The Tudors: Blog
Showtime (ended 2010)
Be the first to rate this Show!

Your Score

Show Summary

The Tudors focuses on the life and romances of the young King Henry VIII. The first series takes a... more »

Show Summary [edit]

The Tudors focuses on the life and romances of the young King Henry VIII. The first series takes a look at the often overlooked, early political relationships as well as Henry's trysts with such notable women as Katherine of Aragon and Anne Boleyn.
The second series looks at King Henry's struggle with the Pope over his divorce, and his marriage to Anne Boleyn as well as the creation of the Church of England.
The third series focuses on the people's response to the creation of a new national Church and on the king's third and fourth marriage. The series is shot on location in Ireland. Michael Hirst, writer of the Oscar-winning movie Elizabeth, is the series creator, writer and executive producer.
close

Airs Next in Your Area

For programming details in your area, Edit Settings

Status

Ended

Premiered

Ended

The Tudors: Blog

Production on season two will begin next month in Dublin,

As for "The Tudors," the production is the most expensive series in Showtime's history, though a big chunk of the skein's production costs are offset by the sale of international rights. Net will produce 10 episodes for next season, with creator Michael Hirst once again penning all segs.

Greenblatt said the skein "is right on brand for Showtime."

"Michael Hirst has done a masterful job turning history into relevant and entertaining drama," he added, calling the next chapter of the saga "even more compelling" than the current season.

Production on season two will begin next month in Dublin, with Peace Arch and Ben Silverman's Reveille producing.

Second season will document the marriage of Henry VIII to Anne Boleyn, the birth of daughter Elizabeth, the Reformation and
***SPOILER***

Jonathan Rhys Meyers will return as star of the skein.

Source: variety.com

Posted by expatriot 05/02/2007 8:25am comments: 4

Comments

Type your comment below

• Damn I knew I chose the wrong time to go to Ireland by going last month

• Well for me, I look forward to next season.

• I can barely wait for the second season to begin. Showtime is brilliant!!!

• Yeah, if filming didnt start till June, I'm guessing it will be awhile before it airs. :(

Top Contributors

What is a TV.com Contributor?