Forums: Talk Shows: Talk Shows that should have never existed...

den942

[41]Feb 5, 2010
    • level: 1
    Better. What the heck is the need for that show. The commercials are better viewing than the show...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Antique22

[42]Aug 15, 2010
    • level: 11

The worst talk show I honestly would have to say would be The Howie Mandel Show and I don't know how it managed to survive three seasons {1998-2000} and gave Howie his only Emmy for Best Talk Show Host. Way before I became obsessed with Howie Mandel my mother and I saw an episode of The Howie Mandel Show once and I couldn't believe my eyes when he would get guests like Britney Spears Jennifer Aniston and just get annoying with them and I just found it surprising that it became a hit show. The second talk show that in my opinion is the worst talk show in the world is The Dr. Oz Show and I do not know why it's such a hit and the main reason I think The Dr. Oz Show is a hit because any show that Oprah Winfrey produces becomes a smash hit talk show and the only friend of Oprah Winfrey's that doesn't have a talk show is her personal chef Rosie Daley and with her bestselling cookbook In The Kitchen With Rosie if she launched a talk show back when her book was released it would've been a hit,

Tiki

dannyta2

[43]Sep 20, 2010
    • level: 6
    wendy williams.... everytime she's featured on the soup, i cringe...

Chipslinger

[44]Sep 26, 2010
    • level: 12

Dr Phil should have never existed. Not just the show, the person.

Magic Johnson is a great guy, but he's no talk show host.

Pat Sajak is incredibly bland and boring making small talk with the guests on Wheel of Misfortune who could never be on Jeopardy. Why would you think he'd be a good talk show host?

Dennis Miller and Chevy Chase. Dennis Miller ruined Monday Night Football with his Agememnon references that people who watch Monday Night Football didn't get. He hasn't been funny in a long time. As a right wing wing nut he has the same problem. Too clever for his fan base. Chevy Chase should have known that taking prat falls isn't the same as hosting a talk show. I like him on Community, as possibly the most annoying of an ensemble cast. He is good in small doses, as a pallate cleanser.

Leno.

Chipslinger

[45]Sep 26, 2010

A lot of people mentioned Jenny Jones. I don't remember watching her show but I do remember that she had a show about secret crushes and she ambushed a guest who came on with a gay man who had a crush on him. Sure, it was supposed to be a surprise, but he was led to believe that it might be a cute female. He was so embarassed and humiliated that he ended up killing the guy, and Jenny was charged in his murder.

I don't agree that Jenny or her producers killed the guy, and they were found legally innocent, but I do think that in the court of public opinion, they had gone over the line in their zeal for ratings. They had lied to him to get him on the show. All talk shows were in a frenzy of competition, and something like this was bound to happen. Jenny got canceled, and it chastened the shows somewhat for a while. The producers had gotten into the habit of lying to people toget them to appear. Jerry Springer is pretty sleazy, and were probably doing that, but I think they changed their policy after the Jenny Jones incident and do tell the guests what is going to happen. If they know what they're getting into, I see nothing wrong with it. The guests on Jerry's shows just want to get on TV.

Oprah also got sued by the Beef Industry, and was found innocent, but perhaps she had also gotten caught up in the chase for sensational shows.

JustinRAn

[46]Dec 29, 2010
    - Lopez Tonight
    - The Wanda Sykes Show
    - Jimmy Kimmel Live
    - Last Call With Carson
    - Late Night with Conan O'Brien

morganferret

[47]Jan 21, 2011

"The Talk" is a dumbed down version of "The View". Leah Remini is so uneducated (I avoided stupid), she embarrasses me. I always enjoyed Leah in "King of Queens" but now realize she wasn't acting.

lvelvis

[48]Jul 6, 2011
    THE TALK and THE view 2 stupid shows with 5 women who have nothing to do , i mean look at the view these woman all talk over each other and don't ever get a point across. And now it seems cbs has copied the view with their weak version called the talk. Barbra walters is way to ol to be horsin around in da barn !