Forums: Sports: 2009-2010 NFL Season

NYGBRIAN246

[61]Mar 13, 2009
    • level: 8
    That why I believe Hardy is going to have a big fat paycheck coming his way. I wonder who going to pay him? Bills the team that wants to keep T.O. happy or T.O. the man who wants #81?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

123home123

[62]Mar 13, 2009
    • level: 55
    I think this story may be getting overhyped. Though Owens has certainly caused a lot of problems with his former teams, they were usually related to not getting enough passes thrown his way. He may still cause problems this fall but I don't think it's going to be related to what number he wears or something like that.

HelloStuart

[63]Mar 14, 2009
    • level: 63
    123home123 wrote:
    I think this story may be getting overhyped. Though Owens has certainly caused a lot of problems with his former teams, they were usually related to not getting enough passes thrown his way. He may still cause problems this fall but I don't think it's going to be related to what number he wears or something like that.

Yeah, I heard Owens bought a house in Toronto.

NYGBRIAN246

[64]Mar 15, 2009
    So it looks very likely that T.O. will indeed gets to wear #81. That made my day.

In other news, Donte Stallworth killed a 59 year old man.......................................................

GameWiz1000

[65]Mar 15, 2009
    • level: 25
    NYGBRIAN246 wrote:
    So it looks very likely that T.O. will indeed gets to wear #81. That made my day.

In other news, Donte Stallworth killed a 59 year old man.......................................................

He was 49 actually.

GrandCross21

[66]Mar 16, 2009
    • level: 17
    Jay Cutler asks to be traded

KingofIPirates

[67]Mar 16, 2009
    • level: 32
    Wow, didn't expect that to happen. I guess the Broncos brought it all on themselves when they were considering trading him for Matt Cassel. Guess they never expected it to backfire on them.

GrandCross21

[68]Mar 16, 2009
    Jaguars release Matt Jones

HelloStuart

[69]Mar 16, 2009
    GameWiz1000 wrote:
    NYGBRIAN246 wrote:

He was 49 actually.

Nope, he was 59 (according to the Miami Herald, anyway).

NYGBRIAN246

[70]Mar 16, 2009
    GrandCross21 wrote:
    Jaguars release Matt Jones
    I can't believe he even lasted that long. It to bad. He looked like a promising WR. Maybe a new team might help him.
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    Wow, didn't expect that to happen. I guess the Broncos brought it all on themselves when they were considering trading him for Matt Cassel. Guess they never expected it to backfire on them.
    This is a win for the Broncos actually. I mean it not like he accomplished anything. 3 years of of being there and every time it looked like they were going into the playoffs he somehow manage to choke it away. Besides we all got to remember when a new coach comes in it usually a new QB that comes along with it. This sounds like a job that Tyler Typiegn can take, but trading within the division is unlikely........

KingofIPirates

[71]Mar 16, 2009
    NYGBRIAN246 wrote:
    This is a win for the Broncos actually. I mean it not like he accomplished anything. 3 years of of being there and every time it looked like they were going into the playoffs he somehow manage to choke it away. Besides we all got to remember when a new coach comes in it usually a new QB that comes along with it. This sounds like a job that Tyler Typiegn can take, but trading within the division is unlikely........
    Granted he didn't accomplish much but he was a young probowl quarterback and arguably the best player on the team. And the blame shouldn't be totally on Cutler considering that the Broncos defense was rather terrible, so much so they were among last in the league.
    You've got to remember that even though he's a new coach, he's still a rookie coach who hasn't done anything as of yet and alienating your best player who at this point is far more valuable than you is not a wise decision.

If Cutler is gone the team goes down the drain completely and Tyler Thigpen isn't good enough to keep them competitive in games with that horrendous defense backing him.
    Edited on 03/16/2009 9:14pm

123home123

[72]Mar 17, 2009
    • level: 55
    This could possibly be a big win for the Browns. There is speculation that they could trade Anderson or Quinn for Cutler along with other considerations (maybe a mid-round draft pick).

HelloStuart

[73]Mar 17, 2009
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    Granted he didn't accomplish much but he was a young probowl quarterback and arguably the best player on the team. And the blame shouldn't be totally on Cutler considering that the Broncos defense was rather terrible, so much so they were among last in the league.

You've got to remember that even though he's a new coach, he's still a rookie coach who hasn't done anything as of yet and alienating your best player who at this point is far more valuable than you is not a wise decision.

If Cutler is gone the team goes down the drain completely and Tyler Thigpen isn't good enough to keep them competitive in games with that horrendous defense backing him.

It's not that the Broncos' D sucks as much as they keep getting shot.

GameWiz1000

[74]Mar 17, 2009
    • level: 25
    123home123 wrote:
    This could possibly be a big win for the Browns. There is speculation that they could trade Anderson or Quinn for Cutler along with other considerations (maybe a mid-round draft pick).

Why not just keep Quinn? Browns don't need another QB.
    Edited on 03/17/2009 10:02am
    Edited 2 total times.

KingofIPirates

[75]Mar 17, 2009
    HelloStuart wrote:
    KingofIPirates wrote:

It's not that the Broncos' D sucks as much as they keep getting shot.
    heh, getting shot does tend to deplete your roster.
    Edited on 03/17/2009 10:13am

GrandCross21

[76]Mar 17, 2009
    Patriots trying to acquire Julius Peppers

lowriderz95s10

[77]Mar 17, 2009
    • level: 67
    GameWiz1000 wrote:
    123home123 wrote:

It would probably be a 3 team trade with Quinn going to Denver, Culter going to that third team (Tampa?) and the third team giving picks to the Browns.

NYGBRIAN246

[78]Mar 18, 2009
    lowriderz95s10 wrote:
    GameWiz1000 wrote:
    123home123 wrote:

It would probably be a 3 team trade with Quinn going to Denver, Culter going to that third team (Tampa?) and the third team giving picks to the Browns.
    Wow that shocking. Even though I'm a Anderson fan, I would never even think a possibly of a Quinn trade, but it would make sense now since Mangini wasn't even the one that drafted Quinn.

flamesword47

[79]Mar 19, 2009
    • level: 14
    Brady Quinn only played 3 games last season. Of those two games they lost, one was thanks to the poor defense (ironically against Denver's) and the other was cause he injured his hand in a previous game (ironically a game they won). So yeah, trading Quinn this early would be a terrible idea!

NYGBRIAN246

[80]Mar 21, 2009
    Doesn't matter if he played 3 games or 10 games. 90% of the time when a new coach comes in, they usually bring in their own QB. I think they'll draft another QB and have all three of them compete for the starting QB or they'll trade for Quinn. Anderson has proven he can play...................Quinn hasn't he 1-2 and the only win he came off from the Bills who kept free-falling from a great start.