Forums: Talk Shows: Is the MAURY show for real??

wideg

[1]Apr 24, 2006
    • level: 1
    I used to watch "Maury" on a fairly regular basis.  But, it got so  far "out there" that even I could not stand it any longer.  Does anyone believe that all of his guests and their problems are totally authentic??  Some of these teenage mothers and their own mothers that get on that stage HAVE to be actors.  No one lives the kind of lives that some of these folks portray.  Or, maybe they do.  But, how do all of them end up on Maury...........
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

creesummerfan

[2]Apr 24, 2006
    • level: 11
    Maury's show is 100 percent real, actually.

Jerry Springer on the other hand...

Mad_Buck

[3]Apr 24, 2006
    • level: 79
    Jerry Springer is a class act compare to Maury Povich.

Canadinbcn

[4]Apr 24, 2006
    • level: 24
    maury is always paternity tests...they should call it the paternity test show.

Canadinbcn

[5]Apr 24, 2006
    • level: 24
    in a sad way its funny though, b/c anytime someone says they are "100% no 1000% sure that so and so is the father", he never is. those are like the jinx words.

HeavenWood

[6]Apr 24, 2006
    • level: 19
    No there are truly people out there like the guest who appear on the show, truly sad isn’t it.

Yes Maury does do a lot of paternity test too many if you ask me there like sometimes 2 or 3 shows on paternity in one week. Grant it I think it’s funny sometimes when Woman says their 100% positive that this is their baby’s daddy, and then its not. I pity those who have gone on to be tested over 5 times and still can’t find their baby daddy. Maybe if they didn’t spread their legs to every guy they meet they wouldn’t have this problem. The Maury show pays for the paternity test no doubt why some comes back because most of them probably couldn’t afford it on their own Then again there are times where it works out and I’m truly glad for the couple. I applaud them men who find out they may not be the biological father, but choose to remain to be that child(ren) father

I more like the shows were people have survived, or the shows about people who are different for some reason.

ToniMontana804

[7]Apr 25, 2006
    • level: 15
    Either the show is real or the burnt and scarred victims used really good makeup.

There's a huge difference between Jerry Springer and Maury. At times, Jerry would say stupid and unfunny jokes at a bad time, which Maury will never do. Maury has a great heart. Jerry is nice too, but doesn't show it much.

diamond07

[8]Apr 25, 2006
    • level: 52
    Canadinbcn wrote:
    maury is always paternity tests...they should call it the paternity test show.

True. This is the only thing I absolutely hate about the show. I wish they would stop doing so many shows about this.

ToniMontana804

[9]Apr 25, 2006
    • level: 15
    Man, I didn't realize that there's a lot of women sleeping around on their husbands with over 10 men.

dolce5992

[10]Apr 25, 2006
    definetly something wrong's with that show. i mean jerry springer is at least believable and has common problems (cheating most often), but on the other hand maury brings in this girl with like "H SIZED BOOBS" and like, that's impossible, unless anyone begs to differ? anyways the entire time the girl with the big bust was wearing an open top and you could see the plastic inserts the whole time. like c'mon, if your gonna make a good show, make it believable to your audience. kk ciao. message me if you guys wanna talk about jerry. wow i love him. maury's a poser.

HeavenWood

[11]Apr 25, 2006
    • level: 19
    Some girls do develop young.

Today there was a good show on the Maury about people that have survived horrific circumstances, i.e being burned etc Maury does things on cheating as well, revealing a secret etc. I love the opposite attracted shows. I think Maury is more believable then Jerry Springer but that just me. I use to watch Jerry all the time when they allowed right out fighting but once they basically discontinued that

Emperor26

[12]Apr 26, 2006
    • level: 13
    I know one thing that Maury should have done in the first place-get canceled for good.

paulster92

[13]Jul 1, 2006
    it looks fake

KYLE-D

[14]Jul 3, 2006
    • level: 7

There's not a chance ALL those paternity test shows are real. I just find it hard to believe there are THAT many women sleeping with with SO many men that they have to bring 5, 6, 9 and 10 men on that show to test. I actually saw one of the women start to laugh when Maury said "not the father" then she did the standard, run off the stage, fall on the floor and bawl. I think those 'Opposite Attract' show are fake too.

Stormy2021

[17]Jul 7, 2006
    • level: 14
    Its got to be staged...

I mean when they do lie detector tests and the girls bring the guys over to the show because they had a secret, its quite obvious that they slept with somebody or something of that sort, and the guy just overreacts and cries like a baby...I mean, you're being invited to the Maury Povich show to be told a "secret", I think you should know what that is seeing that the whole show is based on liars, cheaters, and mothers who don't know what a condom is.

KYLE-D

[18]Jul 10, 2006
    • level: 7

CWHunter wrote:
    Apparently some of you people don't understand that there are A LOT of women who do sleep around a lot and have sex with with many men in the same month, or maybe a 2 month range and they just can't remember properly.

Ok I'll concede there are women who sleep around, lord knows there are plenty of guys that do, but what seems so fake about the show is the women are all 100%, 1000% a million percent positive that each guy is the father of their children. If they REALLY wanted to know the fathers they'd just say "Ok Maury, I slept with a LOT of guys and here's the first batch of them". Even after the first, second and third man is not the father they are still 100% sure each man is the father.

Also it's the way most of the shows are set of that make them seem fake. The black women are all screaming "I'm a thousand percent sure he's the daddy" but yet the white women are confessing that "Honey I'm so sorry, I cheated on you with XXX"... so the black men and woman are portrayed as VERY promiscuous while the white women and men just sleep around once maybe twice. That's why they can't all be real because that's not reality.

larry_davis

[19]Jul 12, 2006
    • level: 4
    question is why does maury have so many shows about little girls who are sex addicts out of control?

Mad_Buck

[20]Jul 18, 2006
    • level: 79

larry_davis wrote:
    question is why does maury have so many shows about little girls who are sex addicts out of control?

And why are most of these girls so ugly?