A feedback Community

Yep, it's not exactly news. But it is feedback. And who knows? Maybe "Development" only notices when I point it out. Which isn't exactly good organizational planning. But it's TVCom, Jake.

So at least some shows don't have new episodes since at least 5/5/19. And edits aren't going live again, at least not within 24 hours.

Maybe it'll shake out again, maybe it won't. Who knows?
6 Comments
Comments (6)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
2 days ago
Since this site has been a ghost town for the last few years, I've only used it to keep track of my shows and episodes and made a list of all the shows I've finished watching. Now suddenly all my lists are gone. So I guess the last reason to stick around is gone too. Luckily I created a new "already watched" list on another site and migrated all my TV.com info there just a month ago, so my work on this site didn't completely disappear along with the vanished lists.
Flag
2 days ago
Oh, the front "news" is back. Although it's now about 3+ months old.

The My TV Listings" and "Follow Your Shows" is gone.

The "Feedback" forum still doesn't work. Which means that you can't post feedback. Not that CBSI seemed to be reading it (or at least responding) to it in any case.

Whee!
Flag
3 days ago
It looks like new episodes published. Almost two weeks late in some cases, but hey, it's TVCom. It's not like TV shows are a priority.

It corresponds with the feature articles on the front page changing to "only" March 2019. Then again, the community feedback forum has disappeared as of this writing. Although the individual threads are still present. At least right now, this link doesn't work when I click on Feedback on the top.

But others forums like the general TV discussion forum still exist.
http://www.tv.com/topics/general-tv-discussion/community/
I'd say it's weird. But it's TVCom. Everything these days is weird. Maybe CBSI got tired of a feedback forum when all the feedback is a variant on "you suck". Then again, the best way to eliminate "you suck" feedback is to... not suck.
Flag
May 16, 2019
Remember the Raiders of the Lost Ark scene where Indiana is assured by gov't that "top men" were looking after the Ark? Well, this site has been stuck in a CBS warehouse, the members here are inside the crates and the flies buzzing around the crates are the spammers that post in the News section. All we need is a CBS flunky to turn the lights off...
Flag
3 days ago
Dp we even have a News Section anymore? As I write this, they did update the "top 3" stories. Except the most recent is 3/1/19, so "update" might be a bit of a misnomer. But they're newer than that 2018 Cloak & Dagger "featured" piece, so there's that.

"My TV Listings" and "Follow Your Shows" has disappeared (again) as of this writing. So if you can't get TV news or TV listings or follow your favorite TV shows at TVCom... what's the point of coming here again?

Flag
May 14, 2019
It looks like the stuff added over the weekend did publish. So there's that.

But "new" episodes (including some that aired a week or so ago) aren't showing up. So apparently their lack of appearance isn't a publication issue. And since contributors can't add new episodes, that means TVCom will slowly go dead as no new episodes for existing shows are added. Along with the new episodes of new shows that aren't added.

Or maybe someone will do the minimal amount necessary to get them to show up. Although adding new-new episodes seems to be a foregone no-no. Much less approving submissions for them.
Flag