Forums: Sports: NCAA Football 2008-2009 season thread.

tvfanatic91

[61]Aug 16, 2008
    • level: 44
    Lion4Life wrote:
    Bad news for Penn State fans, Devon Still suffered a broken leg during a scrimage today. Early word is that it might be season ending, no sure word on it yet though. This is a real kick in the pants to the depth at defensive tackle with Chris Baker and Phil Taylor being booted from the team the other week.

Lion4Life, I saw your signature and thought I would mention that the inventor of the slinky went to Penn State. Just a useless factoid I thought many people might not know, and because you are a fellow Nittany Lion fan I thought you might enjoy that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Lion4Life

[62]Aug 16, 2008
    • level: 30
    Yeah, The factory that is/was(not sure if it's still there or not)in Hollidaysburg is about 40 minutes from here.

Lion4Life

[63]Aug 18, 2008
    Lion4Life wrote:
    Bad news for Penn State fans, Devon Still suffered a broken leg during a scrimage today. Early word is that it might be season ending, no sure word on it yet though. This is a real kick in the pants to the depth at defensive tackle with Chris Baker and Phil Taylor being booted from the team the other week.

Not as bad as originaly thought. Turns out he broke his ankle, surgery this week and expected to be out 8-10 weeks.

DarkShadow_23

[65]Aug 21, 2008
    • level: 8
    Virginia Tech all the way!

tvfanatic91

[66]Aug 23, 2008
    Is anyone attending any NCAA Football games this season? I am going to the Penn State/Coastal Carolina game on the 30th.

HelloStuart

[67]Aug 23, 2008
    • level: 63
    tvfanatic91 wrote:
    Is anyone attending any NCAA Football games this season? I am going to the Penn State/Coastal Carolina game on the 30th.

I might go to ISU's homecoming game against Missouri State, but that's almost two months from now.

LSUstinks11

[68]Aug 23, 2008
    • level: 12

College Football season starts in 5 days!

Edited on 08/23/2008 7:41pm

Pikachu_2121

[69]Aug 24, 2008
    • level: 20
    I might go to a few Irish games

tvfanatic91

[70]Aug 25, 2008
    What??? Monday Night College Football! Tennessee and UCLA will meet on Monday September 1. Since when did we have NCCA Monday games. Last year there was a Sunday game now there taking on Monday Night Football. I will watch on Thursday through Saturday, anything else is a maybe. I might have to tune in for this one though.

Lion4Life

[71]Aug 25, 2008
    tvfanatic91 wrote:

I had planned on going to the Oregon St, Michigan and Michigan St. games this year. I had to turn down Coastal Carolina tickets last night. Some things came up and I have to go out of town this weekend, and now I'm probably not gonna make the Oregon St game either

HelloStuart

[72]Aug 26, 2008
    tvfanatic91 wrote:
    What??? Monday Night College Football! Tennessee and UCLA will meet on Monday September 1. Since when did we have NCCA Monday games. Last year there was a Sunday game now there taking on Monday Night Football. I will watch on Thursday through Saturday, anything else is a maybe. I might have to tune in for this one though.

It's just for one week, Fanatic. The NFL season doesn't start until the first weekend in September.

dkyuubi

[73]Aug 26, 2008
    • level: 31
    I'm looking forward to watching a ton of NCAA Football this fall.

KingofIPirates

[74]Aug 29, 2008
    • level: 32
    Hurricanes gets a blowout win over Charleston Southern (a rather minor school so it's not very impressive) scoring 52-7. They have a tough opponent in UF next week and it's a shame when these two great programs have to play each other.

KingofIPirates

[75]Aug 30, 2008
    Wow a relatively bad game from Tim Tebow and no Percy Harvin yet the Gators still chomped down hard on Hawaii blowing them out 56 to 10(last 10 were garbage points). Either this team is primed for a National Championship or Hawaii is just that bad. I prefer to see it both ways. It's a shame their previous coach and Colt Brennan left, they would have experienced the beat down firsthand. They should have kept Tim Tebow in the game to pad up his stats. We need another Heisman! Now that he has help, he doesn't need to carry as big a load as he did last season.

WB4LIFE

[76]Aug 30, 2008

KingofIPirates wrote:
    Wow a relatively bad game from Tim Tebow and no Percy Harvin yet the Gators still chomped down hard on Hawaii blowing them out 56 to 10(last 10 were garbage points). Either this team is primed for a National Championship or Hawaii is just that bad. I prefer to see it both ways. It's a shame their previous coach and Colt Brennan left, they would have experienced the beat down firsthand. They should have kept Tim Tebow in the game to pad up his stats. We need another Heisman! Now that he has help, he doesn't need to carry as big a load as he did last season.

DONY YOU DARE EVER INSULT HAWAII EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!

KingofIPirates

[77]Aug 31, 2008
    Don't worry they probably won't be in a significant game ever again like the BCS bowl where Georgia showed them what a real defense plays like. Plus the new coach was already talking smack before the start of the season.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3199427

McMackin assured only one thing: "The next time we get to the Sugar Bowl, we're going to kick their (butt)."
    Edited on 08/31/2008 12:23am

Evolution_666

[78]Aug 31, 2008
    • level: 14
    Clemson got smoked!

simpsonian100

[79]Aug 31, 2008

tvfanatic91 wrote:

College only has a Monday night game in the first week. It's on the same network that does Monday Night Football anyway. Remember last year's Monday game? There was one between Clemson and Florida State.

HelloStuart

[80]Aug 31, 2008
    Evolution_666 wrote:
    Clemson got smoked!

So did Illinois State!

Granted, Brockway was 20-for-38 for 196 yards and one pickoff, but the defense just didn't show up...