Forums: Sports: 2011-12 NFL Season

drudager

[62]Nov 12, 2011
    • level: 13

The season is too long, start the playoffs!!! I don't like the bye week or when they keep moving games from Sunday early afternoon to late afternoon or primetime, completely ruins my routine and I lose interest.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pudgebyrd722

[63]Nov 23, 2011
    • level: 51
    The Cowboys have turned it around at 6-4, tied for the division lead and looking for more with their next two games against Miami and Arizona. The Texans, my official new favorite team, is 7-3, and despite losing Matt Schaub for the rest of the season, I still think Leinart and Houston will have no troubles with Jacksonville this week. Not only that, but taking their first division title, currently leading the race by 2.0 games over Tennessee. And excited for Thanksgiving Day. Not only the Cowboys, but I made a bet with a friend that the Lions would beat the Packers.

drudager

[64]Nov 23, 2011
    The Lions aren't going to beat the Packers. I would bet my life on it. It could be close, but Green Bay is still worlds ahead of the Lions, whom come off as a dirty team.

HelloStuart

[65]Nov 24, 2011
    • level: 63
    drudager wrote:
    The Lions aren't going to beat the Packers. I would bet my life on it. It could be close, but Green Bay is still worlds ahead of the Lions, whom come off as a dirty team.

N-Suh's wrestle/kick earlier today totally proved that. He'll be suspended at least two games. His idiocy couldn't have come at a worse time for Da Kitties.

pudgebyrd722

[66]Nov 26, 2011
    Disappointing start but after witnessing another game-winning field goal by Dan Bailey then the great Texas/Texas A&M game, overall it was a great Thanksgiving.

San Francisco also went down. Only their second loss of the year. Not surprising to Baltimore, though.

pudgebyrd722

[67]Dec 3, 2011
    Eagles officially went to dream team to nightmare team. 4-8 after a Thursday night loss to Marshaun Lynch and the Seattle Seahawks at Qwest Field., 31-14. Seattle is up to 5-7, Phillie at 4-8.

pudgebyrd722

[68]Dec 11, 2011
    Houston Texans' rookie QB TJ Yates proves himself with a great comeback win today in Cincinnati. Trailed 19-10 in the 4th, and a minute and a half in, failed to convert a fourth down in field goal range, but Rackers nailed a 3-pointer with five to go, and Yates led the offense down the field and connected with Kevin Walter 6 yards for the score with two ticks left on the clock. Houston won, 20-19, and minutes later, clinched their first ever playoff spot with a Tennessee loss. They are a AFC-best 10-3 and are on a seven-game win streak.

HelloStuart

[69]Dec 12, 2011
    Hey, how about Them Boys? Jason Garrett blow it with a timeout two weeks in a row.

pudgebyrd722

[70]Dec 14, 2011
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Hey, how about Them Boys? Jason Garrett blow it with a timeout two weeks in a row.
    Excuse me if I'm wrong and missed something from earlier in the game, but if you are referring to the potentially game-tying field goal, that was Coughlin who called the timeout.

But I'm glad I converted to the Texans earlier this year.

The NFC East is usually one of the toughest divisions in football but they're the only four-team set without a squad of 10 wins. Even the lackluster West has the 49ers, but the East-leading Giants only have 7.

In other news, Texans' defensive coordinator Wade Phillips is on medical leave for a kidney condition, expected to return to the team in 10 days or so, but he will miss this next game against the Panthers at least.

pudgebyrd722

[71]Dec 18, 2011
    Many streaks end today.

The Texans' 7-game win streak ends against the Panthers. They go into the break down 21-0 and lose 28-13.

The Packers' 19-game win streak and undefeated season bid ends at 13-0 after a 19-14 loss to the Chiefs.

The Colts finally win a game, improving to 1-13 after a 27-13 victory over the Titans, as their playoff hopes dim.

Still another good game today, Tim Tebow will try to finally beat an actual good team, as they host the Patriots today, which has just gotten under way.

pudgebyrd722

[72]Dec 22, 2011
    Frustrating loss for the Texans to the 1-13 Colts. Penalties, penalties, penalties... 10-5 but they should be 14-1.

Stone_Colds

[73]Jan 1, 2012
    • level: 4
    Saying you should be 14-1 when you are 10-5 seems quite a bit of stretch don't you think?

pudgebyrd722

[74]Jan 1, 2012
    Well, I'm saying they could of won a great deal of those games. But I guess you could also say every loser of every game could of won every game if they didn't turn it over on crucial possessions, miss field goals, convert their red zone opportunities and hold onto leads.

pudgebyrd722

[75]Jan 1, 2012
    Here are my playoff predictions:

Texans 23, Bengals 13
    Steelers 38, Broncos 14

Saints 45, Lions 31
    Falcons 34, Giants 23

Steelers 27, Patriots 20
    Ravens 20, Texans 13

Packers 31, Falcons 28
    Saints 34, 49ers 17

Ravens 26, Steelers 19

Saints 35, Packers 31

Ravens 27, Saints 24

HelloStuart

[76]Jan 4, 2012
    pudgebyrd722 wrote:

Texans 23, Bengals 13
    Steelers 38, Broncos 14

Saints 45, Lions 31
    Falcons 34, Giants 23

Steelers 27, Patriots 20
    Ravens 20, Texans 13

Packers 31, Falcons 28
    Saints 34, 49ers 17

Ravens 26, Steelers 19

Saints 35, Packers 31

Ravens 27, Saints 24

One week at a time, please! Seriously though, you're making those wild card matchups sound a lot higher-scoring than in actuality. Detroit will be lucky to score two touchdowns against Who Dat. Hard to argue against your other picks, though.

drudager

[77]Jan 6, 2012

Speaking of the NFL playoffs:

8-8 Broncos in

9-7 Titans, 8-8 Jets, 8-8 Raiders miss

The Titans are the lone team with a better record that got screwed out of the playoffs this season due to stupid divisional alignment. NFC actually worked out, surprisingly. But there is no logical reason why a 9-7 team should miss while a worse record goes in.

pudgebyrd722

[78]Jan 6, 2012
    HelloStuart wrote:
    pudgebyrd722 wrote:

Texans 23, Bengals 13
    Steelers 38, Broncos 14

Saints 45, Lions 31
    Falcons 34, Giants 23

Steelers 27, Patriots 20
    Ravens 20, Texans 13

Packers 31, Falcons 28
    Saints 34, 49ers 17

Ravens 26, Steelers 19

Saints 35, Packers 31

Ravens 27, Saints 24

One week at a time, please! Seriously though, you're making those wild card matchups sound a lot higher-scoring than in actuality. Detroit will be lucky to score two touchdowns against Who Dat. Hard to argue against your other picks, though.
    lol I just wanted to put more emphasis how Tim Tebow and the Broncos won't go anywhere in the playoffs. Oh, and I want to be guy people deem as "psychic" if the Ravens actually do meet the Saints in the Super Bowl. I honestly think the Saints can beat the Packers and 49ers, though, and the Patriots will choke again if they fall behind 17, 21-0 behind an actual good team. I also like Detroit as a team, it's just unlucky that they have to face the Saints in the hardest place to play in the league. I think the Lions would beat the Giants, too.

drudager

[79]Jan 8, 2012
    pudgebyrd722 wrote:
    I think the Lions would beat the Giants, too.

I don't. I think Detroit is a garbage team full of thugs and I just don't care if they win, no matter how long they've been losing. Watching them get lit up in the air last night was great.

drudager

[80]Jan 10, 2012
    All four non-division winners got eliminated from the playoffs. I forget when it last happened, but it's been a while. Plus all home teams won.

pudgebyrd722

[81]Jan 11, 2012
    drudager wrote:
    All four non-division winners got eliminated from the playoffs. I forget when it last happened, but it's been a while. Plus all home teams won.
    2007 it was. #3 Philadelphia def. #6 New York, #4 Seattle def. #5 Dallas on that dreaded fumbled field goal snap... #3 Colts def. the #6 Chiefs and the #4 Patriots def. the #5 Jets.

I'm actually still surprised New York won. I thought either of the wild card teams could of beat them, like I said. But their defense was more than solid, even though that 2 doesn't look right on the scoreboard lol.

And I wish Tebow lovers would realize that that OT win was all on Demaryius Thomas who dodged tacklers on his way to the end zone. Meanwhile, great win for the Texans.

It's hard to choose a winner in a matchup of teams you both hate, but:

Packers 27, Giants 16
    Patriots 38, Broncos 20

Then:

Saints 34, 49ers 17
    Ravens 22, Texans 13