Apologies, as I'm not sure if this is an "issue" or not. Hopefully I'm posting in the right place.

Is TV.com going to create any more Communities? Judging from the site announcements community, the last new ones were created December 2016. So... eleven months ago. Judging from the leaderboards page, there don't seem to be any new ones for the 2017 fall season.

I'd think shows like Young Sheldon and S.W.A.T. would at least warrant a community. Heck, I've been posting review threads pretty regularly for stuff like nu-MacGyver (now on it's second year) and Marvel's Inhumans, in other communities. No communities for them, either. Doesn't 20+ nu-MacGyver threads (posted in old-MacGyver, for lack of anywhere else) wanted a nu-MacGyver community?

There might have been some stuff created in the first half of 2017, it's hard to tell. But tv.com switched from forums to communities, and we were told in part it was because communities were better, and they'd keep getting supported. But... they're not?

I'm sure creating them requires some programming work, but once every six months doesn't seem unreasonable.

Yes? No?
Comments (12)
Submit
Staff
Nov 15, 2017
As always, users are invited to request any communities they'd like to see and we can work on getting them in!
Flag
Nov 15, 2017
If you want a fuller list, based on past and (anticipated) future activity:

Marvel's The Punisher
Vixen
Channel Zero
The Gifted
Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency
Yancy Derringer
Flag
Nov 16, 2017
I suppose you could also add:

Blood Drive

Since there was a lot of community activity for that, that ended up in General. It's cancelled, but since communities have been made of cancelled shows before, I'm not sure if that's a criteria or not.
Flag
Staff
Nov 30, 2017
Thanks. We'll get these on our list!
Flag
Nov 15, 2017
Where do we make the requests? TV.com Feedback, or email?

You can consider the four above (Inhumans, Young Sheldon, S.W.A.T., nu-MacGyver) requests. Thanks!
Flag
Staff
Nov 30, 2017
Hi @Gislef, as I've explained....if you need staff's assistance, please email us at support@tv.com. If I reply to your post or comment asking info, you can reply back but in general if you want to start talking with us about something, email us. Thanks
Flag
Dec 02, 2017
For what it's worth, I typically post in the community feedback to give feedback to the community, not just to you. Or read here for that feedback. For instance, if @Maritimer00 has publication issues, I'd like to know about it because it affects me and other editors as well. Alternately, if it's just him, I'd think he'd like to know it.

If it's something that only affects me, I'd use PMs or email to just you. A missing episode, a gaming editor, whatever.

The feedback community seems to be the only way we can really talk among ourselves, about issues that effect the community. Unless there's something else we can use? I'll try to avoid starting conversations with you here, and you can basically figure any question I ask is rhetorical. It's nice that you want to answer, but it's up to you if you do or not. As long as the problem is fixed, you don't need to say anything as far as I'm concerned.

Hope that helps. Thanks!
Flag
Dec 07, 2017
Okay. But I don't need or want a response if I'm reporting publication issues.

So emails are for non-response publication issues and response issues. Got it.
Flag
Staff
Dec 07, 2017
@Gislef - if you are having site problems like with publication, you should alert staff via email. Thanks
Flag
Nov 30, 2017
But if I give feedback, I don't need you to reply to me, or it's something I want to talk about. If it's a bug, just fix it: no discussion necessary unless you want to start some.

I no doubt phrase things as (rhetorical) questions sometime. But when I ask why there aren't any more communities, I'm not asking for a reply. I just want to see... well, more communities. :)
Flag
Dec 07, 2017
@jessicakroeber:

See my other posts, but sometimes it's rhetorical and sometimes it's questions addressed to the community. Like "Hey, here's a problem: is it just me or are other people seeing it as well?" Like with publication.

I thought that was what the TV.com Feedback Community was for, providing and getting feedback to the community.
Flag
Staff
Dec 07, 2017
There is definitely a misunderstanding then, since I see posts like this and think you are asking for the reason, like asking for staff's assistance. But now that I know you are just posting a rhetorical question, I can keep that in mind. Thanks
Flag
Follow this Topic
Members