Forums: Television Hardware: LG 50PC1DRA TV/DVR Combo and Cable Card/Cable Box problems

bsteenburgh

[1]Jul 16, 2010
    • level: 1

I have an LG 50PC1DRA TV/DVR combo. I have had it hooked up to a cable card for a while now. Cable cards suck, don't let anyone tell you differently. The cable provider and supplier say the same darn thing. We have had about 10 service calls in 18 months on it. Anyway, has anyone figured out a way to hook up a cable box to and still have the DVR function adequately. The only way I can think of is to split coax before entering the cable box and have one connected directly to the TV and other to the box and connect the box throught the HDMI input. The drawback is that I will not be able to record anything on digital cable. Does that sound correct?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

crimsonwings1

[2]Aug 8, 2010
    • level: 1
    Hi...i have just started struggling with the same problem. I had to turn my cablecard in because time warner has gone to tru2way and the LG i have only supports monodirection. I had to get a box and i found that hooking it up with the hdmi did not allow me to record anything. I took the hdmi off and directly hooked from the wall to the box to the tv. At that point i was able to record on digital cable with no problem. What i am struggling with is that i lost my picture in picture which i like to use when i record so i know what is going on. I bought component cables and i am going to split with the box as component 1 and then a separate line into the TV...i am hoping that then using input sources i will get my picture in picture back. If you have solved the problem I would appreciate any information...thanks
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.