We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Wait, I'm not jaded about Valentine's Day, I swear. Okay, okay, you win. I'm not a big fan. How could you tell?

I generally believe that you should treat your loved ones well EVERY day, not just on February 14th. But my personal feelings aside, let's face it: this is a big weekend for going to the movies. Whether you need to figure out what to do on a date or you need to figure out where to cry in the dark (I'm kidding...kind of), the cinema is a perfect option!

So what's your VDay movie of choice? Romcom (gag!), action movie, or tear-jerker? You certainly have your pick! Let's take a look at some of the bigger releases and then vote below!

Robocop

This is a great one to pick if you want to impress your guy or if you just want to well, have fun this year! There's nothing wrong with not being sappy on Valentine's Day. Enjoy action movies? Be true to yourself! This one gets the Jessica seal of approval.

About Last Night

I'm not going to lie, I will probably Netflix this movie late at night when I'm drinking wine. This is a remake, if you'll believe it. The director is responsible for some movies I really love, and I have a soft spot for ensemble cast romcoms so I'm not going to completely rule this one out. RENT (with wine)!

Endless Love

Another remake! Seriously, did ANYONE have an original idea this February? This one is very Romeo & Juliet. Intense first love and the brutal world that tries to keep the two young lovers apart. Yadda yadda. I will also rent this one. I won't lie to you guys. I even put the original one on my Netflix queue already. If you are young, single, and love dreaming about prince charming (& bad boys!), this may be a good option for you.

Winter's Tale

Barf. I'd have to have a lot of wine to sit through this one. Probably best to just read the book.

poll
41 Comments
Comments (41)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
We saw "Winter's Tale". My wife laughed hysterically at WIll Smith's cameo as Lucifer, which was intended to be deadly serious. That's about the only enjoyment we derived from it: steer clear, folks!
Flag
Staff
Good to know! Thanks for letting us know how it was!
Flag
Earlier in the week my girlfriend & I made a deal: neither of us were free for V-day nor do either of us care for it, but we agreed this Wednesday that If I cook & provide the drinks, she would clean & provide the weed; then we will flip a coin to decide if we watch "Made in Heaven" or "The Exorcist"
Seems pretty win-win from every direction, huh?

Flag
Staff
Ha, sounds like a great night!
Flag
My husband and I have been married for 28 years. This Valentine's evening, after our daughters went to bed, we cut up some cheese for crackers, poured a couple of glasses of wine...and watched the last episode of "The Walking Dead" that we couldn't see Sunday. We were thinking of "Date Night" (Steve Carell & Tina Fey), but remembered that TWD started back up.
Flag
Muriel's Wedding is an excellent choice for an anti-Valentine's event (well, and its just awesome in general)
Flag
Staying home,not interested in the new releases at the theater.Anyway, best way to forget it's Valentine's Day is open up a bottle of wine and delve into pure escapism,tonight I'm going old school and have a marathon of classic cult movies which are....Flash Gordon(hey,at least it's got two people who fall in love in another galaxy),followed by Big Trouble in Little China and if I haven't finished the bottle yet and ain't too drunk,going to finish my marathon with Blade Runner.Keeping it simple this year.
Flag
It would be the Lego Movie were it out in Australia yet, so I think I'll settle for a Robocop marathon before watching the remake.

Funnily enough though, my roommate and I have been working our way through the Hannibal films (in anticipation for the next season of the show) and we're up to Silence of the Lambs, and we'll probably watch it tonight. It's a very romantic movie for Valentine's Day, don't you think?
Flag
Hey...eat your heart out... :D
Flag
That first time the young innocent FBI agents eyes meet those of the psychopathic cannibal through the toughened safety glass of his solitary prison... Simply magical.
Flag
Staff
Oh yes, that's a great option ;)

I'm a big fan of horror myself, so I wish a horror movie was coming out this year! I'd do that one, for sure.
Flag
Doesn't House of Card become available on 2/14/14? Screw the movies, we will be watching House of Cards
Flag
Staff
Good option if you'd rather hang out on your own couch. I AM a pretty big fan of my couch!
Flag
Yeah, Sweatpants, Netflix, and Chinese food(The perfect singles valentines day!)
Flag
I agree with you it's almost Singles Awareness Day!
But to answer your question: The Notebook
Flag
Staff
Ahhh you're going old school tearjerker! Good luck! ;)
Flag
old gal ,old school
Flag
I can't wait for robo cop I wasn't 100% sold on the original so I'm hoping this will be better! and I know it sounds ridiculous but I'm interested in seeing endless love I'm an horror syfy action girl all the way but every now and again something squshy just hits the spot
Flag
Staff
I so agree. Every so often, I want something squishy too! I am a fan of the original Robocop but I have high hopes for this one too.
Flag
I share my birthday with Valentines day, so i make it a point to a movie that is un valentines. Safe house, Die Hard, this year Robocop fits the bill.
Flag
Happy Birthday!
Flag
Staff
I am a big fan of the anti-VDay action film trend!
Flag
Follow this Topic
Members