Forums: Sports: 2012-13 NBA Season

HelloStuart

[1]Nov 25, 2012
    • level: 63

I know we're 11 or 12 games into the season, but there's still plenty of time to talk hoops... right?

Everybody knows Miami will win the East, but I doubt anyone expected the Knicks and Bobcats (!) to come on so strong.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HelloStuart

[2]Dec 4, 2012

Some badly needed levity on the Hornets' possible name change:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1433198-new-orleans-hornets-reportedly-changing-name-to-much-more-hilarious-pelicans

MajLorne

[3]Feb 3, 2013
    • level: 21
    Who'd have anticipated the Knicks under dolans ownership can actually be competitive for one of the top spots of the eastern conference? Looks like the whole linsanity has died out as expected. They were never going to build around an unproven player especially the poison pill $15 mil in one yr of his contract. So saner ppl prevailed and let him walk and the Knicks are still relevant and more. The nets are doing pretty well too, better than I expected in their first year in Brooklyn, but as for how long they can make this last season after season....

HelloStuart

[4]Feb 20, 2013
    MajLorne wrote:
    Who'd have anticipated the Knicks under Dolans ownership can actually be competitive for one of the top spots of the eastern conference? Looks like the whole Linsanity has died out as expected. They were never going to build around an unproven player especially the poison pill $15 mil in one yr of his contract. So saner people prevailed and let him walk and the Knicks are still relevant and more. The Nets are doing pretty well too, better than I expected in their first year in Brooklyn, but as for how long they can make this last season after season....

Moving to Brooklyn reinvigorated that whole franchise. The borough has welcomed the Nets with open arms, and after decades of mediocrity in the swamps of Jersey they're finally a contender. The pieces of the puzzle were there.

I agree insofar that the Knicks have been a surprise. Two-thirds of the roster are over 30 years old, and a lot of these guys were spare parts signed for the league minimum. In a perverse way, I'd like to see how far these old Knickerbockers go in the playoffs.

skbrettbug

[5]Jul 24, 2013
    • level: 19

I'm not the biggest fan of the NBA, but I was upset that the Miami Heat won. They have so many bandwagon fans. As a Chicago native, I love the Bulls' six-peat (or two three-peats, say), and Michael Jordan is a very respectable guy! However, none of these Heat players are very respectable. James is a ball hog and self-absorbed, and Anderssen is freaky! Not that I judge by appearances

The Nets moved very nicely, and New Orleans is now the Pelicans, while Charlotte is now the Hornets, I believe!

skbrettbug

[6]Jul 24, 2013

I'm not the biggest fan of the NBA, but I was upset that the Miami Heat won. They have so many bandwagon fans. As a Chicago native, I love the Bulls' six-peat (or two three-peats, say), and Michael Jordan is a very respectable guy! However, none of these Heat players are very respectable. James is a ball hog and self-absorbed, and Anderssen is freaky! Not that I judge by appearances

The Nets moved very nicely, and New Orleans is now the Pelicans, while Charlotte is now the Hornets, I believe!

skbrettbug

[7]Jan 11, 2014

Heat and Pacers have a nice friendly competition in an otherwise desolate East.