Forums: Sports: 2011-12 NBA Season

2012 Finals favorites?

pudgebyrd722

[101]Jun 4, 2012
    • level: 51
    Maybe with enough write-in's to the commissioner, we can just eliminate Miami and Boston and let the Spurs and Thunder finish out their series for the Larry O'Brien trophy. At this point, I'll be happy with whoever wins the championship I guess, just as long as LeBron doesn't win a ring. San Antonio/Boston would be a great series.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HelloStuart

[102]Jun 7, 2012
    • level: 63
    Wow. Who expected the Spurs to fall apart like that? Win the first two, drop the next four. Duncan's Bunch had a 15-point lead at the half and completely squandered it. Regardless, I tip my hat to the young, "unproven" Thunder, your 2012 Western Conference champs.

HelloStuart

[103]Jun 9, 2012
    As for my NBA Finals prediction, I say Miami over OKC in 7. I'm done predicting an easy-peasy series; this will be a knock-down, drag-out epic of a series.

MajLorne

[104]Jun 10, 2012
    • level: 21
    This will probably be the Heat's best chance to win a championship. For the sake of ending the 'when will Lebron win a title' talks, I would hope the Heat wins. Otoh, since I have no love for Miami going back to the 90s during the Knicks-Miami rivalry, I do like the Thunder a bit more and would root for them. Either way I'm glad the Spurs and Celtics are out.

drudager

[105]Jun 11, 2012
    • level: 13
    HelloStuart wrote:
    As for my NBA Finals prediction, I say Miami over OKC in 7. I'm done predicting an easy-peasy series; this will be a knock-down, drag-out epic of a series.

So I should bet my house, car & life savings on this prediction?

marvelfan89

[106]Jun 16, 2012
    • level: 39

Lebron has been pretty darn good in the finals so far. It doesn't look like he'll do the disappearing act he usually does, and now with series tied it should give him a boost. I think he's actually to an extent outperforming Wade. Their definitely seems to be more sense of urgency this year than last year against Dallas to win one.

drudager

[107]Jun 22, 2012
    • level: 13
    Well I guess this means I can never watch the NBA again since the biggest insufferable a-hole finally got his ring. I couldn't even watch the Finals. Parity in the NBA my ass.

HelloStuart

[108]Jun 24, 2012
    drudager wrote:
    Well I guess this means I can never watch the NBA again since the biggest insufferable a-hole finally got his ring. I couldn't even watch the Finals. Parity in the NBA my ass.

For the first time in their two-decade "existence," someone from Michigan's Fab Five finally won a championship. My begrudging congrats to Juwan Howard on finally hoisting the O'Brien.

pudgebyrd722

[109]Jul 12, 2012
    • level: 51
    HelloStuart wrote:
    drudager wrote:

For the first time in their two-decade "existence," someone from Michigan's Fab Five finally won a championship. My begrudging congrats to Juwan Howard on finally hoisting the O'Brien.
    Same to Shane Battier.

Anyhow, a lot of shocking deals already going on.

Deron Williams stays in Brooklyn. (that one wasn't surprising)

Steve Nash goes to the Lakers in a sign-and-trade.

Jason Terry, who said he wanted to be a Mav for life, signs with the Celtics.

Ray Allen signs with the Heat.

Jason Kidd signs a 3-year deal with the Knicks after "spurning" Dallas.

Jamal Crawford goes to the Clippers.

HelloStuart

[110]Jul 14, 2012
    pudgebyrd722 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    drudager wrote:

Same to Shane Battier.

Anyhow, a lot of shocking deals already going on.

Deron Williams stays in Brooklyn. (that one wasn't surprising)

Steve Nash goes to the Lakers in a sign-and-trade.

Jason Terry, who said he wanted to be a Mav for life, signs with the Celtics.

Ray Allen signs with the Heat.

Jason Kidd signs a 3-year deal with the Knicks after "spurning" Dallas.

Jamal Crawford goes to the Clippers.

Also, Kirk Hinrich might be going back to the Bulls, which just traded Kyle Korver to the Hawks.

MajLorne

[111]Jul 17, 2012
    • level: 21
    Jason Kidd in deep doodoo over his DUI arrest. He maybe facing up to 1 year behind bars for it. smh.

As for the Linsanity era, it's over as Lin "spurns" the Knicks for Houston because Houston is crazy or dumb to offer an unproven player almost $15 mil for year 3. I like Lin, but no way is he worth that much for just half a year playing full time. Also keeping Lin for year 3 would've put them in a $45-50 mil penalty for going over the luxury tax (3.5 x every $1 they go over limit). Plus with this being Melo's team, I don't think it was ever going to work out anyway. Houston needed him more to replace Yao Ming, and power to them if they think he's worth that much.