Lifetime has a long tradition of delivering fresh made-for-TV holiday movies throughout the season, as does everybody’s favorite teen witch Melissa Joan Hart. So it shouldn't be a surprise that they’re together again and premiering the latest edition, A Very Merry Toy Store, on November 26th.

This time around, Melissa is at odds with a co-star favorite Mario Lopez, as each runs their family-owned toy stores. The two rivals must come together in order to save their businesses before Christmas, when Roy (played by Mike & Molly’s Billy Gardell) and his henchwoman Miss Halifax (played by Cameron Meyer) come to town with their big-box store. And, of course Melissa and Mario also discover romance along the way – I mean, this is a Lifetime movie.

Wondering where you’ve seen Cameron Meyer before? Well, the actress has worked twice before with Melissa and her director/producer mother Paula Hart: first, as a guest star on the series finale of Melissa & Joey; and then in the Lifetime holiday movie, Santa Con. Of course, Cameron has also had roles on television shows that don’t star Melissa, including Criminal Minds, The Mentalist, Hart of Dixie, and Monk among others.

I recently caught up with Cameron Meyer to find out more about her latest role as Miss Halifax.

What can you tell us about your role in the Lifetime movie A Very Merry Toy Store?

CAMERON MEYER: I am one of the bad guys -- I play Billy Gardell's henchwoman. We are business partners, but also partners in crime.

How was it working alongside comedy veteran Billy Gardell?

CM: Billy is very funny in his role as Roy Barnes, and would crack everyone up between takes as well with improvised lines. He was very supportive of me, and did things like surprise the cast and crew with an ice cream truck on set. He's that guy.

Any fun stories from the set you can share with us?

CM: In all our scenes, Paula Hart (the director) kept telling me to stand closer to Billy-- like I'm always right behind him. She even added me into one of Roy's scenes that my character, Miss Halifax, wasn't originally in. So Roy and Miss Halifax have this hilarious codependent thing going on.

Be honest – did playing ‘bad’ feel really good?

CM: It was a relief to be bad. You don't have to worry about being liked, and your job as an actor is very clear: to create problems for the good guys. Plus, I got to wear amazing outfits!

What’s been the biggest lesson you took away from the opportunity?

CM: My shoot days were spread out over a few weeks, so it was a lesson in staying focused when I had a day off. This is a great cast and I wanted to make sure I brought my A game, so I went to the gym a lot and really tried to take care of myself. But you have to take breaks too -- a little retail therapy never hurts.

Got anything else coming up we can watch for the near future?

CM: I am currently waiting to hear about a role in a pilot I am up for. And if Lifetime wants to make a spinoff movie about Roy and Miss Halifax, I'd be all over it.

Fans can find out more about Cameron Meyer at www.cameronmeyer.com
Or on Twitter: @cameronmeyer1 / Instagram: @cameronmeyer1

photos courtesy: Hartbreak Films / Lifetime / Cameron Meyer
12 Comments
Comments (12)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Dec 03, 2017
i love that
awesome
Flag
Nov 27, 2017
This was a really fun movie! High marks to Cameron, she OWNED that role! Not familiar with her other work but I read this interview and put the movie on my calendar! Will definitely look for more from this talented actress!
Flag
Nov 25, 2017
The Divine Miss M — Meyer, not Midler! Cameron’s one of the best actresses you’ve never heard of..but that’s gonna change! We saw her in a Xmas movie from a couple years ago (also with MJ Hart) and she was awesome!! Made a real impression in just one scene!! Hope she’s got more to do in this one though, LOL!! Can’t wait!!
Flag
Nov 25, 2017
Saw Cameron Meyer on the LA stage several times. A beautiful and talented young woman. The real thing.
Flag
Nov 26, 2017
What stage plays?! Musical? Drama? Both?
Flag
Nov 26, 2017
No musicals, just drama and comedy. Always gives a smart, layered performance. Saw her in Chekhov’s ThreeSisters like in 2010 or 11 and a new comedy a couple years later — http://articles.latimes.com/2013/sep/12/entertainment/la-et-cm-bells-of-west-87th-20130910
Flag
Nov 26, 2017
I know Cameron!
Flag
Nov 26, 2017
How do you know her?
Flag
Follow this Topic
Members