for two of the Gators touchdowns as he was 15 - 20 for 208 yards passing.

KingofIPirates

[77]Nov 14, 2009

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaaf/recap?gid=200911140070
    Floridas defense saved the Gators behinds again after an interception return for 53 yards early in the fourth after a South Carolina methodical drive deep into Florida Territory. The Offense is starting to give me nightmares as they get off to a hot start and then collapse into a flurry of inconsistency with poor decision making by Tebow, crucial dropped passes by the receivers on decisions he does make correctly, and conservative play calling with over 9 minutes to go when we were only up by 10. Offense had at least five possessions where they started with the ball in the opponents territory on account of turnovers and excellent special teams play but every single one of those opportunities were blown.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaaf/recap?gid=200911140006
    Miami loses a tough one against UNC as Jacory Harris has his worst game of the season throwing for 4 touchdowns.

After that shellacking Stanford gave them USC has no business in the top 25.
    Edited on 11/14/2009 4:34pm
    Edited 2 total times.

pudgebyrd722

[78]Nov 14, 2009
    • level: 51
    Texas blew out Baylor, 47-14 in the final game to be played at Floyd Casey Stadium in 2009. I live near Waco, so we'll be getting the Waco Tribune-Herald tomorrow, and in the sports section somewhere, there's going to be some little editorial from a Waco sports critic about how "Once again, road-team fans outnumber Baylor fans at Floyd Casey..."

pudgebyrd722

[79]Nov 14, 2009
    • level: 51
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    After that shellacking Stanford gave them USC has no business in the top 25.
    How were they even still in the Top 10 after their second loss of the season against Oregon a few weeks ago?

KingofIPirates

[80]Nov 14, 2009
    The pollsters didn't drop them far enough (ranking them 12th) and the combined losses of Oregon, Iowa and Penn St the following week put them back in the top ten.