I see that the last vestige of the old technical support and feedback forums is being removed, with contributors being directed to send emails so that no one knows what issues have been uncovered by other users. Does the new protocol also mean that we should forget about sending PMs to staff? My last PM to jessicakroeber, sent before Thanksgiving, is still unread.

This site gets ever harder to love. It's troublesome enough having to download a picture every time I want to start a new post. I honestly don't know whether I can be bothered to resurrect my TheOldBill email account.

5 Comments
Comments (5)
Submit
Staff
Dec 06, 2017
If you need staff's assistance, please email us at support@tv.com. Thanks!
Flag
Dec 06, 2017
How about staff addressing problems here at the site..the current ones? You've never said why you are pushing so hard for members to communicate off site rather than through PM's or here. Does staff even bother going to this site more than once a week?
Flag
Staff
Dec 07, 2017
Just to be clear, I invite you to communicate with other users on the communities, PMs, etc. However you want! But if you need staff assistance, we request an email. Having all requests in a central location will help us be able to quickly identify major problems, and to get back to users in a more efficient manner. Thanks!
Flag
Dec 06, 2017
To be fair, jessicakroeber has always been an advocate for communicating directly by PM/email rather than through the forums/Communities.
Flag
Dec 12, 2017
As someone who's had to do support. I get that emails are WAY easier to sort/tag, prioritize, assign to others, etc. There's probably even an automated ticketing system that's converting the emails into outstanding tasks. So that's fine. I also get that Jessica is helping, and I appreciate her work.

However, to whomever is making these decisions:
From a users persepctive, we're not seeing things get fixed any faster and now we have an added loss of the transparency we had.
There's no seeing what's already been reported and if it's being worked on (which at least partially alleviated the annoyance of having guides not up to date).

Having sent in some emails for missing episodes and not seeing them come in after a couple of days is a bit sad.

At this point I'm ready to give up, I don't want to have to go to my email now and log in just to point out that tonight's episode of The Gifted is missing, since I'm still waiting on other missing already-aired episodes for other shows.

I've lost faith that I can rely on Tv.com to let me know when the next episode of a show will air, its let me down too many times, so it's hard to feel like it's worth my effort to remind them that their new auto-loading (which is why they removed editor access) is NOT loading (or loading incorrectly). Additionally, because episodes are missing so often, I've started using another site to track my ratings for an aired show.

More +
Flag
Follow this Topic
Members