Yes, TVCom "Development" added something. And it's an improvement! I think...

Or maybe it's just me. Has anyone else seen this when they try to add a link?

We can now select "Class". What the "Class" is, I have no idea. When you click on it, after a several-second wait, you get an interminable list of lots o'stuff. What any of the stuff is or does, I have no idea.

Of course, this is TVCom so it might disappear today. Or tomorrow. Or in a week, or a month, or a year.

It's good to know that "Development" is adding stuff that we (well, I) have no idea what it is, they can't be bothered to explain, and apparently serves no useful function. As opposed to moderating the ever-expanding list of subs to non-editor shows. Or adding episodes to newer shows with no episodes listed. Or removing all the bogus episodes the system adds. Or adding actual stuff that would help contributors. Or... well, any real development.
14 Comments
Comments (14)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Jun 23, 2019
When you guys tried to log in did you get a message that all profile data will be deleted by May 7th 2019 and that we should use Metacritic to review individual episodes of TV shows?

If so here's my problem: where on Metacritic can I review specific TV episodes? I rated an episode of TNG and it immediately asked if I wanted to review it. I clicked out but when I go back in I can't see a write a review section. Do you guys have any answers as to why TV.com hasn't been shut down yet and where on Metacritic can TV episodes be reviewed?
Flag
Jun 24, 2019
I got that message too.. But why did it come seven weeks after it was supposed to happen?
Flag
Jun 24, 2019
Exactly. Have tried Metacritic again and it turns out you can still add reviews but you need to re-rate TV episode first. No big deal. My biggest concern is that Metacritic doesn't allow big reviews, only paragraph size reviews which is annoying.

It would however be nice to have an idea when TV.com clears its data for real.
Flag
Jun 05, 2019
Huh....checked in here on June 2 and got massive 404 messages everywhere..profiles, news, communities...these persisted into Monday. For fun, sent in an email that was very pointed about this degradation and seeming final gutting of the site. Just now, I managed to log back in. So, revert to normal but is the writing on the wall?
Flag
Jun 06, 2019
I think the writing has been on the wall for some time...lol.
Flag
May 26, 2019
Hi Gislev,
Not sure if you'll remember me, I've not been around for a long time, obvioulsy because the site has fallen into utter disrepair. Anyway, I'm hoping there is someway of setting up a new community and I was hoping some dedicated folks such as yourself and dhaworth and I have an email address for edshrinker, would be up for helping me set up something new.
If you are interested in this please email me at trevorplatt [at] hotmail [dot] co [dot] uk
If you are in contact with any others who may be interested feel free to contact them about this too.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Trev.
ps. You deserve a medal for your continued contributions to this site!
Flag
Jun 06, 2019
Hey Trev,
You're more than welcome to join us as well. (At least if it's the community you had in mind.) We've been gradually growing and adding features based on everyone's feedback for some time now. Such an undertaking is successful by the virtue of motivated people like yourself and Gislef.
Flag
Jun 06, 2019
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Jun 06, 2019
Hi Trev! TV.Maze has lists of your watched shows, user content as well as super user Gislef!
Flag
Jun 06, 2019
Several of us are at TvMaze, Trev, though I've not been active there in a while due to health issues.
Flag
May 25, 2019
I've not tried to add a link in many many months. I question why in the CBSI world would they focus any attention on something so seemingly useless as that, when there are so many broken things to fix or improve. If we could just touch base with someone who actually works there and start a conversation...
Flag
May 25, 2019
Which was kind of my point. :)
I add links pretty regularly, for a variety of reasons. Adding links to other TV shows and movies when doing cultural allusions, for instance. Even though the movie side of TVCom is screwed up and has been pre-Jessica departure. For instance, did you know Harrison Ford wasn't Indiana Jones, according to his person page?

http://www.tv.com/people/harrison-ford/

Although the movie page at TVCom lists him.

http://www.tv.com/movies/raiders-of-the-lost-ark/

Linking to actors mentioned by name, also.
Flag
May 28, 2019
I've used links a lot on my other profiles in the past. Just on my one currently running show is reality with no actors so I don't bother creating thousands of new profiles of real people who will have one listing.

Flag
May 28, 2019
I don't understand. Creating links doesn't create profile pages.

Adding actors to episodes does create profile pages, yes. But I figure that if they appear one place, most of them will appear in another. Maybe another show I edit, maybe the same show, maybe a show someone else edits. Might as well create them. Rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic, probably, but it's pretty minimal work.
Flag
May 29, 2019
Sorry, brain fart. Left the creation part out. So it should I been that I don't want to create thousands of new profiles of people who will only have one entry and then put their links in the summary. It's a time issue for me as well as a health thing. Going through radiation treatments for prostate cancer just saps all of my energy.
Flag
May 25, 2019
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Follow this Topic
Members