We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Forums: Television Hardware: Remote control for Circuit City SENS TV unit not working

StickyR

[1]Feb 10, 2009
    • level: 1
    We recently bought a SENS 19in TV/DVD unit from Circuit City and can not get the remote control unit to function at all.There are fresh batteries in the control but no button we press does anything.We can assume the TV is working because the off/on button on the TV itself brings up a SENS screen and a dialog box that we need to manipulate to properly set up the unit. But we can't follow up on any of the set-up requirements without access to the remote control. The product support # 1-888-319-9464 no longer seems to be taking questions or offering other assistance for CC's products and there is no product support information on their website.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

harvey118

[2]Feb 11, 2009
    We just bought a new SENS tv from Circuit City and our problem is programing it for Direct TV. Direct TV doesn't have a code for SENS tvs, and after a lot os jiggling, my wife managed to get them to work together, except the on/off and volume functions don't work through the Direct TV remote. We called Direct TV,and they have nothing on the SENS TV products. All we get on the Circuit City Custmer Service line is a busy signal. So it goes when you buy discounted product "as is" from a store in liquidation. We're just going to live with the two remote control situation. My suggestion for you is to see if a universal remote control will do the trick. Good Luck!

jekyll

[3]Feb 13, 2009
    • level: 86
    I hate to sound harsh, but given Circuit City's bankruptcy, you may be flat-out screwed. Also, it's still possible your TV is the problem. The remote could be functioning fine, but the part that receives the remote's signal inside the TV could be the problem.

godaddyo

[4]Feb 21, 2009
    I purchased the Sens 19 inch tv with built in dvd as well. I did some searching online after getting nowhere with Direct TV and found that you can program the remote using Samsung as the TV and code 10178. I just did this and it worked except for turning off the tv. I found that after I turned off the Direct TV box, it did not turn off the tv or control the built in dvd player, but it did control the volume. I was able to turn off the tv when I held the remote close to the tv and pressed the power button that is in the center of the top of the remote and it turned the tv off. Hope that this works for you.