Forums: Sports: Least favorite sport

dude6363

[21]Apr 16, 2008
    • level: 60

For watching it's NASCAR, hockey and things like discus and weight-lifting.

I'm looking at the list of games being played at this years Olympics and i'm seeing some snoozefest 2008's in such games like Fencing, Archery and Table Tennis. Nothing could make me want to watch or play any of those (except maybe Table Tennis in a friend's basement for 10 minutes).

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HelloStuart

[22]Apr 16, 2008
    • level: 63
    Ramrom wrote:
    wwe is real and it's awesome, a lot of people don't know that.

That's opinion, not fact.

mp34mp

[23]Apr 16, 2008
    • level: 16
    Ramrom wrote:

wwe is real and it's awesome, alot of people don't know that.

No, WWE is not real, sad-misguided sports fan.

mp34mp

[24]Apr 16, 2008
    dkyuubi wrote:
    Sagitariusbri86 wrote:
    Golf, has no action and I don't really care if they hit the stupid ball in the stupid hole all day long, it is the most boring sport ever invented.

Golf is a dirty sport. You can be fat out of your mind and still play. As with Basketball you can't be overweight.

You don't see too many morbidly obese tennis players, either.

flamesword47

[25]Apr 18, 2008
    • level: 14
    Golf and Baseball are my two least favorite cause you never see anything exciting when you want to.

bballmegan22

[26]Apr 18, 2008
    • level: 30
    Ugh anything NASCAR I find stupid.

LSUstinks11

[27]Apr 18, 2008
    • level: 12
    flamesword47 wrote:
    Golf and Baseball are my two least favorite cause you never see anything exciting when you want to.
    Same,goes for me,but I added any motorsports like (NASCAR,F1,IRL) etc.Tennis also.

AfterImage34

[28]Apr 19, 2008
    • level: 10
    1.Nascar- Just too boring to me.
    2.Soccer- I never liked the hype surrounding it, it always felt to me that it was guys wasting their energy running up and down the field only to score a goal or so, wehere the most exciting event was a sliding tackle.
    3.Golf- Yawn
    4.Basketball- I find it barable, but if I had a choice between watching Football or basketball, I wouldn't even second guess football. I remember as a kid I always wished basketball was more violent To me it's just a bit too boring.

Noteldnep

[29]Apr 20, 2008
    Football for me. I don't see the hype in people slamming into one another while running towards opposite ends of a field.

Every sport has its up and down points however, so I'm not going to put any more emphasis on that statement.

JagsFan1

[30]Apr 28, 2008
    • level: 14
    Nassacar & Golf I would never watch niether

sbhinyo

[31]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 13
    Soccer and Tennis they are the only sports i hate. I think it's boring and also i don't like Golf it's also boring.

sssquarepants

[32]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 23
    They are making everything a sport. Let me lay down the law here. Cheerleading...NOT a sport. Gymnastics...NOT a sport. If an 80-year old guy can play it and be good, it's not a sport. With that being said, Golf is NOT a sport. NASCAR...NOT a sport. To me, if you have a justify it, it's not a sport. Curling...NOT a sport. If a girl can play it and be just as good as the professional men, its not a sport.

HelloStuart

[33]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 63
    sssquarepants wrote:
    They are making everything a sport. Let me lay down the law here. Cheerleading...NOT a sport. Gymnastics...NOT a sport. If an 80-year old guy can play it and be good, it's not a sport. With that being said, Golf is NOT a sport. NASCAR...NOT a sport. To me, if you have a justify it, it's not a sport. Curling...NOT a sport. If a girl can play it and be just as good as the professional men, its not a sport.

Sexist pig!

jord15

[34]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 21
    NASCAR. Six hours of racers going around in a circle. They can't even turn right. Golf. Too quiet, no trash talking and another game that's too long. I don't consider Gymnastics or Swimming sports, they're more events then anything.

sssquarepants

[35]Apr 29, 2008
    HelloStuart wrote:
    sssquarepants wrote:
    Sexist pig!
    I'm serious. If you put a girl on an NFL team, there is no way she would keep up. If you put a girl in the IRL (say, Danica Patrick), she would do good. Which is why IRL and NASCAR and all them other racing leagues aren't sports.
    Edited on 04/29/2008 9:14pm

bouges13

[36]May 2, 2008
    • level: 19

sssquarepants wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    sssquarepants wrote:
    Sexist pig!
    I'm serious. If you put a girl on an NFL team, there is no way she would keep up. If you put a girl in the IRL (say, Danica Patrick), she would do good. Which is why IRL and NASCAR and all them other racing leagues aren't sports.

That is awful logic, and is disrespectful... and it is far from the point of sports. Sports is about competition, and yes, some forms of competition is only possible at peak physical condition... other forms of competition is mental... but even so, being an athlete in anything, and competing at the highest level of any given sport is not easy and I'd wager anyone who says so is either a fool or is naive. Not liking certain sports is one thing, but being disrespectful to those sports is just lame and petty. And for the record, those who feel compelled to "justify" their sports only has to do so because of the ignorant and snobbish outlook of others who somehow feel some sort of compulsion to prove their favorite sports is the best.

BTW, including gymnastics as not a sport is ridicules... while I am no gymnastics fan, it has to be said that what they do is really impressive, and pound for pound, gymnasts have to be among the best physically conditioned athletes in the world.

My least favorite sports is golf and NASCAR... they bore me to death, and I hate the hype those two sports get even more.

Edited on 05/02/2008 2:20pm

GameWiz1000

[37]May 4, 2008
    • level: 25

mp34mp wrote:
    I guess I could be missing something but I still find it odd that people dislike a sport because they dont understand the rules! Cricket and Football have just as much going for them as American Football, Ice Hockey and any other sport where two team line up against each other in order to outscore each other.
    All right, you're going to have to explain to me what I'm missing in soccer. Unless there's some magical strategic offense / defensive scheme that I'm missing, where these things are drawn out and printed in a playbook, all I'm picking up is random running around, kicking and passing the ball. And why is it so damn hard to score a goal?? Maybe fewer players / a smaller field would help.

Do you like hockey? If so, the same problems exist. One of the main criticisms of soccer is that "there's not enough scoring." I'd rather have not enough scoring than too much scoring like in basketball. That way, when you score, it actually means something.

Edited on 05/04/2008 9:51pm

sssquarepants

[38]May 5, 2008
    bouges13 wrote:

sssquarepants wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    sssquarepants wrote:
    Sexist pig!

That is awful logic, and is disrespectful... and it is far from the point of sports. Sports is about competition, and yes, some forms of competition is only possible at peak physical condition... other forms of competition is mental... but even so, being an athlete in anything, and competing at the highest level of any given sport is not easy and I'd wager anyone who says so is either a fool or is naive. Not liking certain sports is one thing, but being disrespectful to those sports is just lame and petty. And for the record, those who feel compelled to "justify" their sports only has to do so because of the ignorant and snobbish outlook of others who somehow feel some sort of compulsion to prove their favorite sports is the best.

BTW, including gymnastics as not a sport is ridicules... while I am no gymnastics fan, it has to be said that what they do is really impressive, and pound for pound, gymnasts have to be among the best physically conditioned athletes in the world.

My least favorite sports is golf and NASCAR... they bore me to death, and I hate the hype those two sports get even more.

Is that to say Chess is a sport or GO Fish is a sport because some people do play at the highest level possible. OR darts. IS playing darts a sport? Those guys take it serious. And there are some "Sports" out there that aren't sports. Like cheerleading. 4 year old girls do it. But you can't compare what cheerleaders do to what NFL players do or NBA players do. Cheerleading, gymnastics, bowling, golf, and NASCAR can have a sports "league" to there own, but leave the NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLS out of the topic.

hernan_jen

[39]May 9, 2008
    • level: 12
    Soccer and Golf

Sango-Slayer

[40]May 11, 2008
    • level: 10

To watch- Hockey

To play- Baseball