Forums: Television Hardware: cable tv hookup without running coax

cabletvguy

[1]Jan 11, 2009
    • level: 1

I am in search or a way to get cable tv into a room in our house were it is not feasable to run coax cable. I was woundering what options are out there. I have found wireless recievers. I have heard of internet over powerlines. is there something like that for tv?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

EJamison

[2]Feb 9, 2009
    • level: 17

I suppose the TV in that room runs on batteries because if you can get electrical power to a room it would seem feasible to get coax there too.

If you have TiVo in one room connected to a local network you could have a TiVo in the other room connected with wifi. You can transfer programs from one TiVo to the other. You could also record a show in one room on a VCR or DVD and then watch it in another room. I time shift most of my programs anyway.

danharr

[3]Feb 20, 2009
    • level: 45
    Ejamison is right you have to stream you tv in a situation where you can't make a connection to the cable box. If you buy two tivos and connect one to your cable box and the other to the unaccessible tv. If you also have or setup a shared internet connection with a router connected to a broadband aka highspeed connection. The two tivos will see each other and allow you to transfer shows from one to the other. Also you could buy a slingbox which is a device that does the same thing transfer programs to any device remotely.