Forums: Sports: 2011-12 NBA Season

2012 Finals favorites?

HelloStuart

[41]Jan 24, 2012
    • level: 63
    pudgebyrd722 wrote:
    Mavs improve to 11-7 after a 93-87 win over Phoenix.

Orlando scores a franchise low 56 points with only 20 in the second half against the Celtics.

Playing 4-5 games a week has really taken a beating on the players, to say the least.

It would've been so much easier to just extend the season and playoffs to early July. This condensed schedule has been almost like a punishment handed down by David Stern.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

drudager

[42]Jan 24, 2012
    • level: 13
    HelloStuart wrote:
    pudgebyrd722 wrote:

Orlando scores a franchise low 56 points with only 20 in the second half against the Celtics.

Playing 4-5 games a week has really taken a beating on the players, to say the least.

It would've been so much easier to just extend the season and playoffs to early July. This condensed schedule has been almost like a punishment handed down by David Stern.

lol ****, you wanted to extend the season into July?? You'd be taking away their off-season rest. He probably didn't need to condense the schedule so much, but they wanted to make their money. Mind you, the playoffs started in April 16 last season & lasted till June 12. They need to condense the playoffs in the worst way.

HelloStuart

[43]Jan 25, 2012
    drudager wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    pudgebyrd722 wrote:

lol ****, you wanted to extend the season into July?? You'd be taking away their off-season rest. He probably didn't need to condense the schedule so much, but they wanted to make their money. Mind you, the playoffs started in April 16 last season & lasted till June 12. They need to condense the playoffs in the worst way.

I meant for 2011-12 only. Either way, the players would still be overcoming their physical fatigue once October rolls around.

pudgebyrd722

[44]Jan 29, 2012
    • level: 51
    Mavs take sole possession of 1st place in the Southwest Division with a 101-100 overtime win against San Antonio. Fans are happy, but I'm not, as many people overlook the fact that Dallas blew an 18-point lead although they won.

pudgebyrd722

[45]Jan 31, 2012
    Facing the Suns without Steve Nash, the Mavericks put up 122 on Phoenix en route to an easy win and a 14-8 record through exactly a third of the season.

HelloStuart

[46]Feb 3, 2012
    With 40% of our season over (already?) my Bulls are 19-6 and sitting pretty atop the Eastern Conference. Granted, if we can prevent fewer scares like last night's near-collapse against the Knicks, D-Rose & Co. could coast.

pudgebyrd722

[47]Feb 3, 2012
    Dirk scored a season-high 30 in a loss to Indiana, (16-6) 98-87.

HelloStuart

[48]Feb 8, 2012
    The wonks at ESPN are beginning to ponder a Spurs-Sixers NBA Finals. Frankly, I think we're more likely to see Charlotte and New Orleans fight it out for the title.

pudgebyrd722

[49]Feb 11, 2012

Who do you think will meet up for the 2012 NBA Finals?

I'm trying to start up the forum for the NBA Finals, which I am the editor for. I recently (and by recently, I mean within a few minutes ago) finished adding every game of every series since the championship series debuted as the BAA Finals in 1947. (376 games)

jack1420

[50]Feb 12, 2012
    • level: 1

Hi

Hope that it will be great fun and will enjoy because we all can discuss everything about the match (Final match). Anyways i would like to tell you that i watch basketball online. So when are you going to start , let us know so that we can join and enjoy.

tbtonibareta

[51]Feb 13, 2012
    • level: 1

Oh yeah. Really excited for the finals

pudgebyrd722

[52]Feb 13, 2012
    Nice to have more people posting in the sports board.

Did anyone see Will Ferrell announce the Bulls/Hornets? I have to admit I don't like many of the more recent movies Ferrell has done but "he collects rare birds and has a pet dolphin named Chachi - Luol Deng." and "his favorite movie is The Notebook - Derrick Rose." cracked me up.

pudgebyrd722

[53]Feb 16, 2012
    LeBron James says a return to Cleveland is "not impossible."

Who cares? I think he just wanted to get a little attention away from Jeremy Lin.

drudager

[54]Feb 17, 2012
    pudgebyrd722 wrote:
    LeBron James says a return to Cleveland is "not impossible."

Who cares? I think he just wanted to get a little attention away from Jeremy Lin.

No kidding. Is he already bored in Miami?? Very dense of him to say something like that, assuming any Heat fans notice.

pudgebyrd722

[55]Feb 18, 2012
    Yeah I don't see the point in saying that whatsoever.

In other news, it was either the Mavericks' defense or the basket on that particular side of the court giving the 76ers fits in the second half. Philadelphia led by as many as fifteen and by fourteen at the break, 51-37.

Dallas went on a 19-2 run to start the second half and take a three-point lead. They ended up outscoring Philadelphia, 24-8 in that quarter, leading 61-59 going into the final period of play. They held Philadelphia to another 16 and scored 24 more of their own and won, 85-78.

The Sixers had twenty-four points in the second half. Dirk Nowitzki had twenty-four points in the second half!

Both teams walk out with 20-11 records.

HelloStuart

[56]Feb 19, 2012
    pudgebyrd722 wrote:

Another bad trade in the sorry history of the Golden State Warriors. First it was Wilt the Stilt, than Nate Thurmond, Mitch Richmond, Chris Webber, Gilbert Arenas, and now "Lin-sanity."

pudgebyrd722

[57]Feb 20, 2012
    Steve Novak, who started last year with the Mavs but was eventually waived, hurt Dallas Sunday as well. 14 points and four three's.

I like Jeremy Lin, but just not when he plays against the Mavericks.

marvelfan89

[58]Feb 21, 2012
    • level: 39

Nobody knew what they had with Lin honestly. Remember he was undrafted, and his rookie season was mediocre at best, and he was sent back to the D-League. Warriors waived him then the Rockets , and Knicks were pretty much ready to cut him had not Baron Davis been injured. He worked on his game, got the break he needed, and everybody knows the rest.

drudager

[59]Feb 21, 2012
    That guy is a walking target now. I think he's too undersized to make a long lasting impression. I think it was a perfect combination of the right large market team, ESPN & boredom.

pudgebyrd722

[60]Feb 22, 2012
    The Celtics give up 72 points in the first half? Even if it is to the Thunder, Boston is lucky there is probably not enough good teams in the East to overcome them and knock them out of the playoffs. But they're a #7 seed to me at best, and they'll be easily eliminated by Chicago or Miami.