With some help from Grumpyclown...

With the Best of 2013 poll almost coming to an, the awards for The Blowies given out at the start of the week and all the TV.com staff picks popping up, my teeny tiny brain (gee, thanks Grumpyclown) started to come up some other questions that wouldn't really fit in with an end of year article or poll.

To save everyone some hassle, I decided to limit this first post to 20 questions - I have more, but right now 20 seems like a good number.

If you come up with any questions, feel free to drop me a message and I'll do another 20 questions when I have them

Some of these questions are similar or the same as ones previously asked by TV.com before we had the communities. Some of the questions are just ones that popped into my mind or Grumpyclown's "mind"...lol. No pressure to answer all the questions but I'd love to read everyone's answers.

1. What is the most recent show/scene that made you laugh out loud?

2. What is the most recent show/scene to made you tear up/cry/get leaky eyes?

3. What show/scene boiled your blood (pissed you off)?

4. What show/scene made you feel all mushy (aka feel good/happy)?

5. What TV scene from what show will you never forget?

6. What show(s) are or were popular but you never got around to watching it?

7. If you would bring back one show and one character what/who would it be?

8. If you could rewrite one scene/death/plot twist what would it be and how would you change it?

9. What movie would be a good TV show?

10. What character do you think best represents the real you?

11. What characters from what show(s) you would like to kill, marry or fuck?

12. What time period or historical event/person "deserves" a show----like Attila the Hun, Pol Pot, Elvis, Marie Curie, Rasputin, etc...?

13. What book/comic would make a good TV show?

14. What genre would you like to see more of on TV?

15. What show would you do a spin off and with whom?

16. What character is misused?

17. Which older actor/actress would you like to see on TV?

18. If you could be any character in a TV show who would you be?

19. What stand up comedian should get his/her own show?

20. Are american TV shows too "puritan" about showing the human body?

Comments (142)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Probably Supernatural. Mainly for the Dean-isms and Cas-isms.

Crixus' death in Spartacus: War of the Damned.

Red Wedding from GoT.

The Day of the Doctor's last few minutes. Classic Who.

Probably the finale from Spartacus: War of the Damned. Just for the scale and the emotion of it.

Breaking Bad and Mad Men. Wish I had time to go back and watch them.

Toughie. Possibly a revamped X-Files for the modern era.

8. If you could rewrite one scene/death/plot twist what would it be and how would you change it?
The end of season 4 of the West Wing, when Zoe Bartlet gets kidnapped. I always wished Jed Bartlet would pick up the phone and say "Get me Jack Bauer."

The Avengers. Oh wait...everyone thought it would be a good TV show and it wasn't.
Inception.

Rick Castle. I'm a writer who loves a mystery.

Kill: Joffrey. DIE, JOFFREY, DIE!!
Marry: Kaylee from Firefly
Fuck: Illythia from Spartacus

12. What time period or historical event/person "deserves" a show----like Attila the Hun, Pol Pot, Elvis, Marie Curie, Rasputin, etc...?
Biblical Old Testament - particularly the Saul/David/Solomon era. Done in the style of Rome or Spartacus.

I just finished the Lost Fleet series of books and think they would translate well in a similar style to Battlestar Galactica. Alternatively the Jack Reacher books (without lame Tom Cruise) could work.

Space-based futuristic sci-fi. We don't have anything good since BSG finished.

I saw somewhere someone tossed around the idea of having a Supernatural prequel set around Samuel Colt in the old West. That would have been pretty cool.

As someone else said, the Laurel Lance in Arrow is laaaaame.

Patrick Stewart needs to come back to a regular TV show.

Cal Lightman from Lie to Me.

Eddie Izzard

20. Are american TV shows too "puritan" about showing the human body
Not the ones I've seen.

More+
Flag
Yay! Another Spartacus fan;-)
best answer ""Get me Jack Bauer." PERFECT!
Flag
I'm assuming most of these are referring to shows this year.

1. What is the most recent show/scene that made you laugh out loud? On Justified, basically anytime Art throws a tantrum, and admiring Drew Thompson for doing some "badass shit."

2. What is the most recent show/scene to made you tear up/cry/get leaky eyes? I haven't really cryed over a show, but I was devastated when Richard Harrow died on Boardwalk. Another was the phone call Walter White made to Skylar.

3. What show/scene boiled your blood (pissed you off)? Lee Toric killing that hooker in his hotel room from SoA, and Sam Healy ignoring Piper's cries for help on OiTNB.

4. What show/scene made you feel all mushy (aka feel good/happy)? The final moments of Breaking Bad.

5. What TV scene from what show will you never forget? I'll never forget the entire Ozymandias episode, specifically the phone call. Oh and the Red Wedding of course. Of all time though, I will never forget Tony Soprano brutally murdering Ralph.

6. What show(s) are or were popular but you never got around to watching it? Mad Men

7. If you would bring back one show and one character what/who would it be? I would of loved to see more Carnivale. As for a character, I would like to see Opie come back on SoA.

8. If you could rewrite one scene/death/plot twist what would it be and how would you change it? This is kind of cheating, but I would change Clay's death. I would have him die when Opie shot him at close range on season 4, like he fucking should have!

9. What movie would be a good TV show? The Matrix

10. What character do you think best represents the real you? I really have to think about that. For right now, I'll go with Richard Harrow.

11. What characters from what show(s) you would like to kill, marry or fuck? I would kill Gemma from SoA, marry Pam from True Blood, and fuck Cosima from Orphan Black, but since she is a lesbian, I guess next in line would be Sarah.

12. What time period or historical event/person "deserves" a show----like Attila the Hun, Pol Pot, Elvis, Marie Curie, Rasputin, etc...? Sengoku period of Japan.

13. What book/comic would make a good TV show? The Jack Ryan books.

14. What genre would you like to see more of on TV? Horror, actual horror

15. What show would you do a spin off and with whom? True Blood with Eric and Pam. Throw in Jessica and Lafayette too.

16. What character is misused? Lafayette Reynolds

17. Which older actor/actress would you like to see on TV? Michelle Pfeiffer

18. If you could be any character in a TV show who would you be? Raylan Givens

19. What stand up comedian should get his/her own show? Patton Oswalt

20. Are american TV shows too "puritan" about showing the human body? Yes

I cheated on a lot of these, and some of them are kind of half-assed. Referring to my answers of course, not Vicky's questions, which were a great choice of questions.

More+
Flag
1. I rarely laugh out loud any more. I've become jaded. But I did laugh a lot when I watched The Big Fat Quiz of the Year 2013 yesterday.
2. Sometimes the fact that a show ends makes me tear up. Not necessarily the ending itself, but the knowledge that it's gone. The last time might have been during the ending of Spartacus.
3. So many options, but the last time I remember being really mad was when watching Bones. In that show there are some really frustrating scenes in which Bones is expected to change her rational way of perceiving things and be more irrational, while Booth's emotional reactions are automatically considered more natural. Why are they looking down on her just for trying to think clearly? Why isn't Booth ever expected to be more rational like Bones?
4. The most recent show has to be Bunheads.
5. This is an expected answer, but I have to choose Fringe.
6. I actually have a list on TV.com of shows that I recognize are great, but which I never began watching. They are Mad Men, Breaking Bad (but I promise, I will watch it at some point), The Americans and Scandal. There are surely many more, like Downton Abbey, but I'm not interested in them.
7. Tough one. OK, I'm still going to stick with this answer, even though I always use it: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. The cancellation of a show like this meant throwing away so much potential for good stories. It's difficult to choose a person to bring back, because most of the good ones were part of shows that have ended, so the characters have no show to return to. And some good characters you simply don't want to see resurrected, because their story lines had proper endings, worthy of their greatness. But I'll choose Chuck (Anna Friel) from Pushing Daisies. (Wow, that's a pretty random choice.)
8. This is a difficult one. There are literally thousands of scenes out there, just from last year. I'll pick the death of Tricia (Madeline Brewer) in Orange is the New Black. That came a little bit too soon. There was more to tell about her, so they could have saved her death for later.
9. It 's hard to choose a film that would last potentially for several seasons on TV, but it's very easy to pick a mini-series. Action series and thrillers would work the best as TV series, so I'm just going to say that I would like to see District 9 as a TV show. I'm not even going to try to pick a film to be remade as a mini-series.
10. Based on looks, alcohol consumption and how active my sex life is, I resemble Sterling Archer in Archer. (Hence the profile pic.) In every other way I'm like Tessa (Jane Levy) in Suburgatory.
11. Marry first, then kill: Cersei (Lena Headey) in Game of Thrones; fuck first, then marry: Max (Kat Dennings) in 2 Broke Girls; kill first, then fuck: Mindy (Mindy Kaling) in The Mindy Project. (Too much information? I do visit a therapist. I swear.)
12. Oh, good question! I would love to see a Japanese show with the quality and budget of an American production that would portray Medieval Japan. Kind of like a mixture of The Borgias, Da Vinci's Demons, The Tudors and the action visuals of Spartacus, but in Japanese. This would give me a glimpse outside my Western centred world-view.
13. I'm not that into comic books, so I don't have a lot of ideas from that world, but I would like to see Modesty Blaise on screen, both TV and film.
14. Sci-fi.
15. Not a big fan of spin-offs, for various reasons. If I had to say one, I'd say a spin-off of Glee. A more mature version with the kids in their late 20s.
16. Only one?! You know what? F*ck these restrictive rules that curb our freedoms. I will pick several characters! Just try to stop me. Here they are: 1) Juliette (Bitsie Tulloch) in Grimm, 2) Valerie (Minka Kelly) in Almost Human, 3) Angela (Michaela Conlin) in Bones, 4) Winston (Lamorne Morris) in New Girl, 5) Dalia (Carly Chaikin) in Suburgatory. The reason why most on the list are women is because female characters are so often relegated to supporting characters while male characters are written to be the active ones.
17. I guess "on TV" means as a regular character on show, not just as a guest star. And I wonder what older means? Oh, well...here goes: Holly Hunter (she's 55, I think that's "older" in Hollywood years, at least for a woman) and Michael Keaton (62).
18. Bear (Person of Interest). This doesn't need an explanation.
19. "Own show" is a little fuzzy. It depends on the type of show who would be most deserving. Would they be writers or actors? Some are really good at writing jokes, but would probably not amount to much in front of a camera. Can they have been on shows before, or must they be "TV biz virgins"? Also, some really good choices are already on TV. Anyway, these two deserve to be stars of their own shows: Chelsea Peretti, even though she already is on Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Jason Mantzoukas as the male choice.
20. All network shows. Yeah, go ahead, show all the negative aspects about life like death, destruction, torture and the lot, Those are healthy images we want to pass on to the younger generation, right? But do not make the mistake of showing positive things, like the natural human body, love, passion, pleasurable sex, etc. Because that would be crazy! Why do we love negative imagery but find positive imagery embarrassing or disgusting? [Rant over.]

More+
Flag
LOL~you didn't read my answers where I broke all the rules and said people could break them. As if I could enforce the "rules". My inner teen (when I was rebellious) still surfaces with the attitude of "rules were meant to be broken" and "it's easier to ask for forgiveness then permission"...not that any one needs my permission~ I'm not a complete egomaniac;-) I also included a "disclaimer" on the "older" actors/actresses answer.

You perfectly summed up my views on Bones. Also there was that spiritual episode that annoyed me last season. Not because spirituality was included but how Bones was written (something) in that episode. I like logical Bones and do wish people would stop acting like something is wrong with her. Booth needs to grow up just like Castle needs to grow up (I haven't seen this season's Castle). I don't mind a man-child character but in a "serious" show they should show more growth then what has been show (Castle actually regressed last season which is why I haven't watched this season).

Great answers all around. I agree with the last one but I will spare you the "evil nipple" rant I have...well, maybe a little...what is so wrong with the female nipple? You can see violence, guts, blood and even guy's nipples but Janet Jackson accidentally flashes her nipple and the whole country goes crazy...WTF? What's wrong with nipples....that was the short version of my rant;-)

More +
Flag
Yeah, oops, I didn't read your answers. Naughty, ignorant me.

And it appears I also misread question #13. It wasn't just about comic books but also books. Hmm...I have moved on from novels during recent years, so I haven't really read much fiction lately. And even when I did read more fiction, most books were detective novels not really fit for TV. So I don't really have any good suggestions for books that could be adapted for TV. However, one series of books I'm expecting to be made into a series of low-budget TV movies sometime in the future is the Alphabet Series by Sue Grafton, even though it's not something I'm hoping for. It just seems like the kind of book series that gets the TV movie treatment and then the films are broadcast on some minor networks as filler material for the next few decades.
Flag

- I watched a good deal of the New Year's Eve Happy Endings marathon, so laughing out loud was pretty much a given.

- Breaking Bad's Ozymandius, though I can't tell you if it was the result of sadness, fear or anger.

- Homeland's season 3, episode 4 "twist" was so insulting to the viewer that I still wonder why I didn't have the strength not to quit on the spot.

- Too many of these to count, but since it's coming back on the air, Shameless is good for two or three of these moments per season.

- Lost's flash forward finale. Even though I wish I had stopped watching at that point, it was fantastic.

- Sons of Anarchy, and from what I've heard about this past season, it's not likely I'm going to put in the time to catch up.

- I don't think most shows should be revived, but I'd like to see a second season of Terriers with a fresh storyline.

- Tough one. I would have loved a crack at larger issues like resolving The West Wing's season 4 cliffhanger or making sense of Lost's mythology. Single scenes I generally have less of an issue with as a show can always recover from a misstep.

- 1992's Sneakers! I wrote about it here.

- A single character? I think fictional characters generally have to be too flawed for most realistic human beings to feel represented, but I could probably pick out someone from The West Wing for their stubbornness.

- With far too many shows to choose from, let's go with Happy Endings... K: Penny, M: Jane, F: Alex.

Tough one. How about Winston Churchill? Otherwise, any Revolutionary War figure would do. I'm hoping for great things from AMC's Turn.

- I'll have to defer to comic book experts here, but I'd imagine the DC Universe is going to expand on TV over the next few years.

- Well-crafted mystery, even if it's only a single plotline in a larger show. It's tough to pull off in a satisfying way over the course of a full season, but Justified's Drew Thompson arc was a recent standout.

- Anyone from Happy Endings, with the same style and as many cameos from the original cast as humanly possible.

- Peter Quinn from Homeland should already be TV's biggest badass, but the writers apparently forgot the awesome backstory they built up for him.

- This is pretty open ended, so I'll take advantage and say Bill Murray needs an HBO show.

- Don Draper? I could take a crack at not ruining his life.

- Since he's back on the stand up scene, how about Bill Cosby?

- Sure, but we have enough TV channels to make up for it now.
More+
Flag
Staff
I went backwards, but here are some of my thoughts!

20. Americans are DEFINITELY too puritan about showing the human body! I think the way we hide it shames Americans into thinking there's something shameful about their bodies and that their bodies need to be hidden. Very dangerous message to be sending!

18. A companion on Doctor Who, definitely. Maybe Rose if I had to pick a specific one.

13. I've been reading the Sin City series lately. I know they're making a sequel but damn, all these books are so good. I'd see them all! Might make a fantastic mini-series.

7. If I could bring back one show it'd be Happy Endings. Or maybe My So-Called Life. Damn, can I pick both?

2. Parenthood makes me cry EVERY. DAMN. TIME.
Flag
Betas

Sleepy Hollow - Ichabod Crane letting go of his son he never met

The Walking Dead

The Big Bang gang singing to Bernadette in quarantine

Raylan showing some emotion over his father's death at the elevator in Justified.

Nothing I think I'm missing

Battlestar Galactica and Starbuck (did you mean from this year?)

The whole waste of time of that was the Governor. Leave him out completely.

It's movies that should be inspired from tv. There are some great tv shows at the moment but most movies are crap remake/sequels lately.

Is this a trick question???

Kill - Joffrey, Game of Thrones
Marry -
Fuck - Daryl, The Walking Dead

A Vikingesque show based on Irish mythology

Comic - 100 Bullets

Good science fiction and fantasy

Justified - Deputy US Marshal Tim Gutterson

Penny in the Big Bang Theory

They are already in movies.

Sarah Manning

She's not stand up but I'd like a Kristen Wiig comedy.

Not cable shows
More+
Flag
Derek's YouTube Christmas clips.

Doctor Who Christmas Special

Fresh Meat

Call The Midwife Christmas Special

Red Wedding from Game Of Thrones

Breaking Bad

Buffy The Vampire Slayer because it make was the best show ever made and the Eleventh/Twelth/Thirteenth Doctor (Matt Smith because he was the best doctor.

I would redo The Governor.

Cloud Atlas

Sheldon Cooper

I would like to kill most of the characters from Fresh Meat, marry David Attenborough and fuck Jessica Hanby

12. What time period or historical event/person "deserves" a show
American Revolution!

Atlas Shrugged

Fantasy

The Walking Dead set in Europe

Miranda Bailey

Christopher Lee

Sherlock Holmes

Steve Hughes

Yes
More+
Flag

In the series finale of Misfits when Alex jumped on the back of the flying dude and uhhh...bufu'd the superpower out of him In mid air. the visual of that alone was a total laugh riot, but by the time the flying guy splat on the concrete, I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe

Matt Smith's exit from Doctor Who (& I was never really a big fan of his Doctor, yet I've got no shame admitting I welled up twice. Go figure, huh?)

The Banshee episode where we leaned the MMA fighter raped that girl

The Banshee episode where the MMA fighter got the ever-lovin' shit kicked out of him for raping that girl

I don't remember off the top of my head. I'll have to get back to you on that.

Person of Interest

Show: Jericho Character: Dan Stark from The Good Guys

This question makes my head hurt

Pirate Radio

Damn! tough call. While I wanna say John Luther, in reality I'm probably most like a pre-intersect Chuck Bartowski

I'd love to kill Clark Kent from every Superman TV show ever made & fuck/marry co-habitate with Tess Fontana from Eureka 'till the end of my days.

Hunter S. Thompson- Gonzo Journalist Extraordinaire

Neil Gaiman's "Sandman"

Horror Comedies

Leverage International with Parker, Hardison & Elliot (We wuz robbed. I wanted that show to happen so bad)

Laurel Lance from Arrow

Billy Connolly

Robin Hood

Kevin Hart

Oh, fuck yes. We are horribly irrational and inconsistent about it as a culture on the whole
More+
Flag
1. What is the most recent show/scene that made you laugh out loud? Trophy Wife's Christmas episode: Kate, Jackie, Pete & Diane singing The Sign and Meg's reaction when she saw them..

2. What is the most recent show/scene to made you tear up/cry/get leaky eyes? When Ryan (Nikita) said no more secrets and jumped out the window

Red Wedding (It annoys me when the tv series change some things from the book (I understand why it's sometimes necessary) but killing someone who is still alive in the book series??? Come on! )

TBBT: Howard's song to Bernadette

6. What show(s) are or were popular but you never got around to watching it? Breaking Bad

7. If you would bring back one show and one character what/who would it be? Show: The Secret Circle; Character: Carter (POI)

9. What movie would be a good TV show? Kick-Ass

10. What character do you think best represents the real you? Annie Edison (Community)

11. What characters from what show(s) you would like to kill, marry or fuck? Kill - Littlefinger (GoT), Laurel (I like Sarah as Black Canary); Marry - Oliver Queen (Arrow); Fuck - Harvey Specter (Suits), Neal Caffrey (White Collar), Elijah (Originals)

15. What show would you do a spin off and with whom? Troy and Abed (Community) in the Real World

16. What character is misused? Laurel (Arrow)

18. If you could be any character in a TV show who would you be? Felicity Smoak (Because she is the BEST!) or Daenerys Targaryen (Love to have pet dragons)

20. Are american TV shows too "puritan" about showing the human body? Yes
More+
Flag
Got your mail, good idea stay spoiler free :) She doesn't exist in the book so technically they didn't kill someone who is still alive in the books. They changed that story so much, I think it's not really comparable.
Flag
Who did they kill at the Red Wedding that didn't die in the books?
Flag
1-I don't remember
2-Red wedding
3-True Blood('cause it went to the drain 2 seasons ago,but I still hoping it will change)
3-Rectify
4- Lost finale,The shield finale, GOT
6-Braking Bad
7-Gannicus,Lost
8-Lost finale
9-?
10?
11-?
12-Rome but not Cesar's or Nero's time, The Dark ages.
13-Any Scifi classic (Asimov,Bradbury ,etc), for example:The Illustrated Man
14-Scifi ,Fantastic or any Period drama.
15-?
16-
17-
18-
19-Don't like stand up
20-YES, but not afraid to show any tipe of violence or torture.
Flag

The Big Bang Theory, the last episode when they imagined what life would be like without Sheldon.

Arrow, in Three Ghosts, when Tommy turned up in hallucinations.

White Collar - When Peter 'turned his back' on Neal

Jon Snow and Ygrette getting together...

The Red Wedding - Game of Thrones

Mad Men, boardwalk Empire, Supernatural

Show - Stargate Universe
Character - Khal Drogo

How the 11th Doctor (Matt Smith) went out. He should have fought better...

Ender's Game

Amy Farrah-Fowler, The Big Bang Theory

Kill - Petyr Baelish, Game of Thrones
Marry - Oliver Queen, Arrow
Fuck - Khal Drogo, Game of Thrones

Ender's Game quadrilogy

Sci-Fi

Game of Thrones - Tyrion Lannister

Penny - The Big Bang Theory

Alan Alda

Bo - Lost Girl

ummmm...

YES
More+
Flag
    1.What is the most recent show/scene that made you laugh out loud?
    Any episode on SCRUBS, HIMYM or CHUCK

2.What is the most recent show/scene to made you tear up/cry/get leaky eyes?
    GOT, “The Rains of Castamere”;NIKITA, “Broken home”; LOST finale; FNL finale;

3.What show/scene boiled your blood (pissed you off)?
    FIREFLY being cancelled

4.What show/scene made you feel all mushy (aka feel good/happy)?
    GOSSIP GIRL finale

5.What TV scene from what show will you never forget?
    First seconds, first episode from LOST
    6.What show(s) are or were popular but you never got around to watching it?
    Doctor Who, TBBT. Breaking Bad

7.If you would bring back one show and one character what/who would it be?
    Captain Mal from FIREFLY

8.If you could rewrite one scene/death/plot twist what would it be and how would you change it?
    Wilson from HOUSE MD would get cured by the ending of the series finale

9.What movie would be a good TV show?
    THE AVENGERS or SIN CITY

10.What characters from what show(s) you would like to kill, marry or fuck?
    Marry Oliver Queen from ARROW and kill king Geofrey from GOT.

11.What time period or historical event/person "deserves" a show----like Attila the Hun, Pol Pot, Elvis, Marie Curie, Rasputin, etc...?
    “Mad” Jack Churchill

12.What book/comic would make a good TV show?
    Hunger Games

13.What genre would you like to see more of on TV?
    SCI-FI with BIG budgets!

14.What show would you do a spin off and with whom?
    A prequel to Lost

15.What character is misused?
    Ceasar in SPARTACUS

16.Which older actor/actress would you like to see on TV?
    Christopher Walken, Robert de Niro,

17.If you could be any character in a TV show who would you be?
    Carrie from SEX AND THE CITY

18.Are american TV shows too "puritan" about showing the human body?
    Yes
More+
Flag
1. Supernaturals "Do Dean Afternoon"
2. The originals klaus's speech to his siblings, Patricks death in Offspring( Aussie show
3. The blacklists season final hate they way they left it
4. Arrows ghost episode
5. Legend of the seeker Kahlan's blood rage scene
6. The walking dead, firefly
7. Legend of the seeker and the secret circle
8. To many to choose from
9. The mortal instruments
10. Felicity smoak
11. Kill - metatron ( supernatural ) marry - Oliver queen (arrow), and Derek (teen wolf)
12. ??????
13. ??????
14. Sci fi
15. We have enough spin offs
16. Derek hale (teen wolf) more of Derek
17. As long as they can act and bring good tv doesn't matter
18. Kahlan ( legend of the seeker)
19. Eddie Murphy
20. I think that it's a divided topic and needs time to change.
Flag
Burning Love--Kroll drunk and fighting

Fringe

Dexter finale

Arrow: hallucination/spirit of Tommy

Ray Donovan's green dye scene

6. What show(s) are or were popular but you never got around to watching it? Arrested Development, Grey's Anatomy, Veronica Mars

7. If you would bring back one show and one character what/who would it be? Alphas or LIe to Me for the show and Herschel in TWD

8. If you could rewrite one scene/death/plot twist what would it be and how would you change it? Walter White lives

9. What movie would be a good TV show? Jay and Silent Bob

10. What character do you think best represents the real you? Abby Sciuto

Kill Laurel from Arrow, Marry Raj from TBBT, fuck Sam & Dean from Supernatural

12. What time period or historical event/person "deserves" a show----like Attila the Hun, Pol Pot, Elvis, Marie Curie, Rasputin, etc...? 1960s, Mata Hari

13. What book/comic would make a good TV show? Dean Koontz's books

14. What genre would you like to see more of on TV? sci fi (intergalactic war)

15. What show would you do a spin off and with whom? no need for spin offs

16. What character is misused? Derek in Teen Wolf

17. Which older actor/actress would you like to see on TV? doesn't matter as long as they are talented and have good roles

18. If you could be any character in a TV show who would you be? Samantha in Bewitched

19. What stand up comedian should get his/her own show? Eddie Murphy

20. Are american TV shows too "puritan" about showing the human body? Yes. You can see blood and guts so what's wrong with seeing nudity?
More+
Flag
The Mindy Project is funny and South Park's Black Friday episodes.
Major Crimes- when Rusty and his psychologist discussed his sad childhood. I thought about all the poor children that have to deal with crappy things.
When Jess on New Girl insists her life decision is better that other's own life decisions.
I love Bo and Kensi's relationship on Lost Girl. It gives me hope for other writers of female relationships.
Alpha's unfortunate finale everyone but Gary passing out
Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Justified, Dexter, Scandal, and many more
Awake or Alphas or Sanctuary or 100 other shows
I would have added Ben Browder's character to Arrow because I love Ben Browder.
I would have people with foreign accents use their own voice unless it is necessary to the show. I think we Americans can handle foreigners coming to America and making a life here.

The World's End
Bo on Lost Girl she's sexy, smart, a good sister and kicks butt just like me
Ollie Green on Arrow (after I make sure I get a large part of his money in his will).
I like the Attila the Hun idea.
Sue Grafton's Kinsie Milhone alphabet series or Lee Child's Jack Reacher series
Is "intelligently teaching real facts" a genre?
I think Diggle on Arrow should get a show and it would have him do a lot of exercise montages also.
I think most female "anchors" should wear pants to work everyday. They worked hard to get where they are and should not sexualize themselves.
I love Murder She Wrote so Angela Landsbury should do a miniseries or two.
Any love interest that get to work with Idris Elba or the 1980s Scott Bakula that's off the top of my head I'm sure there's many more.
The only stand-up comedians/ comediennes I know already have his or her own show.
Yes and they should show all body types. Artists do it all the time.
More+
Flag
1. What is the most recent show/scene that made you laugh out loud? Big Bang
2. What is the most recent show/scene to made you tear up/cry/get leaky eyes? Friday night Lights
3. What show/scene boiled your blood (pissed you off)? MAsterChef Luca Winning
4. What show/scene made you feel all mushy (aka feel good/happy)? Matt smith leaving
5. What TV scene from what show will you never forget? Run you clever boy and remember
Breaking bad, Dexter, Fringe
Matt Saracen
8. If you could rewrite one scene/death/plot twist what would it be and how would you change it? Ezra being A
9. What movie would be a good TV show? Harry Potter
10. What character do you think best represents the real you? Ted from HIMYM
Kill River Song, Marry Rose and Clara
14. What genre would you like to see more of on TV? Fantasy
15. What show would you do a spin off and with whom? Jess From Gilmour Girls
16. What character is misused? Aria from PLL
17. Which older actor/actress would you like to see on TV? Jackie Chan
18. If you could be any character in a TV show who would you be? Doctor Who
More+
Flag
A lot of Doctor Who and that is great, but why would you kill River Song?
Flag
I can't stand her. Every time she shows up I want to strangle her. The "Spoilers" thing I hate. if you don't want to tell him something then don't mention something then not elaborate.
Flag
when they make new show of the return of early edition show for now growing up to became next person who pass on next person tomorrow newspaper
Flag
1. Recent scene that made me laugh out loud - The last episode of the season of 'Key and Peele' - nothing is making me laugh as much as this fantastic hidden gem of a show that had its best season ever this year. Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele seem to be popping up everywhere on television but nowhere better than on the show they share together. (You may have seen Keegan-Michael Key in an episode of 'The League' -he was Carmenjello.)

2. Recent show made me teary eyed - 'Master Chef - Junior' I was such a sap for this show - every time one of those hopeful little chefs got bumped it made me wince. Also: Matt Smith hanging up his bow-tie as the 11th Doctor on Christmas.

3. What show boiled my blood (pissed me off) - S.H.I.E.L.D. - Just pissed me off that something from someone I admire, with so much riding on it and so much money behind it sucked from the get go and hasn't gotten any better despite what some critics believe.

4. What show made you feel good - 'Orphan Black' - I was there from its unheralded start parked behind Matt Smith's final series as The Doctor and noticed from the start how incredibly cool it is to find a breakthrough performance this fantastic before anyone notices.

5. Memorable Scenes - Sheriff Hood beating the bejesus out of Damien Sanchez the rapist MMA fighter in the Kinaho Moon casino. (Episode 3 - 'Meet the New Boss') That may have been one of the most satisfying scenes on television all year.

6. Popular show I haven't found the time for - 'Person of Interest' (blame my aversion to network and specifically CBS murder-porn - which I thought POI was just going to be more of) and 'Orange is the New Black'

7. If I could bring back 1 show or 1 character - I'd bring back 'Copper' because it was a great show with a wonderful cast. The cancelation was a mistake.

8. Change a plot twist - 'Shameless' killing off Jimmy/Steve because Justin Chatwin and Emmy Rossum had the kind of chemistry between two characters most TV shows wait their entire runs to find. I realize that this is going to ultimately work but its still a shame to lose it.

9. What movie would make a good TV show - 'Smokey and the Bandit' - cause rednecks are all the rage now a days.

10. What character represents you? (old school) Dan Fielding 'Night Court'

11. K/M/F - 'Banshee' - Kill - Miriam Bowman (Kai's sister, Rebecca's mom)
Marry - Dep. Siobhan Kelly
F - Carrie Hopewell or Rebecca Bowman

12. Deserves a show - Elvis and the history behind Sun records in Memphis.

13. What TV/comic would make a good show? Richard Hooker's 'M.A.S.H.' - oh wait a second there.......

14. What genre do we need more of - Completely original programming.

15. Spin Off - 'Banshee' - I would spin off Sugar and Job in a half hour comedy about Sugar being a slum landlord in 'Banshee'.

16. Misused character - Laurel 'Arrow' - I've seen Katie Cassidy in 'Supernatural' and I liked her as 'Ruby' so I don't necessarily think its the actress. Laurel needs a re-write on 'Arrow' if we are going to buy her as 'Black Canary' when 'Mira' -er Katrina Law's Nyssa al Ghul (yeah more Spatacus comes to Starling City!) - comes to town and kills Sarah. They've fixed everything on this show except Laurel. That better happen quickly. (Maybe they just need to get her hair color right:))

17. Anyone who wants to - the better products now a day are on TV anyway.

18. If I could be a character? - Mr. Rabbit - 'Banshee' - just to be a character elevated to almost mythical status who people fear the mention of your name would be kind of cool.

19. What comic should get their own show? Jason Mantzoukas - he's a damn good writer and he always gets the most laughs on 'The League' as Rafi.

20. American network television shows are way too puritan about the human body. As 'Hannibal' proved only when evicerated is naked human flesh shown on TV - that says all you need to know about American television.

More+
Flag
Agree with Vicky, great answers, and good point there in #8.
Flag
Great answers;-)

I plan to watch Key and Peele~it's on my list (lol @ carmenjello~~I watched that episode again yesterday). Jason Mantzoukas (Rafi) is hilarious. If he does stand up then I will have to check it out.

It's so frustrating when they cancel good shows: Copper, Terries, Alphas...

I considered asking the question "What show has the best fight choreography" but that's not even a question! BANSHEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Sorry for my lack of impulse control but.....
BANSHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and
Orphan Black Orphan Black Orphan Black Orphan Black Orphan Black Orphan Black Orphan Black Orphan Black Orphan Black Orphan Black Orphan Black Orphan Black;-)
Flag
Easy, easy, go to the bathroom, reach out, take a handful of those little pink pills and lie down. You'll be as new tomorrow morning.
Flag
I "cheated" by listing more then one answer for some questions that were worded for just one answer---my bad and feel free to break the "rules" if you wish;-)

• so many funny scenes....I'm re-watching season 3 of The League and basically every scene had me laughing. The last scene I just watched and laughed at was Taco using the gun as a pipe.
  • So many scenes from Legit made me laugh and I can't list them all.
  • Many of the scenes with Shaw in POI made me laugh, like the scene @sluu3p18 mentioned: "Shaw kicking the guy on the floor instead of checking for a pulse."
  • Also @Grumpyclown for TBBT Scavenger Vortex episode
There are probably more recent ones but the only one that comes to mind is the finale of Spartacus (the death of Gannicus and Spartacus and the tribute at the end). I have re-watched 24 a few times and the very end with Jack saying goodbye and going on the run always makes me tear up.
So many scenes from the series finale of Dexter---Deb dying and Dexter as a lumberjack and so many other scenes
Nikita and her team working together in the finale is the most recent but I had a lot of "mushy" moment with Friday Night Lights, One Tree Hill (before I stopped watching it). Also, TBBT's Scavenger Vortex episode made me happy...so many shows
  • 24: George Mason redeeming himself by making Jack Bauer get out of the plane so that George could crash it in the desert (aww, heck, this also fits in the mushy (mix of sad and happy) category and the tearing up/crying category). So many more scenes from this series...
  • Banshee: Hood vs MMA guy, Hood vs albino guy, Carrie/Ana vs Olek
  • Breaking Bad: Danny Trejo's head on a turtle, Gus Fring walking out after being blown up (thanks @sluu3p18) and I would include the ATM machine, the bathtub scene and Jessie trying out the fit of plastic containers....so many more unforgettable scenes
  • so many more from GoT, POI, Justified, The Shield, Survivor and Spartacus (see sluu3p18's list below)
  • This question could be a post of its own
  • I haven't watched these yet but plan to watch them: Wilfred, Downtown Abbey, Veep, Eastbound and Down, The Newsroom, DS9, Firefly and so many more
  • haven't seen and probably won't see (might be too dated): Friends, Seinfeld, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, 6 feet under, x-files and so many more
  • Show: Terriers (but I also love @klotensen show choice)
  • Character: Helena from Orphan Black (and/or Richard Harrow from Boardwalk Empire)
8. If you could rewrite one scene/death/plot twist what would it be and how would you change it? Dexter's series finale....see everyone else's suggestions (they are all better then what actually went down)

9. What movie would be a good TV show? I'll have to think more on this but I like the suggestion of Aliens mentioned by a couple other people.

no one character (I'm an unique snowflake) but I see some of my good traits/characteristics in several characters (exaggerated in the characters):
  • Jenny from The League (through season 3 since I have caught up with the rest of the series): she is girly yet is also one of "the guys" in words and actions
  • Leslie Knope from Parks and Recreations: she sets goals and works to achieve them but doesn't step on others and is nice (lol)
  • Bernadette & Amy from TBBT: Bernie is competitive (I'm not as bad as she is), girly and "geeky". Amy in that she is logical and analytical
  • Malcolm Tucker from In The Thick of It for the potty mouth;-)
  • Kill Joffrey (GoT), Laurel (Arrow), Bill (True Blood)
  • Marry: none (I wouldn't swap out my husband for anyone)
  • Fuck: Raylan Givens (Justified), Jack Bauer (24), Ian Somerhalder, Spartacus & Gannacus (Spartacus), Spenser Reese (Criminal Minds), Neil (White Collar)...I'll stop now before I fill the page...lol
  • A lot of great ones were mentioned below and I replied to the commenters that I loved their ideas.
  • I like historically based fiction (preferably with action and some sexy scenes but obviously a well written script/plot/dialogue is needed with great acting).
  • All turbulent times throughout the world's history have potential to be transformed into a good historical fiction show.
  • I'd be interested to see a well done story about Attila the Hun, Rasputin and so much more....for me, this question could be a post of its own.
  • Chelsea Quinn Yarbro's Saint-Germain series (no Twilight or TVD sappy vampire types here in these epic book that take you through time/history)
  • Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series
  • Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake series
  • Matthew Reilly's books (more action packed then 24)
  • Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child books (series)
  • James Rollins' books
  • F. Paul Wilson books
  • JD Robb's book series (naked in death, etc...)
  • I stopped reading for fun many years ago so imagine how long this list would be if I still read for fun
  • Military action fiction (like The Unit without all the family stuff; Strike Back is the only show left and I'm not even sure if it is going to continue
  • Darker (or more adult only) comedies like Legit and The League
  • Horror (not light horror but darker horror like AHS)
I can't think of any right now so I'm going to use @Grumpyclown answer of "Bear from POI -"Fights crimes and the bitches love him!"
Raj and Stuart from TBBT; Laurel from Arrow (kill her or give her a better storyline)
Please note that I do not consider most of these actors/actresses "old" but they are older then most of the main actors/actresses starring in current shows. Also there are some "big name" actors/actresses listed but I'd like to see them in a tv show;-)
  • Christopher Walken, Kurt Russell, William Defoe, Harrison Ford, Samuel L. Jackson, Morgan Freeman, Michael Douglas, Martin Sheen, Liam Neeson, Daniel Craig, Jack Nicholson, Clint Eastwood, Michael Madsen, Bill Pullman, Dennis Leary and Bruce Campbell!!!!!! and so many more
  • Glenn Close, Cybil Sheppard, Jamie Lee Curtis, Susan Sarandon, Meryl Streep, Carol Brunett!!!!
I wouldn't mind being Patsy Stone (Absolutely Fabulous) for a day or two...LOL!
  • Jimmy Carr--he'd be great for an adult animated comedy show;-P
  • Patton Oswalt
  • Dennis Leary
  • Not sure but maybe Jack Whitehall, Ross Noble, Bill Hicks, Sarah Silverman (if they don't already have a show). Joan Rivers is hilarious as a comedian but I don't watch her shows about fashion
20. Are american TV shows to "puritan" about showing the human body?

Yes

sorry for typos and grammar errors---it's late and I'm tired;-P
More+
Flag
Great list, but you do have a problem (in choosing). There are a lot series you mention I haven't seen, but I have seen most of the ones you still want to watch. I am also happy to say we have a different taste in our (would like to be) bed partners (I leave the potty mouth to you :-)).
Flag
LOL, I don't care if the bed partner has a potty mouth but the potty mouth reference was actually describing me IRL (but I am nowhere near as bad as Malcolm Tucker)!

What the hell, let's add Malcolm Tucker to my f*ck list;-)

I'm not surprised we have different choices in bed partners~~you like females and I like males (but I do find many women attractive)
Flag
Ok, from @Grumpyclown and me: we want names
Flag
You want names? Ok, you are named Mr. Nosey and Grumpy is named Mr. Perv;-) lol
Flag
and lots and lots of details....
Flag
(but I do find many women attractive) = voted up for this comment
Flag
Ah, my knowledge of English obviously came short here, I was pointing at your potty mouth in using the term f*ck instead of me using 'bed partners' (and now you made me do it).
Flag
No, don't worry, doesn't worry me at all, I just don't use them (that much). There is also a cultural difference between the US and other countries, you just use the word f*ck a lot more. And I just like to use descriptive words, which makes the language more beautiful to me.
Flag
Does swearing offend you? Words are just words imo and it all depends on the emotional context and intent behind them...in other words, hearing or reading something like the word "f*ck" doesn't bother me but if someone seriously said "f*ck you" to me with "bad" intent or not in a joking manner then I would get upset. Sorry if it bothers you~seriously, sorry...but I'm afraid it will happen again and most likely without the "*" in place of the "u"
Flag
Psych (Santa Barbara Skies- musical)

Doctor Who (Matt Smith's Final Scene)

Haven (Final scene of season 4)

Parks and recreation (All of them)

Alias (Sydney and Vaughns first kiss)

-True Blood

Just one... ok... burnnoticeterminatortsscthesecretcircle

General Hospital (Jason would deliver Sam's baby instead of John McBain) =(

12. What time period or historical event/person "deserves" a show----like Attila the Hun,Pol Pot, Elvis,Marie Curie, Rasputin, etc...?
Civil War Era... ?? More like BBCA shows...

Love Sci-fi, would like to see more period pieces... just not downton abby...

Ohhh... my poor Spencer Reid of Criminal minds... so much potential.

Sydney Bristow (Alias)

More+
Flag
We definitely need more Spencer Reid time!!!!
Flag
Doctor Who, the mediocre X-mas special. Something Clara did surprisingly.

Tears of agony and frustration. Homeland. Something with Carrie.

Already named Homeland. So Dexter's final ppphhhhffffffffff

Definitely Magic City. GoT comes very close.

Michael Chiklis from the very end of The Shield. Him starring for 7 minutes. But there are so many scenes from Doctor Who, GoT, 24, Breaking Bad, TwinPeaks, Lost, Dexter ... I hate to pick.

Vampire Diaries, Buffy, Stargate, Mad Men, The Good Wife, Emergency Room, Keeping it up with the Kardashians, Elementary, Bob's Burgers.

Show: Carnivale. Character: Drogo. (eat this Ned)

Richard Harrow hits Narcisse in the head and survives that stupid aimless bullet WHYHOWISTHISEVENREALWHYOMG

Teen Wolf LOL sorry, aehm... Ghostbusters? (If well done that is)

Homer Simpson

Kill: Carrie Matheson. Marry: FauxOlivia from Fringe.
Fuck: Katya Kazanova from Archer.

The War of the Roses, or Thirty Years War. I miss Spartacus and Rome.

Movies sure. But series? hm. League of Extraordinaire Gentlemen, Ringworld.

You know when you watch too much tv? When you don't have an answer to that question. Good SciFi but since they always fuck it up no hope here left.

Bronn from GoT. Some sly adventures and guest appearences from Tyrion and I'm game, baby.
Laurel Lance from Arrow. Kill her or give a purpose ANYTHING than dragging the show down.

Ray Wise.

I do NOT want to be a character on GoT, that's for sure. I probably end up with my cut-off dick in my mouth or something. If I was into the northern wild and lumberjacking I would say Dexter. But I'm not so it's Ichabod Crane from Sleepy Hollow. I always had a knack for vintage and a sweet spot for Beharie.

Totally.
More+
Flag
Person of Interest (Lethe): Shaw kicking the guy on the floor instead of checking for a pulse.

Doctor Who (The Time of the Doctor): Amy saying goodbye to her Raggedy Man

OUAT (Season 2): Greg and Tamara pulling all the sh#t they did and getting away with it.
The Newsroom (Season 2): Jerry Dantana pulling all the sh#t he did and getting away with it.

Doctor Who (The Day of the Doctor): David and Matt doing scenes together, all 13 Doctors saving Gallifrey

Off the top of my head, in alphabetical order:
24: Jack telling David Palmer to pardon Nina for his future murder, Jack saying goodbye to Kim as he's flying a nuke into the desert, Jack telling Kim to "Shoot him again!", Jack puking after shooting Curtis as a nuke goes off in Valencia
Angel: the final seconds before time reverses in "I Will Remember You", the alley scene in "Not Fade Away"
Banshee: Hood vs MMA Guy, Anna vs Olek
Breaking Bad: the way Jesse says "Bitch!", Danny Trejo's head on a turtle, Gus Fring walking out after being blown up
Buffy: Buffy thrusting a sword through Angel in front of Acathla as "Close Your Eyes" plays in the background, Giles OHP presentation in "Hush", Buffy jumping in "The Gift", every number in "Once More With Feeling", Spike burning everything in the Hellmouth in "Chosen"
Charles in Charge: That opening theme song
Dancing with the Stars: Shawn and Derek's Mambo, Christina Grimmie with LXD performing "Titanium", Tony and Julianne dancing to Rascal Flatts
Doctor Who: "Are You my mummy?" in "The Empty Child", Ten and Rose parting in Bad Wolf Bay in "Doomsday", everyone piloting the TARDIS in "Journey's End", David and Matt together in the 50th Anniversary Special
Eureka: Carter repeatedly waking up in the shower in "I Do Over", the whole town visiting Carter in the hospital while Zoey's mom was visiting
Friends: the trivia game in "The One with the Embryos", Chandler in a box, Phoebe's and Ross' reaction to seeing Chandler and Monica from Ugly Naked Guy's window, Joey and Rachel going on a date showing each other their "moves", the final scene with the six keys on the counter top
Fringe: People melting in an airplane
Game of Thrones
: Eddard's beheading, the White Walkers marching, the Red Wedding
Gilmore Girls: Lorelei's outfit on Rory's first day in Chilton, Rory panicking after hitting a deer, the dance marathon
Lost: "Not Penny's Boat"
Masterchef Jr.: Sarah repeatedly shouting "Whip it like a man!"
Once Upon a Time: the way Rumpelstiltskin twiddles his hands and says "Dearie"
Orphan Black: Alison singing "Bitch" while driving after scoring a "Touchdown!" with Aynsley's husband, Alison with her glue gun, Alison with Aynsley and the garbage disposal, Kira getting hit head-on by a car
Person of Interest: Reese and Root in "God Mode", Shaw awkwardly saying goodbye to the spykid, Carter showing Laskey and the bar owner who's boss, Fusco vs Simmons
Reign: Clarissa under Mary's bed, the stag head over Mary's bed, the sidebraids on Peaseblossom's head
So You Think You Can Dance - LXD dancing to "Yellow", Nappytabs routines of "No Air", "Bleeding Love", "I Got You", "Mad" and "Outta Your Mind",
Spartacus: Spartacus burns down the Arena, Spartacus and Iliythia have sex while covered in gold glitter
Survivor: Erik stupidly gives up immunity to the girls, the three amigos all get immunity and vote out Phillip, Hayden convinces Ciera to draw rocks
The Newsroom: Will's answer to the question on why America's the greatest country in he world, the report on Cong. Giffords shooting while "Fix You" plays in the background,
Veronica Mars: Veronica on stakeout in a car with a taser on her lap, a camera to her face and Back-up sitting in the backseat

Seinfeld, The Wire, The Shield, The Sopranos, Modern Family, 30 Rock, Two and a Half Men, Arrested Development, The Office, Justified

Show: Firefly
Character: Helena from Orphan Black

For Reign, I'd kill off Lola instead of princess sidebraids.

As a serialized procedural on CBS: Leon the Professional or Salt
As serialized fantasy on ABC: Heart and Souls or Indiana Jones
As a comedy on NBC: There's Something About Mary
As a miniseries on FX (with each season a new story like AHS): Sin City
As a show on the CW: King Arthur (built-in triangle of Arthur-Guinevere-Lancelot)

A mixture of Chandler, Ross and Joey.

Kill - Junior from Under the Dome
Marry - Clara from Doctor Who or Mary from Reign
Fuck - Virginia from Masters of Sex

Anastasia and Rasputin

Haven't all the good ones been made into TV shows/movies already?

I like the mix they have going now.

Doctor Who: Vastra, Strax, Jenny and Jenny (the Doctor's Daughter)

No idea.

The ones I know of and like are already on TV.

Superman

No idea.

It's never bothered me before so I guess, no.
More+
Flag
Man, what a list, especially #5. and you're so right with most of them. When I read them I saw them playing in front of me again (at least from the shows I've seen and I've seen none of the US reality shows).
Flag
In Buffy the thing I never forget is when she confesses to Spike she was in heaven after she died and not in hell and as a consequence that everything, now she is alive again, feels like hell.
Flag
I'll never forget that too. They were in the alley behind the magic shop on a sunny day. Spike wanted to leave to give B her space but couldn't. That's when she opened up.
Flag
all great answers but I really admire your awesome lists for questions #5 & #9! Thank you!!

LOL--> "Shaw kicking the guy on the floor instead of checking for a pulse"
Flag
You're welcome and great post! Looking forward to the next set of 20 questions.

Flag
Scene:
Witches of East End, Athena is pushed into the flames mysteriously found in the anchient underground hallways, and her carcass rises up, PASSIONS style and everybody is scared. Ha ha.

Teen wolf

Under the dome

All scenes with Felicity Smoak, Arrow. She deserves more screen time.

Cow cut in half in Under the dome.

Modern family

Show: Pushing daisies
Character: none.yet. hopefully.

OUAT. Prince Charming and Neal would die in the first minutes of season 3 and female power would get everybody off the neverland.

Die hard. None others, sorry. Thankfully all others are JUST movies, phew.

Felicity Smoak.

Kill: Laurel Lance (Arrow), Prince Charming (OUAT), Neal (OUAT), Henry (OUAT), Bunchy Donovan (Ray Donovan), Barbie(Under the dome), Belle (OUAT)
Marry: Hook (OUAT), Jesse Pinkman (Breaking Bad), Barry Allen (Arrow), Styles (Teen wolf), Derek (Teen wolf), Isaac (Teen wolf)
Fuck: Ichabod Crane(Sleepy Hollow), Mr. Gold(OUAT - weird I know), Wade (Hart of dixie), Harvey Specter (Suits) Peter Hale (Teen wolf), Will Graham(Hannibal)

None - all are over abused already

Comic: Nathan Never IF they found a decent model to represent Nathan

Horror

Spike (buffy) if I have to, others have already got spinoffs.

Laurel Lance (Arrow), Neal (OUAT)

None.

Buffy

Don't know. Don't care.

No. Just right.

More+
Flag
Pushing Daisies was the show I'd bring back too.
Flag
1. A friends re-run.
2. Patrick Jane in The Mentalist, in one of the last scene of 6.09
3. Uhm. Booth not telling Brennan why he didn't want to marry her any longer, I guess.
4. same as 2- just knows that it involves jane and Lisbon.
5. again: the same.
6. Arrested Development, Dexter, The West wing. but then, there is also Lost, Nip/Tuck, and Person of Interest and six feet under and falling skies.. and so many others.
7. ER. and his John Carter.
8. I think I wouldn't kill Doc Romano in ER. or if I did, I wouldn't do the way the writer did. Poor man lost an arm because of a chopper. and guess how he die? Yep. Because of a chopper. screaming "you've got to be kidding me!" I'd rather prefer if he was in an ambulance and the bus got in an accident in the middle of the storm (the reason the chopper fell on him), or a crazy lunatic entering in the er while the are operating and shooting at the doctors who are operating on someone untill they don't stop and save his friend.
9. Jurassic park
10. Teresa Lisbon from the Mentalist. Even fi I'm not A cop.
11. I'd kill... The smoking man from the X-Files, I'd marry Greg Sanders from CSI , and had amazing sex with patrick Jane from the Meantalist (or maybe Mick Lawson from Criminal Minds-suspect behaviour, or Don Flack from CSI:NY, or oliver Queen, or Tommy Merlyn, from Arrow. Oh- and Mike Logan from the first season of Law and Order. or Jack from Law and Order:Uk,) and Teresa Lisbon. I really wouldn't mind her.
12. Russian Revolution- I wouldn't mind a show from the point of view of a girl/woamn recalling the events, like they did in Titanic, leaving us to guess if the woamn is really or not Anastasia.
13. District X from Marvel. or Pete Wisdom and MI 13. James Bond meets The X-Men and Marvel's agents of shield.
14. Medical- à la ER, or Crossing Jordan.
15. Uhm. Hard to say. There was a time whern I laughed at the idea of a CSI Miami spin-off, feauting Eric Delko solving crimes with the help of the tim speedle ghost/visions caused by the bullet in his head. but gotta be serius: I'd like a tv shows following the events at the end of The Closer. I want to see again Mrs. Bacon playing Brenda leigh Johnson, and I want to see her beingchief of investigations for the DA office.
16. Any character in The Mentalist that wasn't Red John suspect or patrick Jane. Ok, he is the lead and titular character, but they are a team. and sometimes... well, sometimes one would ask themselves what exactly were they doing. because it looked like they were there doing nothing at all.
17. Nowadays almost all the big screen actors make a cameo or two in television, but I wouldn't mind to see more of Julianne Moore or, in case he had never done anything, Colin Farrell.
18. Teresa Lisbon in The Mentalist
19. Tina Fey- even if she did have a show, which is now over. But she si just that good.
20. Oh, I don't know. I mean, CBS, with the exception of Elementary, doesn't allow piercing or tatooes to be seen on its actors... what do you think? Yep. They are a bit exagerated, especially seeing that many shows that doesn't allow to see a minimum glimpse of skin (let alone nudity) are rated 14-16+ shows.
More+
Flag
1)Recent show to make me laugh - Big Bang Theory
2)Recent show to make me teary-eyed(I was chopping an onion at the time....really!!!!) - Final episode of Matt Smith on Dr.Who special
3)Made my blood boil - The Governor killing Hershel on Walking Dead
4)Show that makes me mushy/happy - The relationship between Penny and Leonard on Big Bang Theory
5)Sorry,but I'm going old school here...when Benjamin Sisko travels back in time to the Enterprise and meets a young James Kirk for the first time on Deep Space Nine (nearly fell off the couch watching that scene and I'll never forget it)
6)Show I never seen yet - (no throwing tomatoes at me....)but I haven't seen Breaking Bad yet!
7)What show I would bring back - Firefly
8)no opinion
9)Movie that would make a good tv show -Blade Runner
10)Character that best represents me -Benjamin Sisko
11)Characters from what shows I would....
kill - not a character..all reality shows!!!
marry - Bernadette from Big Bang Theory
fuck - Max from 2 Broke Girls or Penny from Big Bang Theory
12)What time period deserves a show - 1970's
13)What comic would make a good tv series - Dr. Strange(Marvel) or House of Mystery(DC)
14)Genre I'd like to see more -sci-fi (big intergalactic space dramas like Star Trek,Babylon 5,Farscape & Battlestar Galactic)
15)Show I would spin-off and who - Walking Dead spin-off with Daryll
16)What character is misused - Raj (Big Bang Theory) get this guy's life back on track and a steady girlfriend already
17)Older actors/actresses I like to see on tv - Lee Majors and Lindsay Wagner and more of Bob Newhart and Linda Carter
18)Be any character on a tv show - Columbo
19)Comedian to get own show - Sugar Sammy(he's from Montreal)
20)American tv too puritan about showing human body - Yes...but it's getting better
More+
Flag
Ah, missed Blade Runner the first time. If you choose Blade Runner as tv show you could watch Total Recall 2070. It was the tv series more or less loosely based on Blade Runner and less based on Total Recall. But both are stories by Philip K. Dick.
Flag
Blade Runner's a great television show idea!
Flag
Ah, Trials and Tribble-ations. The combination of a classic and an great 'new' series. Have to get the DVD out of it's box and watch it again.
Flag
1. Psych season 7 episode 15; the musical episode had me laughing at occasions.

2. Re-watching of Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 2 episode 17 "Passion"; when Giles calls Buffy and Willow to break the news about Jenny's death, that scene always brings a tear to my eye.

3. Dexter season 8 episode 12 "Remember the Monsters?"; when they reveal that Dexter is off chopping wood somewhere for no apparent reason.

4. Castle season 5 episode 24 "Watershed"; as Castle proposed to Beckett, I couldn't help but to smile.

5. Breaking Bad season 5 episode 7 "Say My Name"; When the dealer realizes the man he's talking to is Heisenberg and says his name.

6. Firefly, Twin Peaks, House of Cards, Orphan Black, Orange is the New Black, The Blacklist, American Horror Story, Doctor Who, Grey's Anatomy, Homeland, Once Upon a Time, Mad Men, 24, House, The X-Files, Sons of Anarchy and The Vampire Diaries

7. For one show it would be "Lie to Me" simply because it deserves to go on and was ended in a manner that made me crave more! One character would be Zach from "Bones"; he was by far my favorite squint :(

8. In "Robin Hood" season 1's final episode, I would've made sure Marian stayed dead so that I wouldn't have felt so cheated off my emotional commitment.

9. "American Psycho" would've made for a great TV show but also the Nolan Batman series and not to forget some sort of "James Bond" show but based on maybe another 00-agent would be fantastic!!!

10. Seeley Booth; Almost creepy how alike we are.

11. I'd like to kill Francis from Alias even though Will did that for me (lucky bastard).

12. Historical would be Alexander the Great and mythological would be a new "Hercules" show or something about Achilles.

13. Teen Titans in Live-Action, Superman in a modern way (kind off like Smallville did), Batman modern Live-Action, Spider-Man and Hawkeye as well from the Marvel side of things.

14. I'd like to see more of Horror which seems to be a trend now.

15. Even if Spike from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Angel" is still in the comics, I think he should've had a spin-off show that took place in the past or something like that.

16. Lana Lang from "Smallville" was both misused in an annoying way and overused as well.

17. Sean Connery; He's just too awesome!

18. I'd be Spencer Reid from "Criminal Minds", no explanation needed even.

19. Dunno anything about stand-up comedians.

20. Banshee and True Blood speak for themselves.
More+
Flag
great answers
Love the idea of Alexander the Great
Flag
thanks!
Flag
of* on answer 13
Flag
1. How I Met Your Mother - Just started watching the show and finally completely caught up. Right now the "Thank you, Linus" running gag scenes make me burst out laughing every time.
2. Person of Interest - Carter's death.
3. Dexter finale, the final lumberjack scene. It went from a mediocre finale to bad.
4. HIMYM (again) - The scene where Ted proposes to The Mother.
5. Person of Interest - Carter's death. (again)
6. I keep meaning to watch Breaking Bad.
7. It hasn't been actually cancelled yet. Warehouse 13 should not be cancelled yet Claudia is too awesome.
8. Kill off Dexter.
9. Lucky Number Slevin. Okay... it's pretty much a version of Revenge.
10. The Mentalist, Rigsby. Slow on the uptake in social situations, a little awkward, but intense and smart.
11. Kill: Pi from Castle. Marry or sleep with: Lily Aldrin from HIMYM.
12. HG Wells... Warehouse 13 spinoff.
13. A short book series when I was a kid, "Dealing with Dragons."
14. Sci-Fi.
15. Two that I've heard already proposed: 1) The Flash. 2) Warehouse 13 spinoff for HG Wells with a steampunk theme.
16. Pretty much 50% of every character where the cast really revolved around a relationship.
17. Ray Wise.
18. The shrink that Sheldon Cooper desperately needs.
19. No clue.
20. Does Game of Thrones count as American?
More+
Flag
Rigsby gets to me as well.

Linda (Fehling)
Flag
Good suggestion for the spinoff for H.G. Wells. That would combine a lot of great components: period, beauty, fun, strong woman etc.
Flag
Well it was proposed almost 3 years ago, there was even an episode that was meant as a backdoor pilot. But considering Jamie Murray is starring on a different Sci-Fi show my bet is no HG Wells spinoff.
Flag
For me she is one of the stars on Defiance. Her character is there is also a pretty strong woman. But, to be honest, I would rather see her as HG Wells (and you take 'see' here literally).
Flag
American Dad

Doctor Who

New Girl turning all of it's characters into horrible people this season.

The Big Bang Theory

Angelus kills Jenny Calendar (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)

So many, I'll limit it to five shows that have finished: The Wire, The Shield, The Sopranos, The West Wing & The X-Files.

I'd bring back Pushing Daisies and Debra Morgan (Dexter)

I'd go crazy trying to think too much about how I would have written a television series differently, so I try not to think about it and just accept this it is what it is.

Kick-Ass

Brian Griffin (Family Guy)

I'm not going to condone violence (only because I can't think of a character truly deserving of death from a show I watch at the moment), nor can I think of any characters of the top of my head that I'd like to marry, but there several actresses I'd obviously like to be intimate with. Here's five: Sarah Michelle Gellar, Eliza Dushku, Autumn Reeser, Katie Cassidy & Eva Longoria.

I'm not a fan of period pieces.

I watch too much television to read, unfortunately.

Not just more science-fiction/ fantasy, because there's quite a bit of it on at the moment, but I'd like it to be better quality.

Pam (True Blood)

Winston Bishop (New Girl)

I loved Glenn Close on Damages, so I'd watch her in anything if she ever did television again.

Nolan Ross (Revenge)

Judith Lucy (Australian comedian)

Excellent question. My opinion is that it's completely understandable for networks to be conservative when it comes to the censorship of nudity, but at the same time there are often incidents where they push this agenda to the point where it stifles creative expression.
More+
Flag
I'm so glad you chose Kick Ass for movie turned into tv show. That's what I want too, except Hit Girl would be the main character !
Flag
Yes! My thoughts exactly, that would be so cool!
Flag
great answers
#12. ...except boardwalk empire;-P
Glenn Close was fabulous in Damages!
I'll have to check out Judith Lucy.
Flag
Yes, except Boardwalk Empire ;) And probably Downton Abbey too, I haven't watched it since its first season, but I rememver quite enjoying it.
Flag
That's a lot of questions. I will only try to answer a few.

3. (Boils my blood)

* Carrie's betrayal on Banshee. It's so far beyond anything that can be forgiven that there's no way the show can deal with this situation. They're going to have to act like it never happened, and I will have to keep telling myself that it didn't.

* The ending of Lost. (Don't get me started).

* The ending of Dexter's season 2. (More about that below).

8. (Want to rewrite)

I would have wanted to change a lot about Homeland season 2 (I mentioned some of it here), but I want to talk about Dexter season 2. I loved the middle part of the season, where Lila was this fun girl who helped Dexter get a better understanding of who he really was. The season started going downhill when she torched her apartment, and it kept getting worse. The final episode was a flaming bag of poo.

The writers had apparently decided that every season HAD TO have a specific format. I imagine that they first wrote down these two rules:

* Every guest star must leave the show before the season is over.

* One of the guest stars must fit Dexter's profile, and Dexter must kill him or her in the season finale.

After season 2, it was like they had added several more rules that constrained the show even further, but I'm not going to talk about that. I want to talk about Lila. They took a great character and ruined her completely, and it seems like the only reason was they wanted all seasons to have a standardized format. It would have been so much better to write her more like the person she appeared to be at first.

There are so many other ways to create a big confrontation if they wanted to, than to have her actually be crazy and fit the profile. They could e.g. have had her fall back into addiction and act somewhat irrationally because of that. They could have had her stalk Dexter out of jealousy and see him do something. Maybe a murder, maybe just some breaking and entering. Maybe she would threaten to report him to the police. If they really wanted him to consider killing her, it would have been so much more interesting if she had NOT fit the profile.

They could also have avoided this sort of thing entirely, and just given Dexter a really difficult choice between the super fun girl and the family. And Lila didn't have to die. She could have just stopped seeing Dexter. Then the writers could have kept the option to bring her back for a later season.

Out of all the things that could have happened at the end of the season, I think having Lila kill Doakes was one of the worst possibilities. With hindsight, maybe they should just have let Doakes win. If the show had to go on, it would have been far better to have Dexter very reluctanly blow up that house himself. An explosion is a better choice than the table, because we see the table too often anyway, and he wouldn't be doing it to satisfy his urges. He would just be completing a frame job.

Another detail I hated was that the show's way of telling us that Lundy would be out of the picture in the next season, and that Deb would still be in Miami, was to have her miss a plane. Why couldn't she just take the next plane?

The detail I hated the most of all was the last one: A quick cut to Paris. Lila is in a hotel room. Dexter is there too, waiting for her. He kills her with an injection. That scene was so incredibly pointless. The episode would have been much better if they had just not included that scene. Again, it seems like the only reason was that the writers wanted all seasons to have a standardized format.

13. (Comic books)

* Preacher

* Modesty Blaise

Preacher is one of my favorite stories ever, and could in principle be a great HBO show. But I doubt that there are actors that can play those parts to my satisfaction. Christophe Waltz would be a good Starr, and I think there are others who can do that character well. (If we wait 20 years, Michael Rosenbaum will be awesome). I think it will also be possible to fill the roles of Tulip and Cassidy. I kind of want to see Summer Glau as Tulip, because she's awesome, and too good for the parts she's been getting lately. I also can't think of a blonde girl that I really like for the part, but I'm sure that there are several who can do it well enough.

I haven't been able to think of a good Jesse Custer, and it's not for lack of trying. I have tried even harder to think of a good Saint of Killers. Literally every time I see an American actor in his 50s, I ask myself if he could play the Saint of Killers, and the answer is always no.

Modesty Blaise is a fantastic character that's perfect for cable TV, because she goes on missions, has a very interesting relationship with Willie Garvin, and a great origin story. There would be a lot of flashbacks, and they would be awesome. I think FX would be a good place for this show.

Unfortunately, it would be very hard to find people to play the parts of Modesty and Willie. I guess the good news is that the UK probably has lots of people who can play Sir Gerald Tarrant.

17 (Old people)

Walder Frey (Game of Thrones), Death (Supernatural) and Mark Margolis.

20 (Puritan)

Yes, the non-cable shows are definitely too puritan, and some of the cable/internet shows are too. The biggest problem is that non-cable, non-internet shows have to comply with FCC rules. The FCC needs to be shut down.

HBO and other cable/internet networks still seem to be struggling to find the appropriate level of nudity in their shows, so I would like to offer myself as a consultant. I could be on set to inspect boobs and stuff when I'm not rewriting scenes to have the right amount of nudity.

So what is the right amount? For starters, people should be naked in situations where people would normally be naked, in particular in bed. If you can't show Hannah's boobs when she's banging Dexter, then don't do the scene at all.

It's appropriate to include a few scenes that shows off a person's body, when his or her attractiveness is relevant to the story. It's not appropriate to include nude scenes when there is no relevance whatsoever. There are two obvious examples in Game of Thrones. You know which scenes I mean. If not, watch the SNL parody.

As Butters pointed out (in a recent episode of South Park), it's weird that all wieners are floppy. This is a detail that even HBO and Starz are puritan about.

The scene in House of Cards where Kate Mara takes off her clothes for Kevin Spacey for the first time would have been MUCH stronger if we had seen her naked. First a whole-body shot from the side, and then a shot of her face and boobs from his point of view, looking down on her. This is a good example of how film makers can use nudity to make scenes BETTER, rather than to just get horny guys to watch. (Of course in this case it would have that effect too).

That was probably the only scene in the entire season that really called for nudity.
More+
Flag
I know what you mean about Carrie in Banshee (I assume you are talking about her betraying her husband). I hated her betrayal yet I like her~~her fight with Olek and her determination to get her son (driving in the car after having a "stake" jabbed into her gut and then her pulling it out...leaving the hospital...total momma bear). I have a love/hate relationship with her. Also her husband seems like a nice guy. It would be easier, but still hard, to forgive or forget about her betrayal if her husband was a jerk (still not right).

I thought Preacher was going to be made into a show. Maybe I just read about how it would be a good show and later mistakenly thought it was going to be made into a show. It sounds like a great idea for a show.

love your #20;-) how generous of you to offer your services;-P LOL!
Yeah, no more floppies!
Flag
Regarding Preacher, I think that there was a recent report that it might (or will) become a show on AMC. Unless they can do better job with the writing and casting than I can imagine them doing, I kind of hope that this fails, like the many attempts to make a Preacher movie.

I know that I've read at least twice, and probably three times, that a Preacher movie is coming soon. The first one had Karl Urban as Jesse Custer. I don't think he's quite right for the role, but I can't think of anyone who is. (He's too old now, but I think this was ten years ago). About 2-3 years ago, I read another report that a Preacher movie is happening. I looked up the names of the people involved. The writer had nothing better than Charlie's Angels 2 on his resume. The director's resume wasn't any more impressive.

About 5 years ago I think, HBO was very close to ordering a Preacher series. It would have done one comic book per episode, for a total of 66 episodes. I think that could have been awesome, if they had been able to find the right actors. HBO eventually decided to pass, saying that the story was too dark and violent.
More +
Flag
HBO said it was too dark and violent!~weird...bunch of pansies. Maybe Starz or Cinemax will develop an interest. For what I have heard of Preacher and if done correctly, I think it could be a fantastic show.
Flag
I meant her betrayal of Lucas. She betrayed her husband by having sex with an ex. That's not nice, but it's not unforgivable. (Certainly not on a TV show). She betrayed Lucas by handing him over to be tortured to death. This is worse than just murdering him, and it's made even worse by these facts:

* Lucas is in love with her, and has been for at least 15 years. This means that even if he survives, he will be devastated, maybe messed up for life.
* He spent 15 years in prison, and literally got tortured many times, by the same people that she handed him over to.
* The only reason he got caught in the first place was that he was making sure that she wouldn't be. She owes him for that.

I know that the counter argument is that "she did it to protect her family", but I'm not buying it. She did it to simplify things, to get rid of an inconvenience and a temptation. I might have been convinced by the protection argument if her decision had increased the probability of her family's survival from 0% to 100%, or maybe even from 60% to 95%, but it's not clear that it increased their chances at all.
More +
Flag
Season 2 was my favourite of Dexter, so I enjoyed a lot of the aspects you suggest would have been better a different way, but you do make some excellent points. The series definitely fell into a repetitive nature having a similar set-up for each new season.

I couldn't agree more with all the points you made about nudity on television. It should be perfectly acceptable if it's relevant to the story (if someone is in bed or showing), and there's really no need for it any other time.
Flag
Season 2 was my favorite too. I should probably have made that clear. I have never loved TV the way I did during the middle part of that season. That's one of the reasons why the ending bothers me so much. The other reason is that the drop in quality since the middle of season 2 has been so huge. It's not that it was a terrible idea to have Lila torch her place, but now I think of it as the start of the decline.
Flag
1. "The Crazy Ones"
2. Rick finding "Little A** Kicker's" carseat "The Walking Dead"
3. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren's elimination on DWTS
4. The mid-season ender of OUaT
5. The mid-season ender for "The Walking Dead"
6. Just about all of them
7. Jericho
8. n/a
9. Not too many
10. none
11. I would happily kill Nolan from "Revenge"; I really can't think of one I'd marry.
12. I don't like the idea of fictional TV shows based on real people.
13. With a "Game of Thrones" budget & backing, maybe the Dragonriders of PERN.
14. Family-friendly Fantasy
15. n/a
16. n/a
17. Linda Carter
18. n/a
19. n/a
20. First of all, it's "TOO", not "TO". Second, what is wrong with modesty?
Flag
Well this is awkward. Nolan is the character I said I would be.
Flag
Sorry...no offense... :)
Flag
1. The Big Bang Theory
2. Glee " The quorterback", too girly i know
3. Revenge the whole wedding episode
4. How i met your mother's last episode
5. Final scene of Friends
6. Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones
7. 30 Rock
8. Arrow just kill Laurel somehow!!!
9. I think Harry Potter will be a nice choice
10. None
12. Rasputin
13. Most of Marvel Comic books
14. Anything
16. Kali in greys anatomy. Needs to be more fierce
17. Alec Baldwin

Flag
1. TBBT or Shameless which i catched up with recently
2. 24 final scene where Jack thanks Chloe for all the years
3. Dexter's finale, freaking lumberjack
4. The West Wing
5. Many of them, but i guess Leland singing in Twin Peaks
6. Supernatural,The Wire, The Shield
7. X Files and Cigarette Smoking Man
8. Tony turning bad in 24, no way!
9. Trainspotting
10. Chandler Bing mixed with Mad Men's Pete
11. Kill - Nolan and Emily from Revenge, Marry - Claire from Lost, Fu** - any girl from Californication :)
12. French Revolution or concquistadors history
13. They Came to Baghdad by Agatha Christie
14. Political, historical, spy
15. That '70s show with Leo
16. Julius Ceasar in Spartacus
17. Michael Caine, Christopher Lee, Judi Dench,
18. Vinnie from Entourage
19. Don't know, don't care
20. Yep, they are

Flag
I'm with you on "Tony turning bad in 24, no way!".

French Revolution and the history of the Conquistadors are great ideas. When I google "conquistador" I see that PBS did a miniseries in 2001. I'd like to see an HBO or Showtime version.
Flag
Had to watch Leland singing again. Thanks for the reminder. It's been too long since I watched the DVD's
Flag

Orange is the New Black, definitely one of the best new comedies in a long time.

Downton Abbey, I have seen much sadder scenes but the most recent one was episode one of Downton Abbey (just started watching it) where Lord Grantham has to fire Bates and then Bates starts tearing up back in his own quarters.

Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D pissed me off because it was soooo fucking bad!

Lost - When Charlie and Claire finally remembered each other in the afterlife.

Hank Shrader's death in Breaking Bad. Till now it seemed no matter what, Walter could always get things under control in the end but this was the part in the show when things got real.

Mad Men, I really want to watch it but I always find something else I want to watch before I start this show.

Firefly - Definitely. It was so amazing, such a shame it was cancelled so soon. If not Firefly then Freaks and Geeks but that probably won't work out since every one in the cast is much older now.

Lost - I would change it so everyone in the afterlife place would be able to move on. Not knowing what happened to Faraday kills me!

The Hunger Games - Not based on Katniss and all that though. There would be one hunger games per season with new tributes, arenas and more each time. It could set somewhere in the 60th Hunger Games so the rebellion is not even close to starting. There could be some flashbacks to the tributes lives back in their districts but the rules still stand - there can be only one victor.

No one really. I am quite unique.

I don't know about marry or fuck because there are oh so many choices but kill is easy. Joffery, I hate that little shit so much...

Rasputin sounds like a really good idea actually. I remember hearing about him in history class and the story of his death(s) just freaked me out. A series that explored the mystical scary part of his life would be fucking cool.

Can I say Hunger Games again?

Superhero! I loved those comics and now I love the movies and TV shows based off them. Smallville was great and Arrow was even better. S.H.I.E.L.D was a bit of a let down.... but I still have faith! A new Flash TV show is coming too and I am completely psyched. There are other non-comic superhero shows like Heroes which was pretty good (atleast the first two seasons) but I still love the DC or Marvel (mostly DC - shape up Marvel!) shows because I can make connections between the comics and the show.

More spin-off shows from Arrow just like the Flash TV show with other famous DC heroes. Like I said before, I love these superhero shows so much.

Malcolm Merlyn in Arrow. When he and Tommy died it felt like that entire story-line had wrapped up. No matter how much I loved him, bringing him back is really just too much.

The Doctor - who wouldn't want to travel through time with the TARDIS.

Kevin Hart, can't get enough of that guy!

Maybe, personally I feel that putting in a sex scene just to attract audiences is pretty tasteless. If it fits in with the storyline however, I have no problem with it.

More+
Flag
I really like your idea of how to make The Hunger Games a tv series!
"Not based on Katniss and all that though. There would be one hunger games per season with new tributes, arenas and more each time. It could set somewhere in the 60th Hunger Games so the rebellion is not even close to starting. There could be some flashbacks to the tributes lives back in their districts but the rules still stand - there can be only one victor. "
Flag
Glad you find it interesting. I highly doubt they would actually do that but there's a show called "The 100" coming up which sort of has the hunger games feel to it (from what I hear). Maybe it would be something like the idea I suggested.
Flag
Be sure never to get attached to someone in a season as all of them but one will be killed. A kind of GoT but even worse.
Flag
1. What is the most recent show/scene that made you laugh out loud? The Millers

2. What is the most recent show/scene to made you tear up/cry/get leaky eyes? OUaT

3. What show/scene boiled your blood (pissed you off)? TBBT

4. What show/scene made you feel all mushy (aka feel good/happy)? Lost Girl (Bo/Kenzi reuniting)

5. What TV scene from what show will you never forget? Married with Children, so many great scenes

6. What show(s) are or were popular but you never got around to watching it? Breaking Bad, Dexter, Trueblood, SoAs. So much more. Am so bad, I know.

7. If you would bring back one show and one character what/who would it be? Do No Harm. I just love the split Personality type of character. didnt care if people said it was crap, its my kind of show.

8. If you could rewrite one scene/death/plot twist what would it be and how would you change it? TBBT, Leonard/Penny relationship. It's just so bleh. Leonard idea of Penny watching Buffy was brilliant. Next time if should be Chuck so Penny can learn from Sarah Walker

9. What movie would be a good TV show? Mr. & Mrs. Smith

10. What character do you think best represents the real you? Chuck

Kill: .....
Marry: Christina (The Voice) My Goddess
Fuck: Caroline (2BG)

13. What book/comic would make a good TV show? Emma Frost, The White Queen

14. What genre would you like to see more of on TV? Sci-Fi,

15. What show would you do a spin off and with whom? Charlie's Angels, Mandy Moore

16. What character is misused? Stuart, TBBT. Sad Sack is just too much.

17. Which older actor/actress would you like to see on TV? Adam Baldwin/Bruce Campbell/Beth Riesgraf back on my TV.

18. If you could be any character in a TV show who would you be? The Doctor

19. What stand up comedian should get his/her own show? Kevin Perira. He not really a Comdian, but he was hilarous on AOTS

20. Are american TV shows to "puritan" about showing the human body? Not Really. Can tell a perfectly good story without the need to push the enevolpe
More+
Flag
Good point about Stuart from The Big Bang Theory. Very much a one note character, but I can't help but feel sorry for him. Hopefully the series will try and do something more with him soon.
Flag
Stuart i really was a good character. Episode with him and Penny having a date was good. It's just now he's lower then Raj.
Flag
The Bluestone 42 Christmas Special

Excluding the Battlestar Galactica series finale that I re-watched on DVD last week it's probably the death of Hersheal on The Walking Dead.

NCIS: LA insisting that the Cold War never ended - is there no end to this show trying to incite fear and hate? I quit watching after that.

Californication.

Oh my God there are so many! The two three that immediately come to mind are Buffy finding her Mom dead on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Leo stumbling through the woods and having a heart attack on The West Wing, President Bartlett talking to the spirit of Mrs Landingham in the Oval Office then walking through the rain and up to the podium on the Season 2 finale of The West Wing - ohhh number 4: Rimmer giving the reaper a knee to the groin in the Season 8 finale of Red Dwarf - but none of those are from this year, so I'll be coming back to this one. OK, from this year I have to go with Daenerys turning the tables on that Shithead and sacking his city on Game of Thrones.

The Shield, The Sopranos, The Wire, Sons of Anarchy, Friday Night Lights, The Killing, Deadwood, Boardwalk Empire, Big Love, Veep, Treme...

Why only one? That's just mean! OK, I want to say Firefly, obviously, but I'm not going to, instead I'm going to say Stargate Universe (but Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles is a close second). As for a character I'm going to have to say Hershel, the only others that really come to mind are on shows that have ended so I'd need to bring back the show to bring back the character.

The Community Season 4 finale - all of it! Jeff would be sitting in a restaurant having quietly graduated from Greendale and converses with his very annoying and incompetent waiter (played by someone like Louis CK). Meanwhile Annie discovers, via Vicky in the records office, that Jeff has graduated and the gang set-off to find him so that he doesn't celebrate alone - they realise that he obviously doesn't know how to say goodbye. They run in to Dean Pelton (dressed as a cheerleader - why not?) when they go to Jeff's apartment and he joins in the search as they visit some of the more memorable locations from the four seasons of the show. Meanwhile Chang and Dean Spreck are enacting their plan to destroy Greendale by some means that I'm yet to think of, but the plan does hinge on Chang achieving something. Jeff is still at the restaurant having a difficult time with his waiter. The gang run into Chang and ask him for help, including him in the group and making him feel wanted by the gang. Chang excuses himself after telling the group that he overheard Jeff on the phone making a reservation at a restaurant. Jeff is still waiting for his food whilst staring at his phone and he finally breaks and phones the one person he truly cares for. Chang, meanwhile, turns the tables on Dean Spreck, ruining the plan and saving Greendale - the group never find out that he saves the college or that he was initially plotting against them. The group arrive at the restaurant just as one of them receives a phone call from Jeff. They all pull up chairs and squeeze around the tiny table and start chatting as if it's just another day whilst Britta pushes her phone back into her pocket and her and Jeff share a look. The camera pans out to show the waiter finally bring Jeff's meal. The End.

I'd love to see a series based on Alien (it's my favourite film) and I think Kick-Ass would make a fantastic very-dark comedy.

Excellent question. I'd love to say Dean Winchester - bad-ass ladies man - but I'm nothing like him so I'll have to say, in terms of personality, probably Lister from Red Dwarf or maybe Sam from The Wrong Mans.

I'd very happily spend the rest of my life with Felicity Smoak, but before we get hitched I wouldn't mind spending some "quality time" with Rebekah Mikaelson (I'll be honest, I could be here for hours listing names here). As for the messy business of some murdering, I think I'd have to fire an exocet missile at the set of Sean Saves the World.

The Khan dynasty from Mongolia during the 12th, 13th and 14th centuries, also Nelson Mandela and Rasputin would probably make for some interesting television.

The Sword of Truth series deserves a better attempt than Legend of the Seeker. Also, Michael Connelly's Harry Bosch series and The Straw Men trilogy by Michael Marshall.

Space-based sci-fi/drama actually set on space ships travelling through the universe.

Charlie Bradbury from Supernatural and Carol from The Walking Dead.

Agent Ressler - The Blacklist and Laurel Lance - Arrow.

I'd like to see Martin Sheen back in a regular role.

I'd be on The Walking Dead as the character I'm writing in my fan fiction piece (that I'll probably never finish), but I could probably list 40 or 50 shows for this one.

Eddie Izzard doing whatever the hell he wants to do (Hummingbird Lane is just a suggestion).

The networks are, yes. But obviously not on cable.
More+
Flag
I think Kick-Ass would make a good television series too, and Alien is another great idea.
Flag
Regarding 6, you should at least watch The Wire.
Flag
A slight revision to Question 19:

Eddie Izzard doing whatever the hell he wants to do (MOCKingbird Lane is just a suggestion).
Flag
1.It was probably The Big Bang Theory
2.Once Upon A Time,when Emma and Henry had to leave Storybrooke.
3.White Collar
4.The Carrie Diaries,when Sebastian and Carrie got back together.
5.The beginning of Lost.
6.The Walking Dead,Breaking Bad,The Shield,Friends,Sopranos and many more.
7.Lost and Sydney Bristow or Chuck Bartowski.
8.I would've had a happier ending for Chuck,he and Sarah would've been together and went into their house and closed the red door.
11.Kill Conrad Grayson (Revenge),Marry Raylan Givens (Justified),F*** Miles Matheson (Revolution).
17.Cybill Shepherd
18.Detective Olivia Benson,she's a survivor and helps people.
Flag
Er... Probably Arrow. Don't judge! Felicity says the darndest things...

Walking Dead. Oh, Hershel... Hershel, Hershel, Hershel...

White Collar. I do not want to see Neal trying to become a criminal again. What is it with writers that feel like they must always return their characters to the point at which they began? Why erase 4 seasons of perfectly amazing characterization for drama~ I haven't even watched anything past episode 4 of this season because that scene pissed me off so much.

Sleepy Hollow is just a good time every time it's on.

Er... Does Stephen Amell doing his workout montage on Arrow count? Because... *fans self*

A lot... Sons of Anarchy, Game of Thrones, True Blood,

Leverage. I miss that show so much.

Can Malcolm Merlyn stay dead, please?

Hm... That's a hard one. Probably something like The Craft from the 90's, put it on CW as a teenaged supernatural drama, and people will eat it up.

Oh, or, a prequel Harry Potter story. Does that count since it originally was a book? Haha. A Marauders series would be awesome even though JKR seems adamantly against writing out the Marauders for some reason.

Ichabod is my spirit animal.

I'll marry Oliver Queen. I'll fuck Ichabod Crane. And I'll kill Bob Stookey.

I dunno. I think they've done everything... I always prefer future shows anyway.

I already said Harry Potter, but a Harry Potter prequel about the Marauders. I also think the Young Avengers (comic) would make a great TV Show. It has a very diverse cast of teenaged superheroes, which I think could catch the eye of a lot of genre TV viewers.

Genre TV is my favorite. Give me more superheroes, supernatural, ghosts, horror, all of that.

Leverage with Parker, Hardison, and Eliot at the helm.

Probably Laurel Lance on Arrow. Though at this point I would just rather she remain unused.

Well, since he was just killed off, let's get Scott Wilson back on TV.

Felicity Smoak. Talk about a dream job right there.

I've always been a Jeff Dunham fan, but the last time he had a show, it kind of bombed. I also really like Chris Hardwick, but I think he has a hundred of his own shows even though he isn't really acting in them.

Yes and no. Yes in the fact that they find violence to be okay but nudity is awful, and no in the fact that people are allowed to be conservative and feel safe while watching their televisions. I think the dichotomy between violence and nudity is wrong (who decided violence was more okay than nudity anyway?), but if you don't want to see one or neither, you shouldn't have to watch PBS to do so.
More+
Flag

Rewatching any episode of Community makes me laugh out loud.

I don't get emotional often, but I did cry during Breaking Bad, when they showed the video of Gale singing 'Major Tom'. That literally made me cry, and I have no idea why...

Has to be the final scene of Dexter. So unnecessary...

Again, back to Breaking Bad. Seeing Gus get blown up and losing half of his face.

From the best show in the universe, Sherlock, the scene on the semitary, with John's emotional speech and revealing that Sherlock is still alive.

So many shows I still want to watch (or catch up on): Fringe, Mad Men, The Walking Dead, Sons Of Anarchy... etc.

Although I loved the ending, it would have to be Breaking Bad. I only started watching it when the final 8 episodes were airing, so I had to binge watch it to make the finale. Because I watch the entire show in a very short time, I was not quite ready to part with this great show.

8. If you could rewrite one scene/death/plot twist what would it be and how would youchange it?

The entire final season of Dexter. I think they were on the right track with Zach as an apprentice of Dexter, so I thought killing him was a very stupid move. I also wouldn't include Hannah!

I don't watch a lot of movies, but I think The Hunger Games might have enough storyline to fill a TV show.

I'd like to think I'm like Raylan Givens (Justified), willing to do whatever it takes to protect the ones I love.

Can we please kill King Joffrey? THANK YOU!

12. What time period or historical event/person "deserves" a show----like Attila the Hun,Pol Pot, Elvis, Marie Curie, Rasputin, etc...?

I think we need a show about Sherlock Holmes, but not like Sherlock (which is amazing) or Elementary (which is alright), but during the actual time period in which he supposedly lived.

I don't know if any of you have read the Dexter books, but those are awesome. Would be some great inspiration for a couple of seasons.

I like the spy dramas, things like Homeland, The Americans, etc.

Justified, either with Boyd Crowder, but he already is a leading man, so I would choose Dewey Crowe. I'd watch him all day!

Quinn in Homeland. Most interesting person in Season 3, while only having about 5 minutes of air time every episode.

Jack Nicholson in some villain role.

Raylan Givens in Justified. Biggest bad ass on television!

John Oliver is hilarious, and I believe he is getting his own show...

Maybe they are, but I don't think nudity really adds something to a TV show. Plus, there are more than enough shows who aren't puritan at all.
More+
Flag
Yes--> Jack Nicholson
Great tastes--> Breaking Bad, Justified, Sherlock
Yep, let's kill Joffrey
I take it Dexter didn't follow the books closely...maybe they should of kept is slightly closer to the books...anything to prevent that tragedy of a series finale!
Flag
Well, the first book is almost exactly the same as Season 1, but after that the series completely ignores the books. Which is fine, but I think there were quite a lot of nice storylines in the books, which would have made for some great seasons.

And yes, it's nice to find someone with the same taste in tv shows! :)

Flag

1. The supporting cast of Orange is the new black is so good; I laughed my head off many times.

2. The returned: when Camille’s mother sees her back to life – I had never had teary eyes and goose bumps at the same time. I’ve cried through Friday Night Lights five seasons!

3. Dexter’s season 6 and 8 (partially, I jumped ship after episode 5). Homeland: countless times. The Shield: Anytime Shame did something stupid dragging the Strike team into a bigger shit.

4. Downton Abbey – very soapy, but I feel happy every time things work out.

5. The Shield: when Lem fought for his life in a house with a couple of drug dealers. Spartacus: when Spartacus fights Theokoles.

6. Hannibal seems to be popular. Still debating on whether or not I should watch it. To be honest, I can’t stand serial killers anymore! The Wire: I tried to watch it a couple of years ago, but couldn’t go past the first episode. I’m finally watching and enjoying it.

8. I would rewrite the main plot of Damages last season. I thought the dispute between Ellen and Patty was great as usual, but the case of the season was a bit weak and got nowhere. Dexter Season 6: I would have written a more conflicted Travis and would have revealed the inexistence of Professor Gellar earlier. It would’ve been an interesting storyline if Travis’ craziness had been better exploited.

11. SOA: Gemma. Spartacus: Ashur – he WAS killed, but I would like to kill him with my own hands!

13. Many of Ray Bradbury’s short stories would make great episodes of a mini-series or something, a la Twilight Zone.

20. Well, not really, if you take shows such as HBO’s or Spartacus… Honestly, sex scenes usually makes me bored, especially when it’s a bit too much. I just think women are usually more exposed than men, you can usually see only men’s butts, I would like to see some dicks for a change.

More+
Flag
Thank you for reminding me: "The Shield: Anytime Shame did something stupid dragging the Strike team into a bigger shit." That definitely boiled my blood!

#11 I'm confused about your order since you put Ashur last but want to kill him;-)

ooh, #13 would be great (as a real miniseries and not an event series aka will renew it if we have great rating since then we can sell ad space for more $ and make more $)

I completely agree-->" I just think women are usually more exposed than men, you can usually see only men’s butts, I would like to see some dicks for a change."
Flag
I would like to see any one of these three shows brought back.
Deadwood
John fom Cincinnati
Better Off Ted
Flag
1 Game of thrones season 2 where Jaqen Killed the guard at the request of Arya before he could tell Tywin Arya is a spy
2 Game of Throne Red Wedding Rob and Catelyn death/ Awake episode 11 where Micheal realize he lost his son
3 Game of Throne Red Wedding Rob and Catelyn death
4 Awake final scene where he see his family is ok
5 The Red Wedding
6 There are allot Mad Man ,Walking Dead,Vampire Diaries
7 Shows Awake/Kyle XY People Catelyn(The Original)/Robb/Edward
8 I would change The Red Wedding to have Robb and Catelyn escape injured but alive
9 The count of monte cristo
10 Kyle XY/Jessi XX
Kill - Joffrey from Game of Thrones
Marry- Juliette from Grimm
Fuck - Sexy Sofia from Modern Family.She is not called the human vigram for nothing :)
12 H G Wells and tie it to a show about time machine
13 The Jack Reacher series of Lee Child (who they made one movie with Tom Cruse)
14 Somthing more about time travel and alternative realities like Sliders was at the beginning
15 well most of my spinoff happen just wrong way like The Flash should spin off from Smallville and OUAT Wonderland should have spin of from OUAT but with Cora and the Mad Hat and not this stupid childish version we got.
16 I think what Fringe did to the Observers in the last season was horrible they went from being mysteries guides and time keepers to ruthless robots
17 Sir Ian Murray McKellen he always bring such grace to his roles
18 Superman of course :)
19 Can't think of one since I don't watch much comedy this days
20 no speaking as none U.S resident just look at Spartacus,Game OF Thrones,Kamelot
More+
Flag
1. TBBT Scavenger Vortex episode

2. Marley and Me ( I know its not a tv show, but it was the last thing to get me teary )

3. Dexter's last season

4. Amy and Howard singing Neil Diamond songs in the car on TBBT (Happy)

5. President Bartlett in the cathedral (West Wing) - good,
Dexter being a f*cking lumberjack (Dexter) -bad

6. OUAT

7. Terriers

8. I would change all of Dexters final season.
The Miami Metro would delve deeper into Laguerta's murder
Deb wouldn't die,
Hannah wouldn't of turned up,
Masuka wouldn't of had a kid
Dexter would kill Quinn,
Dexter would be arrested and Deb wouldn't be able to help
And end it with Harrison becoming a serial killer and visiting Dexter in prison.

9. The Searchers, Legend or Aliens for a mini series

10. A mix of David Brent, Butters, a feral Wolverine, the sock guy from The Bridge and Tyrion Lannister

11. Kill -The entire cast of OUAT, OUATIW, HIMYM there are so many more
Marry - Annie from Community
F*ck - too long a list

12. 1970's

13. Hitman (DC comics) or the Logan McRae series by Stuart MacBride

14. Westerns or an intergalactic sci-fi

15. Bear from POI -"Fights crimes and the bitches love him!"

16. Raj from TBBT

17. Kurt Russell

18. Sherlock

19. Patton Oswalt

20. Network tv is
More+
Flag
A bit like

Flag
very close
Flag
I'm not surprised you are like the sock man from The Bridge!

Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
1. The several season 5 trailers for Community
2. No discussion there: when Amy said 'Goodbye, raggedy man' to 11 in the Dr. Who christmas special "The time of the doctor". I really teared up
3. This last season: Cote de Pablo leaving NCIS
4. Every time when I see Penny smile in the background at what is happening in The Big Bang Theory, it so adds to the joy
5. The themes from Firefly and MASH always give me goosebumps, again and again and again
6. Alias
7. no discussion here either: Firefly and captain Tightpants
8. I would let colonel Henry Blake from MASH made it home safe and sound instead of him dying when his plan was shot down when returning home
9. Gremlins: the endless search for Gremlins that keep popping up and making a chaos of where they are
10. Tony DiNozzo from NCIS
11. I would find that difficult in that order, but as a divorced man I have an image of another order of these happening. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind waking up next to Kate Beckett, Kaylee or even Penny (this last season), married to them or not. There are not that much characters I really dislike, but probably I would not hesitate if king Joffrey would, by accident, walk in front of my crossbow
12. Number 14, our national Dutch soccer hero Johan Cruijff
13. The foundation trilogy by Asimov
14. GOOD sci-fi
15. A prequal to Lost with Richard Alpert (the character)
16. The bottles of 30-year old Glen McKenna whisky in "How I met your mother", they keep breaking
17. Bernadette Peters, Cybill Shepherd or Hellen Mirren
18. None because to much happens to them, but I like the perks/extras Leonard Hofstadter has, so maybe him
19. A young Eddie Murphy
20. Yes
More+
Flag
I knew I liked you--> "Tony DiNozzo from NCIS". Funny, nice and intelligent...the best combination;-)
Flag
Thanks, I feel appreciated! Next to other things, the combination of a big mouth but a kind heart are qualities I also can relate to :-)
Flag
1. Big Bang Theory
3. The Red Wedding on Game of Thrones
4. Canceled on Nikita
6. Person of Interest, Breaking Bad
7. Firefly and Veronica from Veronica Mars
9. Blue is the Warmest Color
11. Laurel @ Arrow || JJ @ Criminal Minds || Meredith and her Lexie @ Grey's Anatomy
12. Vikings
14. Music, Ninjas and Sword Fighting
20. Some are. Bring The L Word back
Flag
good stuff!
Have you watched the tv show Vikings? I would like more than one Viking show;-)
Flag
Didn't try it yet actually.
Will give it a shot next weekend
Flag
1. SNL Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake.
2. Fringe finale. I was thinking about putting Breaking Bad, but they show never made me cry. It just made me feel depressed and deflated.
3. Dexter's final season. So much disappointment.
5. Walter's final scene in Fringe and Walter's final scene in Breaking Bad.
6. Mad Men
7. One show - Terriers. One Character - Jimmy or Richard on Boardwalk Empire
8. Dexter's finale. I would've rathered Deb stayed alive and Dexter ended up caught or dead.
13. Not a book or comic, but I think the Fallout or Mass Effect video game series would be a great series if done right.
14. Crime Comedies. Bored to Death and, my all-time favorite, Monk are both gone, and Psych appears to be winding down. Brooklyn 9-9 is great and I love these types of shows.
15. Since The Walking Dead is already doing a spin-off, I would like to see Carol leading a new group. Though I think she'll be back with the main group this season.
18. Raylan Givens from Justified. He's the coolest and most badass character on television.
20. Most networks are. You can see extremely violent deaths, but even the slightest hint of nudity causes people to freak out.
More+
Flag
And I had to see that last episode of Fringe again now we spoke about it. It's been a year and it still was pretty emotional.

Flag
Didn't think about Fringe, but those final scenes were pretty emotional.
Flag
Question 11 is the best question ever asked about tv ever.
Later more(it's a lot, sorry).
Flag
you can list as many as you like;-P
Flag
1 trophy wife christmas episode
4 Time of the doctor
5 Birth scene from the original V
6 Sopranos, Walking dead
7 Blakes 7
9 the Matrix.
12 boxer rebellion/ gunboat politics era China or the great game between Great Britain and Russia over the dominance of central Asia.
Russian side of the space race. could probably come up with a few more if I think about.
13 Quantum non fiction about development of quantum mechanics Einstein and Bohr trying to convice each other they are right. It would be something in the vain of Masters of sex.
Flag
About Trophy Wife's Xmas episode: Meg's reaction to seeing the choreographed singing of The Sign makes me laugh every time!
Flag
love these--> "boxer rebellion/ gunboat politics era China or the great game between Great Britain and Russia over the dominance of central Asia.
Russian side of the space race. could probably come up with a few more if I think about."

the Opium Wars
Flag
Basically a biography of Empress Dowager Cixi who lived/ruled China in this period second opium war, Taiping rebellion, the boxers rebellion.

p.s. 80's TV series "Reilly ace of spies" is in part about the great game.
Flag
The Matrix would be a cool television series to watch, I'd imagine.
Flag
Follow this Topic
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    The Carmichael Show President Trump
    NEW
    NBC
  • 9:00 pm
    American Ninja Warrior
    NEW
    NBC