Just curious..the TV.com support email addy Jessica pushed relentlessly before she bailed for whatever employer saw fit to hire her...has anyone actually received a response since her departure? I've written, and I know others have, in the last 4-6 weeks and haven't heard a thing.
9 Comments
Comments (9)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Apr 14, 2018
Tangent:
by the way, I don't know who it was but for some tv show there was a "fake" episode that was added to the guide (it was not an episode that aired) and someone wrote an "episode summary" that was basically "this is a fake episode. It did not air."
Which was helpful, cuz I used to depend on the episode guides (until they got so bad) for which episodes I needed to catch up on, so I would've been searching for that! (It might've been for Black Lightning... I can't remember.)

I might start submitting something like that if it wouldn't annoy the editors of the show.
Flag
Apr 14, 2018
Tbh, I had mused about tagging duplicate eps added to guides I edit to help editing/aid for future deletion (ha!). Something like "DUPLICATE" for ep. summary. A thankless task but that, or walk away from the site I spent far too long working at...
Flag
Apr 13, 2018
Several weeks ago I sent in my third request to have duplicates removed from an old guide. I got a response within a day that said "We'll look at it and see what we can do..." and they did nothing. I send another after that and have heard nothing. So I added some things, deleted some things, did what I could but it took nearly two weeks for someone to "kick the queues" for them to go to the public side. tvDOTcom is on life support and one day someone is going to decide to pull the plug. I hope all of you have backed up your data.
Flag
Apr 12, 2018
I've submitted a number of requests for the addition of new episodes and the deletion of new duplicates. None of these have been dealt with since jessicakroeber left the building. She may have been half-hearted, distracted, obstructive and limited, but she was better than nothing!

Neither have any of my submissions been approved by staff since they did a whole bunch in response to my snarky MIA editor email. That's around four weeks' worth.
Flag
Apr 11, 2018
No replies to my PMs - other than the canned blah blah blah - and other than a few missing episodes showing up for existing shows there have been no fixes to episodes with wrong titles or wrong episode numbers or even the removal of duplicate episodes. Nothing happening to my requests for new shows needing episodes, e.g., CBS' Instinct and Starz' Barry.
Flag
Apr 11, 2018
Did Jessica ever really do anything "relentlessly"? That might be giving her and her superiors too much credit.

Although I suppose a half-dozen times is "relentlessly" by comparison. If she had spent as much time promoting the site and the users, as she spent promoting the "new" email system, TVCom might make enough money to have paid its bills.
Flag
Apr 11, 2018
Nope. New episodes showed up for Krypton, too.
Flag
Apr 11, 2018
The first time I sent in a correction (right after she left) I got a response that something had been fixed (one of the endless incorrect loading of Daily Show or dupe episodes on something else, I forget one).
Since that one time, I've sent in about 3-4 emails, each listing about 10-14 mistsakes (I send one email a week with all the mistakes).
Since then, for about a month or so, I've heard Nothing and NOT A SINGLE correction (other than episodes finally showed up for a new show Deception, while still missting for several other new shows).
At this point it seems like no one is working on this site anymore. :(
Flag
Apr 11, 2018
That sounds about right.
Flag
Follow this Topic
Members