- me n my mum n my friend peter LOOOOOOOOVEE the Maury Show the paternity tests when the baby isnt the rite father they run into the green room hysterical HILARIOUS!!! im sorry to be insensitve but it is when its like their 3rd time on the show with like 3 guys. I saw a REALLY funny one today, when these 2 like "cant go outside and sit in the sun without buring" white couple have a OBVIOUSLY half african american baby, the kid has dark skin, curly hair, the works, and they wanted a peternity test n the guy wasnt the father n he like FLIPPED.
It so sad that we love this show but as my friend peter said "when ever your sad and think your life sucks, just turn on maury cause theres always someone worse of than you"
- I don't think every episode is real. Like the ones where people have lost their house in a hurricane or have been mauled by a dog are real. But I doubt that ALL of the paternity test episodes are real.
- I watch this nonsense sometimes on a break from work. The paternity test stuff can definitely be entertaining. I love it how they post the baby picture and they get all up there and they're like "LOOK AT THAT! HE DOESN'T LOOK ANYTHING LIKE ME! LOOK AT THIS HERE! AND LOOK AT THIS HERE!" And I'm thinking to myself "Dude, if I gotta be honest as an outside observer, that baby actually kinda does look like you." And then they reveal the results and it turns out in those cases that the dude actually is the father.
What I don't get are these ones with the lie-detector tests for the husbands cheating on their wives, or cheating boyfriends or whatever. I mean, Maury gets the results and he's like "You were asked, 'Have you ever cheated?' You said 'no' and the lie detector determined that was a lie --- more than fifty times."
I mean, I can understand how the lie detector determines if they're lying or not, but where the heck do they come up with the "more than 50 times" stuff?Edited on 09/18/2006 9:44pm
- If all those women who have 6 or 7 or may be more people that they think is their kid's father is true then it is truly sad. Everytime Maury it's on it's always paternity tests and finding out if someone is really a man or woman.
wideg wrote: I used to watch "Maury" on a fairly regular basis. But, it got so far "out there" that even I could not stand it any longer. Does anyone believe that all of his guests and their problems are totally authentic?? Some of these teenage mothers and their own mothers that get on that stage HAVE to be actors. No one lives the kind of lives that some of these folks portray. Or, maybe they do. But, how do all of them end up on Maury...........
Well, i've wathced that episode, and i'm also quite confuse about tht...if it's really true or not.
Simply_Ces wrote: Canadinbcn wrote: maury is always paternity tests...they should call it the paternity test show.
Seriously they need to stop that already it's getting annoying..
The women swear up and down that they haven't slept with anyone else. Then they come to the show to get proven wrong and look ignorant, cry, and claim the test is wrong. Doesn't that just have "aggrivating" written all over it. -_-
- I don't know why people feel sorry for the women on the paternity shows, if they hadn't slept around they would'nt be in that situation. And it's stupid when the men that go on there calling the woman a slut when he slept with her too so he's just as bad.
- they feel sorry for them because there being embarised on national tv for mistakes. but the people i feel sorry for are the ones where the wife cheats with her husbans best freinds and as it turns out nether are the father, but yes i think it is real but part of me wants only 50% is real because i can agree that there are so many that make the mistakes after the show being on for over a decade
- Theres nothing more subjective than reality (besides art in all his forms). As far as The Maury show goes , or any other shows that deals with "real" people , I would have to say that yes , they are real to a certain extent. But "real" persons , and realities , does not make good t.v. What I think about it all is that the producers handpick people that they feel are "slightly" emotionally unstable and puts them in "trigger situations" in which they know that the subjects are prone to violently react , wether it be by crying , a sudden outburst of rage or whatever fits the "theme" of the day. So in essence , those people are real but the shows are , in a certain way , scripted.
In my own humble OPINION shows like this are a waste of human intelligence. Its nothing but exploitation as far as I am concerned. Then again, if it weren't for the so-called "guests" that come on these types of shows are just providing fuel for the fire. It is amazing what people will do for a little bit of money. Personally I would like to think that my life is worth more than whatever money these shows so "generously" dole out.
To see so-called adults on the television acting like deranged fool's is very disheartening. No wonder foreigners think most Americans are blubbering idiots.
What really breaks my heart are the paternity shows. These so-called "parents" are putting innocent children and babies in the middle of their petty and childish arguments. Do these people, especially the females, have even an ounce of respect for themselves? It is really confusing to me. You have the so-called mother and father on stage acting like complete idiots. The mother is dissin' the father and the father is dissin' the mother, etc...etc...
I'm a black man and it really hits home when I see other blacks on the TV acting like complete morons. I know some of it has to do with the producers wanting to get the best performance possible out of these people, but that is just "showbiz". I wonder how these people feel when they actually see the show with them on it acting like a bunch of wild animals.
She calls him a Dead-Beat-Good-For-Nothing. Okay. Then why in the world are you on national television trying to force this man to be a father? He calls her a Good-For-Nothing-Whore who has slept with every man in town. Okay. Obviously you were in that line awaiting your turn for a stab at that, though. Right? So stupid. Most of the time you can't even follow what is going on because of all the words they have to bleep out.
All shows like this should be cancelled. No one cares about Lakeisha and the 50 potential men that could be the father of her child. No one cares about Charles and his mummified-pygmy-girlfriend. Well...maybe I would tune in for that last one just to see what a mummified-pygmy woman looks like. :-)