First of all, is it just me or does the login/password system fail pretty regularly? These days about every 2-3 days i'll be in the middle of going to my editor moderation queue, or a show page, or the front page, and I'll be informed I'm no longer logged in. I try to log in with the "Remember me" button checked but it tells me it's an invalid password. When I do enter my password manually, my browser asks me if I want to update the password (I use Firefox). Which I do. But... since it's updated in Firefox, shouldn't it stop logging me out and/or remember what my password is? The next time it happens... repeat and rinse. That didn't used to happen once a year, much less once a week.

On the article front, the front page still hasn't updated. TVGuide does: Lindsay McDonald has a Flash article from last night for instance. Google it with "Nora West-Allen's Origins Story is...": I'm not going to provide a link to it. So CBSI isn't even bothering to pretend to import articles these days. Not that their comment system seems to work there. I suppose it makes too much sense to post the article where people can comment on it.

And of course, publication drags on. And on. And on...
10 Comments
Comments (8)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Jun 05, 2019
I have been unable to log into this site for a few days, as have the 6 of us still frequenting the "What to Watch" site referenced below by TesserT. I sent a message to the keepers of the CBS Interactive Facebook page asking if anyone was still breathing over here and now suddenly we can all log in again. Coincidence? Who knows?
Flag
Jun 05, 2019
Essentially, we're seeing what happens to a site when the people owning it but the minimal and financial effort to keep it afloat. No moderation, technical assistance that is days late and only in response to issues after they've happened. As opposed to "preventative maintenance". No response to queries. No public or private engagement.
Flag
Jun 05, 2019
Yep, I've had the same issue. Also, if you came onto the site and checked shows (when you could: sometimes I got 404 errors or the equivalent), it said there were no contributors.

My guess would be that someone noticed and kicked a server somewhere. So it's working until the next time it doesn't work. Maybe they're reading the Facebook page. If they didn't respond to you on FB, it seems unlikely they read it. But who knows?
Flag
Jun 06, 2019
There was an automated note attached to the Messenger message I sent which reads "Seen at 5am" so it appears someone saw it.  But as with all things here, no acknowledgement of any sort.
Flag
May 27, 2019
thank you so much for this article and we are lucky for unscramble words solver game provides us and best learning power
Flag
May 01, 2019
I've not had the problem of being logged out and then not able to log in. I use FF64.0.2, an older version (from Jan. 2019) because of a hack that allows users to keep the tabs below the bookmark bar. FF65x and FF66x won't. My issue is just getting signed in, and that's been going on for a year or more. I'll get to the sign in page, then click the log in and nothing happens. So I have to refresh the page, try again, sometimes it only takes one refresh, sometimes two or three. But after I'm in I can stay in. Goofy site!
Flag
Apr 25, 2019
Today is the first day this article showed up for me to view - even though it's been posted for 9 days! I also use Firefox and even though the site twice told me I wasn't logged in anymore, it did let me log back in automatically without incident.
One article "What to Watch" - kept up for years by a few of us - will keep posts from appearing for weeks at a time. Sometimes I can only see my posts but, although it turns out, no one else can. And then bam all of the posts will show up! It may be tied to the times when the site freezes publications.
Flag
Follow this Topic
Members